Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

I'm interested if anyone enjoys the Kelly and Blake banter. I like a snarky comment here and there but not their back and forth bickering that doesn't stop like Lana's audition. What's even worse is that they always use the same jokes, punchlines and comebacks. It was sorta entertaining the first few seasons. Anyway, I see a lot of people complaining and none really stating they enjoy it, find it funny etc. There were always positive comments when Adam and Blake went at it, for comparison.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

I'm interested if anyone enjoys the Kelly and Blake banter. I like a snarky comment here and there but not their back and forth bickering that doesn't stop like Lana's audition. What's even worse is that they always use the same jokes, punchlines and comebacks. It was sorta entertaining the first few seasons. Anyway, I see a lot of people complaining and none really stating they enjoy it, find it funny etc. There were always positive comments when Adam and Blake went at it, for comparison.

The bantering after Lana's audition was pretty grating. Yeah, it's getting kinda old. I honestly feel like Ariana's presence isn't felt too much this season just because of how much Kelly and Blake talk over each other.

he's kind of bland, but times like these are when I appreciate the chill-ness John brings to the panel.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

The bantering after Lana's audition was pretty grating. Yeah, it's getting kinda old. I honestly feel like Ariana's presence isn't felt too much this season just because of how much Kelly and Blake talk over each other.

he's kind of bland, but times like these are when I appreciate the chill-ness John brings to the panel.

It’s very much Alicia S14 vibes for me: Kelly was the new girl and bantered with Adam and Blake equally (sort of like Ari does now with Kelly and Blake), Blake and Adam had their frenemy situation (like Kelly and Blake do now), and Alicia could keep up with all on the wittiness front but was also there to bring the zen amidst the chaos of the other three (which John does now).

the banter between Blake and Kelly is a bit predictable. I found John and Ariana hilarious when they let them fight but coming back to watch John and Ariana couldn't even say hi to her and it's kind of rude.

and yes, Ariana looks "dull" but I think it's because of all circus between Kelly and Blake

• Like 3

Also, I'd like to note, it was much easier for Blake and Adam, though I personally don't make a difference, a lot of the audience wouldn't appreciate Blake calling Kelly a jackass or making fun of her outfit. That was most of the 'Shevine' banter. Looking back, it was also very repetitive but it worked.

8 hours ago, colemanftw said:

I agree, it was funny at first but now it’s just annoying

• Like 5

It sometimes seems as if the the Idol winners (and those who go far) push a lot harder for careers post show then Voice contestants. I'm thinking of people like Scotty Mcreery, Lauren Alaina more recnetly Gabby Barret..who seem to come off the show and go to work. Meanwhile Kenzie is still living in Florida, Luaren Duskie never plays shows, Cam doesn't seem to be in a studio. This might be a my perception issue though, and not actually valid 

(it's also not universally true, several voice folk who didn't go as far have definitely put in work, Ashland Craft, Kameron Marlow, Andrew Jannarkos, Morgan etc)

12 minutes ago, seak05 said:

It sometimes seems as if the the Idol winners (and those who go far) push a lot harder for careers post show then Voice contestants. I'm thinking of people like Scotty Mcreery, Lauren Alaina more recnetly Gabby Barret..who seem to come off the show and go to work. Meanwhile Kenzie is still living in Florida, Luaren Duskie never plays shows, Cam doesn't seem to be in a studio. This might be a my perception issue though, and not actually valid 

(it's also not universally true, several voice folk who didn't go as far have definitely put in work, Ashland Craft, Kameron Marlow, Andrew Jannarkos, Morgan etc)

i don’t disagree with your overall perception that Idol contestants seem hungrier for success post-show.

However 2/3 of the Idol examples didn’t have much choice. Scotty and Lauren A were signed to labels that put them to work. Gabby, OTOH, is definitely a go-getter and was out there striving. 

Conversely, the Voice winners who sign a label deal are constrained by that. Cam can’t record if Republic doesn’t let him. It’s the non-winners that you have to watch for progress. 

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

WatchMojo (specifically the MsMojo channel) put out their "Top 20 4-chair turns" video

I haven't watched it all the way through yet, I'm only 3 people in. But I can tell that y'all are already gonna disagree :haha:

Wendy :wub:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

WatchMojo (specifically the MsMojo channel) put out their "Top 20 4-chair turns" video

I haven't watched it all the way through yet, I'm only 3 people in. But I can tell that y'all are already gonna disagree :haha:

I expected way worse, considering it’s a WatchMojo list.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

the NERVE of them to have Wendy in the thumbnail but not actually put her in the top 20… they’re using Queen Wendy for clickbait i see!

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

Here’s another list to argue about.

”Best of the Voice” YT channel includes the US coach performance and GNT among their worldwide best of this week.

I'm satisfied with them putting GNT's performance on the vídeo. Their audition was excellent, so they deserve it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Whether GNT had the best audition of the US show, since they’re the only act included 

They generally pick based on YouTube viems, but in this case Gymani is dominating on that and they preferred to put GNT. I guess they really liked their audition so they decided to put them instead. (Obviously i'm not complaining, since, as i said before, i completely agree with them, but i just wanted to point it out)

11 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Whether GNT had the best audition of the US show, since they’re the only act included 

I mean... as long as GNT is one OF the best (which they are), I don't see people getting too mad. If it was Chavon though...

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

I'm satisfied with them putting GNT's performance on the vídeo. Their audition was excellent, so they deserve it.

Still, I would have thought that they would've waited for this season's Blinds to be over before they started including auditions from it.

7 hours ago, Someone648 said:

It was a terrible list overall. But at least they put Jordan at the top(though I think Alisan deserved the top spot, but since I love Jordan as well so I'm really happy about it).