Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

4 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Here’s another list to argue about.

”Best of the Voice” YT channel includes the US coach performance and GNT among their worldwide best of this week.

I can’t really argue with this one. GNT gave one of the best auditions (but I’m guessing people wanted Wendy). Honestly, those two were very close for me. One was the best vocal of the week while the other was the most captivating.

1 hour ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

It was a terrible list overall. But at least they put Jordan at the top(though I think Alisan deserved the top spot, but since I love Jordan as well so I'm really happy about it).

In case if someone's wondering here's the full list.

20. Maelyn

19. Bryan Keith

18. Anthony Riley

17. Tamara Jade

16. Judith Hill

15. Sarah Simmons

14. Billy Gilman

13. Sisaundra Lewis

12. Thunderstorm Artis

11. We McDonald

10. Javier Colon

09. Sawyer Fredericks

08. Brooke Simpson

07. Cassadee Pope

06. Tessanne Chin

05. Mathew Shuler

04. Sandy Redd

03. Alisan Porter

02. Christina Grimmie

01. Jordan Smith

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

20. Maelyn

19. Bryan Keith

18. Anthony Riley

17. Tamara Jade

16. Judith Hill

15. Sarah Simmons

14. Billy Gilman

13. Sisaundra Lewis

12. Thunderstorm Artis

11. We McDonald

10. Javier Colon

09. Sawyer Fredericks

08. Brooke Simpson

07. Cassadee Pope

06. Tessanne Chin

05. Mathew Shuler

04. Sandy Redd

03. Alisan Porter

02. Christina Grimmie

01. Jordan Smith

Some thoughts:

-Maelyn at 20? Way too low. That's top 5.

-The top 10 isn't particularly my exact top 10 but I can see some justification for each of them. Except Cassadee's blind was pretty much her worst performance so idk... anyone else would've been better there lol.

-Bryan Keith was such an odd pick. Like I forgot he was a contestant at all. Didn't need to be on this list.

-Billy has no place here, Tamara was great but nowhere near top 20

-Sarah is easy top 5. Placed way too low :haha:

Any combo of Maelyn, Alisan, SandyRedd, and Sarah near the top would've been perfect.

11 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Some thoughts:

-Maelyn at 20? Way too low. That's top 5.

-The top 10 isn't particularly my exact top 10 but I can see some justification for each of them. Except Cassadee's blind was pretty much her worst performance so idk... anyone else would've been better there lol.

-Bryan Keith was such an odd pick. Like I forgot he was a contestant at all. Didn't need to be on this list.

-Billy has no place here, Tamara was great but nowhere near top 20

-Sarah is easy top 5. Placed way too low :haha:

Any combo of Maelyn, Alisan, SandyRedd, and Sarah near the top would've been perfect.

Maelyn would be no 2 for me(#1 being Alisan). Alisan, Maelyn, Jordan, Wendy, T-storm, Christina, Tess, Sisaundra, Sandy, and Cam/Sarah would be my top 10.

And yeah, no way Tamara, Billy, Bryan, Cassadee have a place in top 20.

Edited by Jordan Smith Fan

3 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

20. Maelyn

19. Bryan Keith

18. Anthony Riley

17. Tamara Jade

16. Judith Hill

15. Sarah Simmons

14. Billy Gilman

13. Sisaundra Lewis

12. Thunderstorm Artis

11. We McDonald

10. Javier Colon

09. Sawyer Fredericks

08. Brooke Simpson

07. Cassadee Pope

06. Tessanne Chin

05. Mathew Shuler

04. Sandy Redd

03. Alisan Porter

02. Christina Grimmie

01. Jordan Smith

Tamara Jade? lmao

• Like 1

Tamara should not have been on the list. It’s not in my Top 3 of that season.

I’d probably agree with Cassadee and Bryan not deserving to be here. I like Bryan’s audition but I wouldn’t put it in my Top 20 of all time.

I mean, Alisan, Christina and Jordan is a T3 that I can’t really argue with, as well as Tessanne and Matthew earning high positions.

Maelyn at 20 is an odd placement though. Especially when Tamara is above her. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

20. Maelyn

19. Bryan Keith

18. Anthony Riley

17. Tamara Jade

16. Judith Hill

15. Sarah Simmons

14. Billy Gilman

13. Sisaundra Lewis

12. Thunderstorm Artis

11. We McDonald

10. Javier Colon

09. Sawyer Fredericks

08. Brooke Simpson

07. Cassadee Pope

06. Tessanne Chin

05. Mathew Shuler

04. Sandy Redd

03. Alisan Porter

02. Christina Grimmie

01. Jordan Smith

Ok, if you guys notice, the person that compiled this clearly doesn't follow the show, they just picked random auditions that they found on YouTube and put them on the vídeo. Basically, WatchMojo being WatchMojo, doing random compilations just for viems 🤮

Even with that, picking Bryan Keith is so random, like...WHAT??!! I thought everyone already forgot about him and they just picked his audition and put it above Maelyn's:dead:

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

Does anyone here know the App Turn Percentages for Marco Salvador (back in Episode 1) and Keilah Grace? I've been keeping track of the percentages I see on the forums, but I can't seem to find these two, and I can't find 'The Voice' app on the app store because I live in Canada.

On 9/26/2021 at 3:17 AM, Jordan Smith Fan said:

20. Maelyn

19. Bryan Keith

18. Anthony Riley

17. Tamara Jade

16. Judith Hill

15. Sarah Simmons

14. Billy Gilman

13. Sisaundra Lewis

12. Thunderstorm Artis

11. We McDonald

10. Javier Colon

09. Sawyer Fredericks

08. Brooke Simpson

07. Cassadee Pope

06. Tessanne Chin

05. Mathew Shuler

04. Sandy Redd

03. Alisan Porter

02. Christina Grimmie

01. Jordan Smith

I thought the list was random and bad enough, then I realized Taylor Phelan is not even there and it somehow got worse 😵. This would be *my* list based on preference, technicality and wow factor/magic:

10. Andi & Alex

9. Ryan Quinn

8. Matthew Schuler

7. Wé McDonald

6. Sawyer Fredericks

5. Ellie Lawrence

4. Judith Hill
3. Taylor Phelan
2. Alisan Porter

1. Sarah Simmons

I love a bunch of the people mentioned on that top 20, but that person clearly just picked viral auditions when they were not even the best performance of most of them.

Edited by Weirdoo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Weirdoo said:

I thought the list was random and bad enough, then I realized Taylor Phelan is not even there and it somehow got worse 😵. This would be *my* list based on preference, technicality and wow factor/magic:

10. Andi & Alex

9. Ryan Quinn

8. Matthew Schuler

7. Wé McDonald

6. Sawyer Fredericks

5. Ellie Lawrence

4. Judith Hill
3. Taylor Phelan
2. Alisan Porter

1. Sarah Simmons

I love a bunch of the people mentioned on that top 20, but that person clearly just picked viral auditions when they were not even the best performance of most of them.

You have an incredible taste. I have a different top 10 but I love all these auditions that you've mentioned.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Weirdoo said:

10. Andi & Alex

9. Ryan Quinn

8. Matthew Schuler

7. Wé McDonald

6. Sawyer Fredericks

5. Ellie Lawrence

4. Judith Hill
3. Taylor Phelan
2. Alisan Porter

1. Sarah Simmons

I loved Taylor’s audition. He really put a creative spin on that song and made it his own, not to mention it was one of the most fun auditions during that time period. It’s a bummer he chose to go to the most stacked team in playoffs

Also great to see Ryan Quinn on the list, another contestant eliminated too early. 

16 hours ago, Weirdoo said:

10. Andi & Alex

9. Ryan Quinn

8. Matthew Schuler

7. Wé McDonald

6. Sawyer Fredericks

5. Ellie Lawrence

4. Judith Hill
3. Taylor Phelan
2. Alisan Porter

1. Sarah Simmons

Whoa!  Jordan is not even in your top ten?!  You are the first I've seen with that sentiment!

57 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Whoa!  Jordan is not even in your top ten?!  You are the first I've seen with that sentiment!

I personally don't think Jordan's performance of Chandelier is the best of that song (Jean Kelley nailed that way more IMO), even if I can acknowledge it's almost, if not flawless technically. I might also just be unimpressed after how much they shoved him down our throats throughout S9, he's a great singer but I've always thought he was bland.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Artist 2 Artist with Pete Mroz will have Girl Named Tom as their first featured S21 artist.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUYy66NF40H/?utm_medium=copy_link

The king of interviewing contestants with the most popular group of the season - that’ll be a good one (and thank God Pete is good at saving interviews/lives).