Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

Y'all this is a memory of mine from the show but I have some questions.....

Does anyone remember a car ad that was done by the voice to advertise a particular brand (tb to when the winners got a car....or am I also imagining that??? idk well)

Anyways this ad had a particular song that had these lyrics:

"what if what if what if we, could run wild and free

there's a world for us to see

what if there's nothing nothing that can keep us down let's get going

we're all alone for the ride

come on come on you know there's so much more

let's go where no one's gone before"

And the ad featured SEVERAL voice contestants like Chevel, Lauren Duski, Kennedy, Kirk, Sundance, Alisan, and Jordan and Chris Blue (not sure about the last two tbh)

Anyways I always thought it was a Chevel original considering they made it seem like that (the ad was very Chevel centered, she opened and closed the song and had big parts between

I also remember some VERY specific shots from it lol, like Chevel was in a studio, Kirk and Kennedy were singing together in a car, Alisan was in the car with her kids, etc....

But anyways the contestants all sang and they were like inside cars and it was so fun and the song was kind of a banger but they deleted the video at some point (pretty sure it aired back in season 16) and I've been wanting to find it again ever since. Just wanted to see if anyone else remembered it lo

edit: decided to try once again and searched "the voice *insert car brand* ad" for like 6 different brands until I found it💀 gosh it's embarrassing how easy I found it after I kept thinking to myself where it had gone.....anyways here it is if you wanna see what I was talking about lol. They do say in the beginning it's an original....we just don't know who it's from lol

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Ie9Y/toyota-rav4-the-voice-what-if-ft-chevel-shepherd-sundance-head-alisan-porter-t1

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Like 1

WatchMojo posted a "Top 10 Hardest Songs to Sing on The Voice" video for those interested.

If you don't wanna watch:

10. Never Enough - Loren Allred

-Showcased Jay Miah (S17), Claudia Emmanuela Santoso (TVoGermany S9 winner)

-No, they didn't acknowledge Loren Allred as a contestant lol

9. Un-Break My Heart - Toni Braxton 

-Showcased DeSz (S19), Alexandra? (Ukraine)

8. Stone Cold - Demi Lovato

-Showcased Brooke Simpson (S13), ???? (Voice Kids Ukraine)

7. You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban

-Showcased Wesley (France S3)

6. Hurt - Christina Aguilera

-Showcased Lena (TVKids Germany), Christane Roald (The Voice Norway)

5. It's A Mans' Man's Man's World - James Brown

-Showcased Sisaundra Lewis & Biff Gores (S6), Karise Eden (TVAus Season 1 winner)

4. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston

-Showcased Wendy Moten (S21), Laura (The Voice Kids Germany), Maddison MacNamara (TVAus S7)

3. Listen - Dreamgirls

-Showcased Amber Nicole vs. Timyra-Joi (S5), Justine (TVKids UK)

2. Chandelier - Sia

-Showcased Kevin Simm (TVUk S9), Jordan Smith (S9)

1. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

-Showcased Nikki, Anamaria, and Angie (TV Teens Colombia), 

HM:

Lovin' You (Minnie Riperton) - Leah McFall (TVUk S2)

Video Games (Lana Del Rey) - Jade Pearl Baker vs. Friederike, The Voice Germany)

Wuthering Heights (Kate Bush) - ? (France)

All By Myself (Celine Dion) - Keisha Renee (S13)

I Believe In A Thing Called Love (The Darkness) - TBA (The Voice UK)

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

has anyone ever charted on billboard hot 100 with their cover or is it not possible?

It happened with Chloe's cover of "Total Eclipse of the Heart" during Season 13. But it was the last time that a cover from The Voice charted on the Billboard Hot 100 before Billboard decided to modify its criteria for digital sales.

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 1

I'll post my thoughts on the finale results later; especifically on Hailey and on the whole "GNT vs Wendy" situation 

For now, congratulations to the Top 5 for making this one of the strongest finales ever, and congratulations to GNT for being the first group ever to win, that's a great achievement 👏🎉

• Like 3

The Facebook hate for GNT appears to be coming largely from Team Blake loyalists, and it is A LOT. This is a problem I’ve mentioned with a team format. The audience is small enough as it is, and a lot of viewers won’t support a winner if they are on the wrong team. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thevoicefan12 said:

has anyone ever charted on billboard hot 100 with their cover or is it not possible?

Back in the old days (pre-streaming dominance) it happened quite a bit.

ETA: As an example, in S7 Matt McAndrew had 4 covers and his original song chart in the H100. 

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

i wonder if john knows how poor he has been doing the past three seasons getting 5th (even though jershika should be higher just saying)

He will be fine, it's mostly not his fault, it's just that he is clearly not liked by Minivan, and in a show that focuses more on the coaches than in the actual contestants, this is expected to happen. Plus, his teams, despite being always strong in terms of talent, are never "Minivan bait". That's it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thevoicefan12 said:

i wonder if john knows how poor he has been doing the past three seasons getting 5th (even though jershika should be higher just saying)

He probably knows and I hope he doesn't care because he has been great representing the black community the last couple of seasons. I hope no coach ever thinks 'oh I'm doing poorly because I keep bringing people of color into the lives and I know the audience doesn't crown winners those type of artists, I'm just going to be strategic and eliminate them as soon as KOs end'. Yes I know Blake just won with Cam and finished 2nd with Wendy, but we all know his power. Secondly these artists for sure need some help of TPTB kind of like Chris Blue to maybe finish ahead and we know how close that season was between him and Lauren. With this said, I lost hope a couple of seasons ago so I honestly don't mind if they don't win, but I for sure hope for example John never thinks about that too much. He's been doing great

Edited by fredcr123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Also…the Sr. VP of A&R at Atlantic Records and Hailey followed each other last night. So, that’s something to keep an eye on. 

https://instagram.com/whartonberg?utm_medium=copy_link

That would be promising. Atlantic and Interscope (Billie, Olivia) have the best marketing teams of all the labels. The current no 1 song on Spotify (the abcdefu one) went viral on tik tok - the artist, Gayle, made a vid saying  "I can make a song out of anything" and *someone* told her to make a song from the alphabet, she released a verse, and then *someone* in the comments hyped it up and asked for the full version. 

Turns out that *someone* was an Atlantic Records marketing rep lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

The Facebook hate for GNT appears to be coming largely from Team Blake loyalists, and it is A LOT. This is a problem I’ve mentioned with a team format. The audience is small enough as it is, and a lot of viewers won’t support a winner if they are on the wrong team. 

They don't even support Blake's artists post show anyways so GNT doesn't need them. 

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

He will be fine, it's mostly not his fault, it's just that he is clearly not liked by Minivan, and in a show that focuses more on the coaches than in the actual contestants, this is expected to happen. Plus, his teams, despite being always strong in terms of talent, are never "Minivan bait". That's it.

At least he made the finale. Many of us were counting him out even with the 5 finalists format. Like I said, I now feel better about his artists´chances to go far than at the end of S20.