Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

32 minutes ago, OneDayACat said:

That would be promising. Atlantic and Interscope (Billie, Olivia) have the best marketing teams of all the labels. The current no 1 song on Spotify (the abcdefu one) went viral on tik tok - the artist, Gayle, made a vid saying  "I can make a song out of anything" and *someone* told her to make a song from the alphabet, she released a verse, and then *someone* in the comments hyped it up and asked for the full version. 

Turns out that *someone* was an Atlantic Records marketing rep lol 

Nothing is guaranteed, but someone (Kelly) probably tipped them about Hailey a while back. That would explain the two songs she picked for the finale. Her semi-final song was minivan friendly enough to get the PV. Making the finale seems to have been the end goal here. Finishing 2nd or 3rd  rather than 4th would make no difference, and her placement keeps her name out of all of the mud slinging that’s happening right now. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I have gained some appreciation for John as of lately. He's not perfect but out of the 3 regular coaches he's the only one who tries to push for unique artists.

I agree. He really formed a wonderful team this season. I don´t think Joshua could have had a better coach for him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, B-B said:

I am sick and tired of white mediocrity beating black excellence

You say that yet still rate your favorites with high scores even when they had underwhelming and/or a performance with several noticeable pitch issues , just stay pressed . 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

47 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

You say that yet still rate your favorites with high scores even when they had underwhelming and/or a performance with several noticeable pitch issues , just stay pressed . 

What do those things even have to do with each other? Also that’s not even true 

GNT was so good. Unlike most minivan bait contestants, they were appreciated by almost everyone. They also had good numbers on YouTube above everyone with some few performance exceptions. 

I understand the hate comments on sm since they were neck to neck situation with Wendy. 

10 minutes ago, Torres said:

GNT was so good. Unlike most minivan bait contestants, they were appreciated by almost everyone. They also had good numbers on YouTube above everyone with some few performance exceptions. 

I understand the hate comments on sm since they were neck to neck situation with Wendy. 

Honestly, I think GNT is just getting to be the unfortunate recipient of a lot of built up anger/disappointment.

And then that was exaggerated by Wendy making a resurgence in the last two weeks that put her close on (non-itunes) indicators, and she would have been a very deserving winner as well.

But GNT was great, and they were going to be hard to catch after the 1-2 punch of their KO and t13 performance 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, B-B said:

What do those things even have to do with each other? Also that’s not even true 

Really , so giving Jershika a 9.5 for her Semifinal IS when that performance had several noticeable pitch issues and it makes sense giving Wendy’s live PO performance a 9.5 when she literally was not pitch perfect and was slightly but noticeably flat but then giving Hailey Mia’s traitor performance a 7.5 when Hailey Mia pretty much gave a pitch perfect performance in the Live PO.  Wendy did give the best ballad performance but her run on the show was not stellar and was underwhelming to an extent , You gave Jershika a 9.5 for her top 13 performance yet her top 13 performance had pitch issues too , it was really good but still had pitch issues. If you are gonna penalize other groups like GNT or other soloists for pitch issues and underwhelming performances do the same with your favorites .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

idk if this is the right place but will anyone be watching idol or american song contest this spring or just be off until info about 22 starts

I'm interested on American Idol, but i'm not sure yet. Knowing the audience of that show (which is not that different from The Voice audience) i'm probably gonna end highly dissapointed, but if there is enough talent, i may give it a chance

The idea of a songwriter competition is a not for me. So i won't watch that other show 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

idk if this is the right place but will anyone be watching idol or american song contest this spring or just be off until info about 22 starts

I’m keeping an eye on Idol since two previous contestants on The Voice that I enjoyed have said they auditioned, but I haven’t watched a full season since 2013 so…we’ll see.

(If we get a loosely-Casey-Bishop-ish type though…👀👀)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mohammad said:

Really , so giving Jershika a 9.5 for her Semifinal IS when that performance had several noticeable pitch issues and it makes sense giving Wendy’s live PO performance a 9.5 when she literally was not pitch perfect and was slightly but noticeably flat but then giving Hailey Mia’s traitor performance a 7.5 when Hailey Mia pretty much gave a pitch perfect performance in the Live PO.  Wendy did give the best ballad performance but her run on the show was not stellar and was underwhelming to an extent , You gave Jershika a 9.5 for her top 13 performance yet her top 13 performance had pitch issues too , it was really good but still had pitch issues. If you are gonna penalize other groups like GNT or other soloists for pitch issues and underwhelming performances do the same with your favorites .

I don't rate things objectively. I rate them by how much I enjoy them

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

I have watched every Idol season since the reboot and S20 won’t be an exception (seems like this time it will more fun with some people from this subforum joining in :shiftywave:)

And I will check out ASC, I don’t know much about it but Eurovision is a big deal in my country so I want to see how it compares. My expectations are extremely low tho

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, B-B said:

I don't rate things objectively. I rate them by how much I enjoy them

Fair enough but you said it yourself  , you rate artists or choose who you want to win based preference and how much you enjoyed them well same thing goes to the public , they enjoyed and preferred GNT the most. So it ain’t fair and it is rude to say that a group or a contestant is/are mediocre, GNT might not be your cup of tea but you have to admit they at least have talent . I get it is your opinion but well the people have voted and GNT won and that is THEIR opinion unless your opinion matters and others don’t . I want an AA powerhouse to win so badly too but I want an AA powerhouse to win with a STELLAR run and I felt like Gymani could have had that if she wasn’t robbed IMO but again that is just my opinion and the public has already voted .

Edited by Mohammad
  • Haha 1

Fair enough but you said it yourself  , you rate artists or choose who you want to win based preference and how much you enjoyed them well same thing goes to the public , they enjoyed and preferred GNT the most. So it ain’t fair and it is rude to say that a group or a contestant is/are mediocre, GNT might not be your cup of tea but you have to admit they at least have talent . I get it is your opinion but well the people have voted and GNT won and that is THEIR opinion unless your opinion matters and others don’t . I want an AA powerhouse to win so badly too but I want an AA powerhouse to win with a STELLAR run and I felt like Gymani could have had that if she wasn’t robbed IMO but again that is just my opinion and the public has already voted .

Sorry for my last post, i wanted to mention someone else 

Anyways, what i wanted to say is, you just twisted yourself in a way that i can't even take you seriously anymore. It's like people can only have an opinion as long as is the same opinion as you have

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Anyways, what i wanted to say is, you just twisted yourself in a way that i can't even take you seriously anymore. It's like people can only have an opinion as long as is the same opinion as you have

No , you are completely wrong , you can have your own opinion that is fine , but you don’t have to be rude , unfair , belittling, and condescending when having one , saying GNT is mediocre is a stretch they might not be your cup of tea that is an opinion but they do have talent that is a fact  . I said Nothing wrong , the public has a preference , deal with it . Just because your fave didn’t win doesn’t mean that the winner was not talented . Everyone one has their preference , not everyone has to share your opinion, if the public thinks an AA powerhouse is “screaming “ then that is on them , tho it is still their opinion , no matter how obscure or if we don’t agree with it , it is still their OPINION. My opinion is that Wendy had an inconsistent run , Jershika had a good run with some rough patches , my opinion is that I enjoyed GNT’s run there were slight rough patches but I still loved them , that is my opinion. You can have yours , I can have mine , everyone can have an opinion but at the same be fair. I repeat you can have an opinion that is fine but at the same time be nice and fair about, GNT is a very talented group and that is a fact and anyone with any type of knowledge about music and vocals would agree with this .

Edited by Mohammad

On 12/11/2021 at 10:17 PM, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Y'all this is a memory of mine from the show but I have some questions.....

Does anyone remember a car ad that was done by the voice to advertise a particular brand (tb to when the winners got a car....or am I also imagining that??? idk well)

Anyways this ad had a particular song that had these lyrics:

"what if what if what if we, could run wild and free

there's a world for us to see

what if there's nothing nothing that can keep us down let's get going

we're all alone for the ride

come on come on you know there's so much more

let's go where no one's gone before"

And the ad featured SEVERAL voice contestants like Chevel, Lauren Duski, Kennedy, Kirk, Sundance, Alisan, and Jordan and Chris Blue (not sure about the last two tbh)

Anyways I always thought it was a Chevel original considering they made it seem like that (the ad was very Chevel centered, she opened and closed the song and had big parts between

I also remember some VERY specific shots from it lol, like Chevel was in a studio, Kirk and Kennedy were singing together in a car, Alisan was in the car with her kids, etc....

But anyways the contestants all sang and they were like inside cars and it was so fun and the song was kind of a banger but they deleted the video at some point (pretty sure it aired back in season 16) and I've been wanting to find it again ever since. Just wanted to see if anyone else remembered it lo

edit: decided to try once again and searched "the voice *insert car brand* ad" for like 6 different brands until I found it💀 gosh it's embarrassing how easy I found it after I kept thinking to myself where it had gone.....anyways here it is if you wanna see what I was talking about lol. They do say in the beginning it's an original....we just don't know who it's from lol

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Ie9Y/toyota-rav4-the-voice-what-if-ft-chevel-shepherd-sundance-head-alisan-porter-t1

so this is why i randomly sing "what if what if what if we were living wild and freee"

4 hours ago, thevoicefan12 said:

I'm just not really into Luke Bryan or Katy Perry, and idol has to many theme weeks. I might check out the Eurovision knockoff 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mohammad said:

2 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

No , you are completely wrong , you can have your own opinion that is fine , but you don’t have to be rude , unfair , belittling, and condescending when having one , saying GNT is mediocre is a stretch they might not be your cup of tea that is an opinion but they do have talent that is a fact  . I said Nothing wrong , the public has a preference , deal with it . Just because your fave didn’t win doesn’t mean that the winner was not talented . Everyone one has their preference , not everyone has to share your opinion, if the public thinks an AA powerhouse is “screaming “ then that is on them , tho it is still their opinion , no matter how obscure or if we don’t agree with it , it is still their OPINION. My opinion is that Wendy had an inconsistent run , Jershika had a good run with some rough patches , my opinion is that I enjoyed GNT’s run there were slight rough patches but I still loved them , that is my opinion. You can have yours , I can have mine , everyone can have an opinion but at the same be fair. I repeat you can have an opinion that is fine but at the same time be nice and fair about, GNT is a very talented group and that is a fact and anyone with any type of knowledge about music and vocals would agree with this .

Please don't make this persona, just agree to disagree or put each other on ignore if you have to. Or use the Unpopula opinions thread.

Keep the thread on topic, about the voice and not each other. ☮️

• Thanks 1

Don´t know where else to put this but had they done the 5 finalists thing, but without quotas for the shortened seasons (S18-S20), here´s how I think it would have gone in the semifinals.

S18:

PVs: Todd, Toneisha, TStorm, Allegra

IS: CammWess, most likely.

Kelly would have 100% missed the finale.

S19:

PVs: Carter, Jim, Ian, Ben (or DeSz)

IS: DeSz (or Ben)

Yeah, that would have caused a war zone on IDF lol. John would have most likely missed this one. Ben and DeSz could be interchangable, she probably could have gotten the PV over him, but Ben was 100% getting that instant save.

S20:

PVs: Cam, Kenzie, Jordan, Rachel.

IS: Gihanna, probably.

Another one that I believe John would have missed.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2