Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

40 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Based on history, if anyone has post-show success, it will be someone none of us would mention in a discussion like this. Start with the montaged battle elims and go from there. :P

Foushee says hi!

• Like 3

Seems like for IDF, utempo song on the playoffs = death. This is definitely not always the case. Some ballads have gone AWFULLY wrong over the years, and I've seen Minivan complaining a lot about the "slow, dreary songs" over the seasons.

One particular contestant from this season comes to mind whose biggest strength is charisma, and is more likely to thrive on an uptempo, fun tune.

Random thought, but how come Kelly pronounced Xavier's name as Javier in the battle preview for Week 1? Also I heard someone say he doesn't speak Spanish? Is he even Latino or did Kelly just manifest him a new identify so she could have a Latin battle?😭

• Haha 13

13 minutes ago, professorX said:

Explain like I'm five: why are the ratings this season lower compared to previous seasons like season 15 and 16? 

from ratings of 2.0 it went to 1.0 🤔

various reasons but the main one is people just dont watch live tv like they did years ago with the rise of streaming and cable dying, thats why we see a steady decline each season. also people just lose interest overtime, and and since all performances on yt, no need to watch it live.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, professorX said:

Explain like I'm five: why are the ratings this season lower compared to previous seasons like season 15 and 16? 

there has been a MAJOR decline in ratings not just for nbc and the voice but for literally every single prime time network. This is a issue straight across the board tbh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, professorX said:

Okay I have another question lol, why are the Season 17 videos still up? I thought it would be deleted at exactly 2 years?

Beats the hell out of me.  But it's quite welcome to still see them there.

On 10/14/2021 at 11:06 PM, professorX said:

Because network TV is dying. The audiences have become smaller and older.

I wonder if the one cycle is nbc telling us the show is on its way out

i believe there is a new singing show that nbc is producing to fill the voices spring time. I wonder if it does successful it could take over. 

Edited by thevoicefan12