Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

are GNT and Wendy stans still going at it? i think it’s high time that we admit that Miss Jershika Maple was the most consistent contestant of the season and deserved the trophy more than BOTH of those flops!!!!🤭 (i’m just playing no one yell at me)

Edited by KimberlyxKyla
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

are GNT and Wendy stans still going at it? i think it’s high time that we admit that Miss Jershika Maple was the most consistent contestant of the season and deserved the trophy more than BOTH of those flops!!!!🤭 (i’m just playing no one yell at me)

let's talk about the real robbed person here carson daly. been on here since its inception and hasn't won once. s22 #teamcarson4life

• Haha 6

41 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

I agree kind of about the consistency part . While jershika was consistent she wasn’t the most consistent, she had performances where her vocals wasn’t as great as it usually is or where she was noticeably pitchy . The most consistently great artist(s) this season has to be either Paris or Hailey , neither delivered a performance with pitch issues and all their performances were actually great both vocally and generally IMO.

• Like 2

Does anyone know how many Spotify streams Girl Named Tom's Christmas song got? 

I also noticed that they're not following Republic Records, and Republic Records isn't following them on Instagram. 

Also, NBC re-aired Kelly's Christmas special. Idk why they couldn't try to do a "Voice" centric Christmas special with contestants/special guests - even if it was on at some crappy time slot, it's still better than nothing. 

So anticlimactic to have the finale, then just...nothing.

• Sad 1

I'm glad I'm never here for the bickering :haha:

I mean, as a fan of both, I think most everyone can agree Wendy is a much, much, better vocalist than all of GNT combined, but in the end, does it really matter? As per usual, her loss will inspire rants and criticism of the show on various places and then poof, everyone forgets she (and GNT) exists. They're both back to where they started. I get ranting right after the finale, but why not just support what they're doing post-show in the weeks after?

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

but why not just support what they're doing post-show in the weeks after?

Wendy had surgery Friday on her right elbow. She wasn't supposed to lift anything for the first five days after the surgery and has an expected recovery period of up to three months. Unfortunately, it will likely be a few weeks before Wendy is able to do much—especially in terms of her music career.

8 minutes ago, RTV said:

Wendy had surgery Friday on her right elbow. She wasn't supposed to lift anything for the first five days after the surgery and has an expected recovery period of up to three months. Unfortunately, it will likely be a few weeks before Wendy is able to do much—especially in terms of her music career.

There is no need to rush. Hopefully she takes all the time she needs to focus on her recovery 🙏

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

There is no need to rush. Hopefully she takes all the time she needs to focus on her recovery 🙏

Yes. I was just saying that it will be a little while before Wendy does anything post-show for fans to support.

now that Season 21 is over, i am going to take a break from idol forums for a few months! i’ll be back during Idol probably. here are my final thoughts on Season 21:

• the contestants were awesome this season! i truly enjoyed every contestant in the top 13 to some extent. i think it is one of the best top 13s ever, and it gave us one of the best finales ever.
  • this season gave me so many favs to root for🥰 Wendy, Jershika, Gymani, Brittany, Shadale, LiBianca, and Bella all gave some really wonderful performances and great moments.
  • Wendy is definitely one of my favorite contestants ever. she is one of the best vocalists to ever be on this show in my opinion, and many of her performances are some of my favorite performances of all time! the fact that she not only remained in the competition after falling, but gave her best live performances afterwards is really amazing. her determination and perseverance is inspiring! i’m so grateful Wendy was a contestant this season, and i pray her surgery went well!
  • Jershika was such an unexpected surprise this season. i loved each performance she gave us and am so proud that she made the finale! truthfully, i thought she was going to go home after Ain’t It Fun, but she killed her IS performance and continued to do amazing! her winning that second IS is one of my favorite moments of the season!
  • i really enjoyed our winner GNT! they are one of my favorite winners honestly. they gave some really beautiful performances and should be very proud of themselves! their blind, KO, and semifinals performances are my favorites from them. i may have a bit of a crush on both Caleb and Josh…
  • i’m so glad that we had a regular amount of live shows for this season! it was so nice to have a normal season again. each live show was great since the contestants were all good! more lives makes the seasons so much more enjoyable.
  • QUEEN ARIANA DESERVED BETTER!!! give my queen a second chance and give her an AA powerhouse diva!!! i loved her connection to her team, and i thought she was fun to watch this season. i hope she comes back!

this was definitely one of my favorite seasons ever! i’m so sad it’s over and even more sad that we have to wait until September for another season😭 happy holidays everyone🎄

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

now that Season 21 is over, i am going to take a break from idol forums for a few months! i’ll be back during Idol probably. here are my final thoughts on Season 21:

• the contestants were awesome this season! i truly enjoyed every contestant in the top 13 to some extent. i think it is one of the best top 13s ever, and it gave us one of the best finales ever.
  • this season gave me so many favs to root for🥰 Wendy, Jershika, Gymani, Brittany, Shadale, LiBianca, and Bella all gave some really wonderful performances and great moments.
  • Wendy is definitely one of my favorite contestants ever. she is one of the best vocalists to ever be on this show in my opinion, and many of her performances are some of my favorite performances of all time! the fact that she not only remained in the competition after falling, but gave her best live performances afterwards is really amazing. her determination and perseverance is inspiring! i’m so grateful Wendy was a contestant this season, and i pray her surgery went well!
  • Jershika was such an unexpected surprise this season. i loved each performance she gave us and am so proud that she made the finale! truthfully, i thought she was going to go home after Ain’t It Fun, but she killed her IS performance and continued to do amazing! her winning that second IS is one of my favorite moments of the season!
  • i really enjoyed our winner GNT! they are one of my favorite winners honestly. they gave some really beautiful performances and should be very proud of themselves! their blind, KO, and semifinals performances are my favorites from them. i may have a bit of a crush on both Caleb and Josh…
  • i’m so glad that we had a regular amount of live shows for this season! it was so nice to have a normal season again. each live show was great since the contestants were all good! more lives makes the seasons so much more enjoyable.
  • QUEEN ARIANA DESERVED BETTER!!! give my queen a second chance and give her an AA powerhouse diva!!! i loved her connection to her team, and i thought she was fun to watch this season. i hope she comes back!

this was definitely one of my favorite seasons ever! i’m so sad it’s over and even more sad that we have to wait until September for another season😭 happy holidays everyone🎄

happy holidays queen 👑

• Like 1

Random thought for the day….Hailey was asked about her blind and said she didn’t know what she was doing. They even had to teach her how to hold a microphone. On the other end of the spectrum, we had Wendy with 35 years of experience performing with some of the biggest names in show business. Both made the finale. Say what you want about this show, but it’s incredible that both a 14 and a 56 year old can compete and be successful, when a lot of people had doubts about them, due to their age and relative levels of experience. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Regarding the show and Wendy, this is what she had to say about it, and remember she has more than 30 years in the business:

“The Voice is hard. I thought it was going to be no pressure at all. It was pressure every day morning to night!” 

Yeah, a few weeks ago, she said she’s never in her life had to go at that pace, and didn’t know whether she’d be able to keep up. 

And that was before she broke both of her arms!

Edited by TeamAudra

53 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

How many streams has GNTs Christmas song gotten on Spotify?

I don’t know how to access this anymore if it’s not in their top 5 most popular songs. You used to be able to hover over the popularity bar on desktop but that bar doesn’t show up for me anymore. 

2 minutes ago, jem128 said:

I don’t know how to access this anymore if it’s not in their top 5 most popular songs. You used to be able to hover over the popularity bar on desktop but that bar doesn’t show up for me anymore. 

It’s directly below the 5 most popular, under “Artist Pick.” Just click on it. It has 17,149 plays. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Random thought for the day….Hailey was asked about her blind and said she didn’t know what she was doing. They even had to teach her how to hold a microphone. 

Forgetting everything else, the voice really is a good learning experience for teenagers. They get performance,

blocking, vocal etc lessons from pros who have been doing it for years. That’s invaluable for them at that age. 

• Like 3