Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

2 hours ago, pauwis said:

The Story, Feeling Good, When a Man Loves a Woman

There was maybe one not so good rendition of some of these songs but they’re usually done well

Cam Anthony and Wé nailed Feeling Good, with it being one of their best, and it was also Braiden’s only good performance on the show.

I know Chris Blue and Rod have done WAMLAW and I have seen a bunch of other great renditions. I know it was one of Rod’s was one of the best performances

My favorite The Story rendition was Janice Freeman (one of my Top 3 performances of S13 Live Shows) but I can’t think of any bad renditions of it

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cookie73 said:

There was maybe one not so good rendition of some of these songs but they’re usually done well

Cam Anthony and Wé nailed Feeling Good, with it being one of their best, and it was also Braiden’s only good performance on the show.

I know Chris Blue and Rod have done WAMLAW and I have seen a bunch of other great renditions. I know it was one of Rod’s was one of the best performances

My favorite The Story rendition was Janice Freeman (one of my Top 3 performances of S13 Live Shows) but I can’t think of any bad renditions of it

Feeling Good: the only exception is Tamara

WAMLAW: i like version of Hannah Huston

taste, totally agree (Zan and Ricky Braddy have beautiful performances too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pauwis said:

Feeling Good: the only exception is Tamara

WAMLAW: i like version of Hannah Huston

taste, totally agree (Zan and Ricky Braddy have beautiful performances too

to answer these three

Feeling Good: Ben Taub,Dez Duron,Sam Alves,Judith Hill,Braiden Sunshine,We McDonald,Tamara Jade,Cam Anthony,

WAMLAW: Trevin Hunte,Matthew Schuler,Meghan Linsey,Hannah Huston,Chris Blue,Rod Stokes,

The Story: Sarah Simmons,Jessie Pitts,Janice Freeman,Ricky Braddy,Zan Fiskum,

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Just realized all closers of each respective team in the POs last season (Kenzie, Victor, Rachel and Cam) got the PV. Don´t know if it´s a first, but it happened.

Since the teams started performing together in S11, that was the first time it happened. 

On 9/9/2021 at 12:11 PM, Cookie73 said:

It’s one of those songs that is always done well on this show

House Of The Rising Sun too.

Hannah Huston, Kimberly Nichole, Amy Whitcomb (robbed), Jacquie vs Briana, Pip, all amazing!!

9 minutes ago, Mistake006 said:

House Of The Rising Sun too.

Hannah Huston, Kimberly Nichole, Amy Whitcomb (robbed), Jacquie vs Briana, Pip, all amazing!!

Yes, I agree with all of this. I mentioned an international winner in another thread that also did a great rendition in his Blind Audition

Brooke KILLED it. I think she did run out of air at the very end but luckily the band was so loud, I don't think it was very noticeable and none of the judges mentioned it. The arrangement was CRAZY, she was either belting, running or singing very fast the entire time, I'm very impressed. Perhaps, I wouldn't listen to it on repeat but she did what she needed for the setting. I hope she wins it all.

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Where do y'all geniuenly think she will place tonight?

I do think top 5 is likely, but I don’t think she’ll win. I’d like to see her prove me wrong, but there’s too many other variables in the finale this season to say she’s the clear winner. 

Frankly (and I hate to say this), Brooke should be glad Nightbirde dropped out - there’s zero chance that both would’ve made the finale had they both made the semifinals.

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

At the very least, top 5. She's SO high on the google trends last night (deserved :wub:), which had been a good indication of the votes the past few rounds

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I think 3rd tbh. Given the stats I received last night plus the audience likely to give variety acts more votes, I think its a good estimate for Brooke. Hoping she wins or even gets 2nd though(I think its possible for a Top 2 finish, but I'm remaining wary until I see it.