Jump to content

Voice General Discussion 2 🧵


istersay
 Share

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I think someone mentioned that Sawyer is bisexual? I'm not sure, someone can confirm it, please? 👀

 

Yes, he is ;) that was mentioned on the other thread. Now we have 2 of them, yayyy, love the representation ❤️

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, Kelly has done the most as of late. 

Remind me again what Kelly has done for any of her S18-20 (the last 2 years) contestants after the show?
I am not talking about her first 2 years - S14-17 contestants.  Many coaches help initially, but are they still helping new contestants after 4 or 5 years on the show? 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jus.willy said:

John allowed Pia and Cam Wess to go on tour with him to perform !! THIS IS WHAT GOOD COACHES DO JOHN ! so happy for them. 
 

(please correct me if there are more team Legend contestants going on tour with him)

 

where did it say Pia was going to be there? I saw CammWess' post but I didn't see anything for Pia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

off topic: Congrats to Cam Anthony being the first LGBTQ 🏳️‍🌈 Winner on The Voice! Someone can correct me if wrong but yes congrats Cam! 

Wow, I never knew. Congrats to him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

off topic: Congrats to Cam Anthony being the first LGBTQ 🏳️‍🌈 Winner on The Voice! Someone can correct me if wrong but yes congrats Cam! 


He would not have won if he had been out on the show, so IMHO, congratulations seem misplaced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whether or not Cam would’ve won if he’d been out on the show seems like a moot point to me, since that’s not the reality of the situation (I agree with the assessments that it would’ve likely hurt his chances, unfortunately, because even in 2021 being an openly LGBT+ person isn’t always a safe thing to do even in a country like the US, let alone in countries with a lot more restrictions of LGBT+ rights).

 

What matters is that he’s at a place in his life where he’s comfortable being himself while maintains a public platform to some extent. Representation matters - Cam is a bright young man with an excellent singing voice and a decently sized platform (not huge, but 112k+ followers on IG is nothing to sneeze at either). Whatever reasons he had for not being out on the show are his and his alone; for now, I think it’s more than okay to celebrate his happiness and acknowledge that Cam coming out means that there’s one more person someone can find and realize “he looks/sounds/acts like me, and he’s proud of who he is” because any exposure people can get to the diverse real world f***ing matters.

 

As a member of the LGBT+ community myself, it absolutely matters that Cam’s in a place where he feels comfortable being open about his sexuality. Whether or not this changes anything for the show remains to be seen, but acknowledging someone’s coming out after they gained more of a platform from the show (and won it) is absolutely important.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Whether or not Cam would’ve won if he’d been out on the show seems like a moot point to me, since that’s not the reality of the situation (I agree with the assessments that it would’ve likely hurt his chances, unfortunately, because even in 2021 being an openly LGBT+ person isn’t always a safe thing to do even in a country like the US, let alone in countries with a lot more restrictions of LGBT+ rights).

 

What matters is that he’s at a place in his life where he’s comfortable being himself while maintains a public platform to some extent. Representation matters - Cam is a bright young man with an excellent singing voice and a decently sized platform (not huge, but 112k+ followers on IG is nothing to sneeze at either). Whatever reasons he had for not being out on the show are his and his alone; for now, I think it’s more than okay to celebrate his happiness and acknowledge that Cam coming out means that there’s one more person someone can find and realize “he looks/sounds/acts like me, and he’s proud of who he is” because any exposure people can get to the diverse real world f***ing matters.

 

As a member of the LGBT+ community myself, it absolutely matters that Cam’s in a place where he feels comfortable being open about his sexuality. Whether or not this changes anything for the show remains to be seen, but acknowledging someone’s coming out after they gained more of a platform from the show (and won it) is absolutely important.

All of this

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good for Cam, but I actually do feel like he could have still won. Remember that Kenzie was still polarizing, and was on Team Kelly.

 

Blake's advantage would have still put him over the top and the casuals would have helped him enough to win. Maybe call that ignorance, but I don't think Kenzie would have have won. 

 

However yes to all of what @VintageVoice said. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I don´t know about y"all, but I loved the "former winners as mentors for KOs" format they did for S14. It´d be great to see them do it again, but with different winners.

So assuming we keep the Kelly/John/Blake group, here’s who I’d want:

 

John: Maelyn by default (she’s the only winner he has so far, and they tried to give the S14 panel except for Kelly, who was new at the time, people they won with)

Kelly: Weirdly torn between Brynn and Hoot (Brynn would be good for a younger season or a pop-heavy one like S21 + she’s got a lot of poise and a strong sense of musical identity for her age; Hoot and Kelly have collaborated on music together post show, seem to get along really well as friends + he could be helpful for a season where there’s a few more country acts).

Blake: Danielle (the second most commercial country success of the winners after Cassidy) or Cam (the most recent proof that Blake can win with just about anyone and Cam’s got strong stage presence + technical skills to boot).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I don´t know about y"all, but I loved the "former winners as mentors for KOs" format they did for S14. It´d be great to see them do it again, but with different winners.


I would love to see Maelyn and Cam again (mentoring John/Blake). Kelly would possibly pick Brynn or Jake and I’m not sure who Ariana would get

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:


I would love to see Maelyn and Cam again (mentoring John/Blake). Kelly would possibly pick Brynn or Jake and I’m not sure who Ariana would get

If someone from Team Ariana wins this season, then that person. If not, then out of the winners, Alisan is probably the one that is the most similar to her.

 

It´d be:

 

John - Maelyn

Blake - Cam

Kelly - All of her 3 winners have something good to bring to the table. It´s a matter of who Kelly prefers to have and who would be available at the time lol.

Ariana - Alisan (or her S21 winner if it happens)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:


I would love to see Maelyn and Cam again (mentoring John/Blake). Kelly would possibly pick Brynn or Jake and I’m not sure who Ariana would get

Is it bad I’d kind of want to see Ari with Carter (who said she was his celebrity crush) just to see him lose his mind? 🤪

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Is it bad I’d kind of want to see Ari with Carter (who said she was his celebrity crush) just to see him lose his mind? 🤪

I really want him to perform next season for that very reason! :haha:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, VintageVoice said:

Is it bad I’d kind of want to see Ari with Carter (who said she was his celebrity crush) just to see him lose his mind? 🤪


That definitely seems entertaining and Carter seems like a contestant that would have picked Ariana if she was a coach that season. The only problem is that he would only be 15/16 when mentoring, and every other winner has already turned 18

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Is it bad I’d kind of want to see Ari with Carter (who said she was his celebrity crush) just to see him lose his mind? 🤪

Oh yeah, Carter would also make a good mentor for her team. Can teach a lot about handling the pressure to future teen contestants (and some adults, for that matter).

 

Todd would also make sense for Blake, since he´s got a lot going on (New singles, the release of his book). He´s staying active with music even at his age (which is not even old, but to the music industry it is).

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Oh yeah, Carter would also make a good mentor for her team. Can teach a lot about handling the pressure to future teen contestants (and some adults, for that matter).

 

Todd would also make sense for Blake, since he´s got a lot going on (New singles, the release of his book). He´s staying active with music even at his age (which is not even old, but to the music industry it is).

 

19 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:


That definitely seems entertaining and Carter seems like a contestant that would have picked Ariana if she was a coach that season. The only problem is that he would only be 15/16 when mentoring, and every other winner has already turned 18

Age was the one holdup I had on Carter’s end, but he’s not a bad choice just because he’s young (and Minivan liked him, which may balance out the hesitancy around Ariana, which is why I ultimately went with him beyond the potential entertainment value of him meeting Ari for the first time).

 

I almost put Todd instead of Cam as an option for Blake, but he’s so busy I didn’t know if he’d have time for the show again even for a couple episodes/days of filming 😂

Edited by VintageVoice
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...