Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

3 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

She's able to work through the songs, shows what a beast of a vocalist/performer she is. Minivan is making good decisions.

Now if she can win next week then yay, but one more performance, I'm sure she's excited.

I think she can make Top 5 if she got PV with that song (or at least getting PV increased her chances of it)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Top 5? She has a decent shot at winning.

Seems like she might, especially since none of the Golden Buzzers were able to get public votes, and she’s also the only solo singer to get PV.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Seems like she might, especially since none of the Golden Buzzers were able to get public votes, and she’s also the only solo singer to get PV.

Yeah, the singers did not do as well as they usually do on AGT.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Then what was that for?

Because they’ve already done a throwback for her, in addition to all of the other promo they’ve given her, while skipping several other winners. Some of them they pretend don’t exist. That’s it in a nutshell. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Because they’ve already done a throwback for her, in addition to all of the other promo they’ve given her, while skipping several other winners. Some of them they pretend don’t exist. That’s it in a nutshell. 

Jordan and Cassadee also got 2 throwbacks each.

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m guessing Craig, Sundance and Josh K are all included in that group.

Tessanne’s audition could get posted at some point, considering she got pimped in the last 2 weeks

They haven’t posted any contestants after Brynn, probably because they’re recent

If they want to post Chloe, they should post her Knockout or even Total Eclipse of the Heart (because it got her #1 instantly)

Maybe they will post Billy or Wé’s audition for S11, because those would make sense if they wanted to post something for S11

• Like 1

Considering Sundance didnt recieve much help from TPTB on his season (they wanted Billy or Wé to win), and that he has openly criticized the show after, I don't see any performance of his being uploaded any time soon. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Ikr?? Their favoritisms are really disgusting 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I’m guessing Craig, Sundance and Josh K are all included in that group.

Tessanne’s audition could get posted at some point, considering she got pimped in the last 2 weeks

They haven’t posted any contestants after Brynn, probably because they’re recent

If they want to post Chloe, they should post her Knockout or even Total Eclipse of the Heart (because it got her #1 instantly)

Maybe they will post Billy or Wé’s audition for S11, because those would make sense if they wanted to post something for S11

They will be useless if they don’t post Koryn Hawthorne’s “Make It Rain”. I fully anticipate uselessness. However, I was wrong about them posting anything Melanie Martinez related. Maybe I’ll be wrong again.

10 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

They will be useless if they don’t post Koryn Hawthorne’s “Make It Rain”. I fully anticipate uselessness. However, I was wrong about them posting anything Melanie Martinez related. Maybe I’ll be wrong again.

That was her breakout performance from what I remember. That song was a moment for a contestant in 4 consecutive seasons

22 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

For non-winners, it seems to be totally random, and they barely acknowledge her post show success as it is. I think they tweeted about her Grammy nom once, if I’m not mistaken. 

As for the several winners who keep getting passed over, it’s not that it would do anything for their careers to have them featured. It just seems like a slap in the face. I wonder who makes these decisions?

14 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

That was her breakout performance from what I remember. That song was a moment for a contestant in 4 consecutive seasons

S7 - Matt

S8 - Koryn

S9 - Jeffrey

S10 - Laith

Add Sid to that. It may not have done a lot for him in terms of Minivan wanting to vote for him but it got him a double steal.

Such a good song that can give anyone a moment if done right.

24 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

S7 - Matt

S8 - Koryn

S9 - Jeffrey

S10 - Laith

Add Sid to that. It may not have done a lot for him in terms of Minivan wanting to vote for him but it got him a double steal.

Such a good song that can give anyone a moment if done right.

The only other performance was from Sharane and she did well with it too

It’s one of those songs that is always done well on this show

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

The only other performance was from Sharane and she did well with it too

It’s one of those songs that is always done well on this show

Its a Man's Man's Man's World also comes to mind in that regard: Juliet, Biff vs Sissaundra, Bryan vs Malik, Brooke and Mike Jerel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

What's so baffling is that they reposted Jermaine and Cass(I know she's not bad but her audition was definitely not good) but not Chloe, Tess, or Josh, Craig. Like seriously?

Not clear Chloe would agree if they needed to ask her, given her apparent attitude toward TV and the music industry generally.  Though she seldom Tweets, Chloe's Twitter has a few hints about a new single called Slide coming soon and some indication that its listed somewhere on Spotify (which I don't have) and also about a new album this year.  But the info is very thin - she seems almost secretive about it all. No idea what it's all about.