Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

13 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I know MaKenzie Thomas also spoke out against Robegate on Twitter, and she then got backlash from the Reagan stans. 

It wasn’t noticeable that Chevel had laryngitis during the finale. I’d also like to point out that Ricky Duran was sick during Downtown Train, but that performance was one of the most positively received that night.

Now, I remember Makenzie talking about it. Chevel had never even mentioned being sick until a few recent interviews. I was surprised to hear that too. Apparently, they wouldn’t even let her rehearse much, was prescribed medication , etc. whatever she did, it worked. 

Edited by TeamAudra

24 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I don´t remember if other contestants other than him or Mackenzie said something about it, but it was implied that they also weren´t having it.

Kennedy defended Reagan iirc, but in a very lowkey way. I think she said something in a live at some point. I mean they were friends during the show so

Also don't mean to be that person but the fact that Michael Lee (a fully grown adult) had to share that comment after 2-3 years kind of irks me. It's no longer a thing and he should've kept it to himself imo. Like why add more fuel to the fire after it was nearly out?  (idk if it was answering like a fan question or something but either way, I don't think he gained much from saying that 2-3 years later, especially since he wasn't even in the competition at that point lol)

32 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The situation was terribly handled by producers and Adam just made it worse.

This is my stance as well. There's no evidence on Reagan or her parents having anything to do with it so why point fingers towards them? Either way it's long past and there's no point in speculating since literally we'll never know exactly what went down

Also the fact that one of my fav Chevel performances (Broken Hearts) happened while she had Laryngitis still shocks me to this day. Boss move slaying that hard while sick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t know what Younow is, but I’ll take your word for it. Did he go into any detail, other than what you’ve already said?

That's basically what was said. He feels DeAndre would've won the save had Reagan actually sang

12 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Kennedy defended Reagan iirc, but in a very lowkey way. I think she said something in a live at some point. I mean they were friends during the show so

Also don't mean to be that person but the fact that Michael Lee (a fully grown adult) had to share that comment after 2-3 years kind of irks me. It's no longer a thing and he should've kept it to himself imo. Like why add more fuel to the fire after it was nearly out?  (idk if it was answering like a fan question or something but either way, I don't think he gained much from saying that 2-3 years later, especially since he wasn't even in the competition at that point lol)

This is my stance as well. There's no evidence on Reagan or her parents having anything to do with it so why point fingers towards them? Either way it's long past and there's no point in speculating since literally we'll never know exactly what went down

Also the fact that one of my fav Chevel performances (Broken Hearts) happened while she had Laryngitis still shocks me to this day. Boss move slaying that hard while sick.

Someone mentioned it during his live stream

52 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Now, I remember Makenzie talking about it. Chevel had never even mentioned being sick until a few recent interviews. I was surprised to hear that too. Apparently, they wouldn’t even let her rehearse much, was prescribed medication , etc. whatever she did, it worked. 

another thing i remember is he said the teens that are minors. their parents play a bigger role then we see on the television. Like apparently they do a lot more then just see their son or daughter perform

8 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

another thing i remember is he said the teens that are minors. their parents play a bigger role then we see on the television. Like apparently they do a lot more then just see their son or daughter perform

That’s because a parent or guardian has to be present at all times. I would imagine some parents get more involved and offer more input than others, depending on the personality of the parent, and the level of independence and maturity level of the child. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s because a parent or guardian has to be present at all times. I would imagine some parents get more involved and offer more input than others, depending on the personality of the parent, and the level of independence of the child. 

He also mentioned he was in some controversy that wasn't shown on the show. 

2 hours ago, Voice said:

Off topic of this season but I wonder if Cam has signed with republic records or whatever it is?

I know Kenzie just signed with a studio.

you post has been moved to the voice general discussion thread :peace:

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2021 at 3:03 PM, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Hmmmm? Kelly was sick during the Finale nights as well.

16 hours ago, Voice said:

Off topic of this season but I wonder if Cam has signed with republic records or whatever it is?

Yeah, I just noticed Kenzie indeed signed with a studio. Congrats to him. Lets see what comes out of it.

17 hours ago, Voice said:

What does signing with a “studio” mean? Do you mean a label, a management company, a publishing house or something else?

3 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

What does signing with a “studio” mean? Do you mean a label, a management company, a publishing house or something else?

yeah, it's very weird And add to that the studio is in Florida, when he really needs to be in Nashville (or texas) 

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I believe "signed to five5studios" is the way it was phrased in his IG post.

Based on a Google search, this is a physical location in Tampa where local musicians can pay by the hour to record music at a professional level. There are on-site producers, engineers, mixers, etc. it is also business where one can go to hire musicians/bands from a roster of house artists.

if I had to guess, I’d say that Kenzie has signed as a “house artist”. If a business in the Tampa area needs entertainment for a corporate event, they can pick from a list rather than put in the work to scout potential artists.

7 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Based on a Google search, this is a physical location in Tampa where local musicians can pay by the hour to record music at a professional level. There are on-site producers, engineers, mixers, etc. it is also business where one can go to hire musicians/bands from a roster of house artists.

if I had to guess, I’d say that Kenzie has signed as a “house artist”. If a business in the Tampa area needs entertainment for a corporate event, they can pick from a list rather than put in the work to scout potential artists.

It’s still a good step towards making a more sustainable long-term career as a musician - maybe not Nashville, but it’s a start.

6 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Yet another example of him being relaxed and delivering. Not a huge fan of the song, but his vocals are on point here. The show really wasn´t for him.

I agree. The show would and could have been for him but he would have been judged by his stage performance instead of his voice. Most people deliver more when they do what is best for them. I would have rather watched him sit on a stool the whole time and deliver a breathtaking song than to watch him do something that he clearly is not comfortable with and not deliver as much as he could have. IMO I do not care about stage performance on the voice. I wish the world would see that every artist is not the same when it comes to performance.