Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

40 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Just rewatched Season 17 today and I found Blake's reaction to Hello Sunday's battle win hilarious LMAO

Screenshot-2021-07-19-00-32-50-59.jpg

We got a few of those "what the hell is wrong with you" reactions of coaches that thought the wrong person was picked. Nick´s reaction to Mandi Castillo winning her KO comes to mind. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jolene8583 said:

Hi, by any chance do any of you guys have the shortlists of acts who were invited to LA to audition, but never got the chance? I wanna check them out for something

Check out the last category of names on the S21 spoiler thread.

6 hours ago, sydneysam said:

Just rewatched Season 17 today and I found Blake's reaction to Hello Sunday's battle win hilarious LMAO

Screenshot-2021-07-19-00-32-50-59.jpg

Also, there's this pre-performance package of Rose's God's Country where Blake told Gwen that he fears that Rose will make it look like that his song, God's Country, was sung in the wrong way before- and she did 😂

I will never get tired of listening to that version 😩

The coaches' expressions are always the best. Christina was the icon and trendsetter for iconic expressions but there are some gems from other coaches like this one

• Haha 1

Hello all-

Haven't been on IDF in a while so lots of things to catch up!

Anybody been watching AGT?  I'm starting to see a lot of Voice alumni.

Nolan Neal was on last year; this year I've seen Brooke Simpson and Sara Potenza.

24 minutes ago, Catsy said:

Hello all-

Nolan Neal was on last year; this year I've seen Brooke Simpson and Sara Potenza.

Apparently Chris Weaver from Brooke's season is there too, but his audition hasn't been aired yet.

25 minutes ago, Catsy said:

Hello all-

@FloorWax mentioned Chris Weaver already, and the only other one I can think of is Jej from S16 auditioning as part of a group (don't think he's aired yet).

5 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

@FloorWax mentioned Chris Weaver already, and the only other one I can think of is Jej from S16 auditioning as part of a group (don't think he's aired yet).

Given the lineup for week 8, it doesn't appear that Chris or Jej's acts are going to be aired :(

• Sad 1

On 7/9/2021 at 1:39 PM, Sabina said:

Sarah Potenza  will participate in American Got talent.July 13TH at 8PM

AGT has concluded their audition episodes last night, sadly Jej's group and Chris' auditions weren't aired :( 

they will start their live shows after the olympics. Hopefully Brooke (and Sarah) made it 🤞

Edited by sydneysam
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Mistake006 said:

Man, it strikes me how different this show was back then. It has changed for the best and for the worst in several ways, but I felt like I was watching a different show with this throwback auditions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mistake006 said:

I had completely forgotten how emotional Chris was about getting a chair. He had been through the busted record deal grind and he must have thought this was his last chance.

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

A tad surprised they went with Chris considering his unusual genre on-show, but considering his quarantine parodies have gone viral multiple times I suppose it makes sense.

He was considered a successful alum long before his COVID parody fame. He toured as the Phantom for 2 years.

10 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

He was considered a successful alum long before his COVID parody fame. He toured as the Phantom for 2 years.

I know (big Phantom fan here), but after that he dropped off the map for a bit and the parodies introduced him to a new audience so I had to mention them.

1 hour ago, sydneysam said:

Speaking of Chris Mann, does anyone know what happen to the Neon Dreams? 🤔

It got cancelled iirc, without any show. I think the only thing related to it we got was that performance of It’s Time.

• Thanks 1

Not trying to start anything, but here are some fan threads on IDF ranked by length:

Overall

1. Gihanna Zoë

2. Chevel Shepherd

3. Cami Clune

4. Todd Tilghman

5. Carolina Rial

Season 20

1. Gihanna Zoë

2. Carolina Rial

3. Corey Ward

4. Cam Anthony

5. Rachel Mac

Season 19

1. Cami Clune

2. Taryn Papa

3. Sid Kingsley

4. Carter Rubin

5. Ryan Gallagher (lol)

Season 18

1. Todd Tilghman

2. Joanna Serenko

3. Zan Fiskum

4. Allegra Miles

5. Thunderstorm Artis

Season 17

1. Ricky Duran

2. Kat Hammock

3. Will Breman

4. Rose Short

5. Marybeth Byrd

Pre-Purge Seasons

1. Chevel Shepherd

2. Danielle Bradbery

3. Maelyn Jarmon

4. Brynn Cartelli

5. Addison Agen

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Season 17

1. Ricky Duran

2. Kat Hammock

3. Will Breman

A contestant that was respected, but not overly loved here, and two of the most controversial contestants of the season lead over the loved ones like Katie, Rose, and Kyndal.

Another case of having a small, but dedicated fanbase here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

A contestant that was respected, but not overly loved here, and two of the most controversial contestants of the season lead over the loved ones like Katie, Rose, and Kyndal.

Another case of having a small, but dedicated fanbase here. 

The same thing applies for Todd leading over Thunderstorm on S18. You see the general thread, you´ll find people complaining and groaning that Todd won over him, and then you go to his fan thread and it´s a ghost town. That is not the case for Todd.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Overall

1. Gihanna Zoë

2. Chevel Shepherd

3. Cami Clune

4. Todd Tilghman

5. Carolina Rial

Wow, I never realized how many replies Todd’s had! 😮

Also, Gihanna and Carolina´s fan threads have benefitted from them coming here as users. If any contestant writes something on IDF , you can expect at least 4 or 5 pages to be formed minutes after that.

• Like 1