Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Daillon said:

This is a good one :wub:

Omg what a throwback. I remember downloading the studio version of her BA to listen on repeat on my phone 😍. She was also one of the more vocal ones to disapprove of the block button when it was first introduced. 

Edited by gingerbread
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sabina said:

Sarah Potenza  will participate in American Got talent.July 13TH at 8PM

Finally. It’s weird how there have been 6 episodes and the only Voice Alum shown so far was Brooke

What did IDF think about Brynn's performances through the season? I wasn't on IDF during Season 14, so I'm curious about that. Also, for current IDF members who weren't there back then, what are y'all's thoughts on Up To The Mountain or You and I? I haven't heard them talked about on here at all (so much that I didn't even realize she sang those songs until recently when I was going through the wikipedia).

28 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

what are y'all's thoughts on Up To The Mountain or You and I? I haven't heard them talked about on here at all (so much that I didn't even realize she sang those songs until recently when I was going through the wikipedia)

I was a Brynn fan during her season, and personally I remember thinking those performances were nice (I need a rewatch) but they were forgettable in her run when compared to others. Overall, to be completely honest, I enjoyed Brynn 100000% more in the pre taped rounds than in the lives. Although I do remember enjoying her finale set and "Fix You", but then again, I need a rewatch lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

Also, for current IDF members who weren't there back then, what are y'all's thoughts on Up To The Mountain or You and I? I haven't heard them talked about on here at all (so much that I didn't even realize she sang those songs until recently when I was going through the wikipedia).

I really liked “Up To The Mountain” and I’d say it’s one of her best live performances from the show. “You and I” was pretty good too. I was surprised by how country she made the song sound. Overall, they were both solid performances with amazing studios. :wub:

• Like 2

Oh fun fact since we're discussing this: I really like Brynn's Unstoppable, and I know people say it's pitchy, but I just don't hear it :ph34rwave: so I enjoy it nonetheless; I don't dispute that it is pitchy because I don't have a good ear for pitch, but since I don't hear it, I get to enjoy the performance :haha:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

Oh fun fact since we're discussing this: I really like Brynn's Unstoppable, and I know people say it's pitchy, but I just don't hear it :ph34rwave: so I enjoy it nonetheless; I don't dispute that it is pitchy because I don't have a good ear for pitch, but since I don't hear it, I get to enjoy the performance :haha:

I love that performance too. One of my favorites from her. :wub:

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 11:28 AM, Someone648 said:

In the few seasons after some of us directly spoke with her on Twitter and she made her dislike of Adam Levine pretty well-known/not subtle at all. I barely remember the tweets at all but she was really open about not liking Adam. I think the last time I asked for her input was the DeAndre situation lol

Rodney = Ellie 😮

• Haha 6

On 7/10/2021 at 4:09 AM, QueenCami said:

when the song went high- it went pitchy imo. the start was so gorgeous though

however, I really LOVED the studio version of it- probably even my favorite from her 

On 7/9/2021 at 2:50 PM, QueenCami said:

What did IDF think about Brynn's performances through the season? I wasn't on IDF during Season 14, so I'm curious about that. Also, for current IDF members who weren't there back then, what are y'all's thoughts on Up To The Mountain or You and I? I haven't heard them talked about on here at all (so much that I didn't even realize she sang those songs until recently when I was going through the wikipedia).

I was a fan throughout her entire run but I remember her having some mixed reviews. I don’t remember completely but I don’t think she was IDF’s snowflake and she was critiqued for her first 3 live show performances for being too pitchy.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I was gonna question the fact that Carolina and Rio were here after auditioning with pop, but yeah, both of their BA songs have soul elements into it. Makes more sense that Pete being included in the country performances compilation.

I'm curious to hear y'all's thoughts on this: Say Deion won his battle against Victor. Then, he performed Tennessee Whiskey and knocked out Gean Garcia. Then, he did A Change Is Gonna Come in the POs (he has a cover of this on his YT), or really any other reasonable song. Do y'all think he would get the PV? I think he would, and he'd probably make it all the way to the finale. 

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I'm curious to hear y'all's thoughts on this: Say Deion won his battle against Victor. Then, he performed Tennessee Whiskey and knocked out Gean Garcia. Then, he did A Change Is Gonna Come in the POs (he has a cover of this on his YT), or really any other reasonable song. Do y'all think he would get the PV? I think he would, and he'd probably make it all the way to the finale. 

Yes, definitely. In fact, I’d say he’d have a more consistent run than Victor did. All he would have to do is show up given Team Legend’s abysmal voting power. 

36 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Him and Victor are almost identical artists (in terms of style) and if Vic pulled it, I know he would too

that, and I feel like Pia's style wasn't it for team minivan (#badtaste)

I'm glad though that Vic won because *that* explosive finale ending wouldn't have happened if it weren't for his advancement 🤩 (and I prefer him on that battle too lol)

2 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Him and Victor are almost identical artists (in terms of style) and if Vic pulled it, I know he would too

I disagree on this. Deion focuses way more on runs and I think we would have gotten to see a more country/soul side of him had he advanced. Victor doesn’t excel at runs and focuses on rasp and power. They’re completely different imo. 

Just now, Bk1234 said:

I disagree on this. Deion focuses way more on runs and I think we would have gotten to see a more country/soul side of him had he advanced. Victor doesn’t excel at runs and focuses on rasp and power. They’re completely different imo. 

Oh yeah, genre's the word 

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Agreed. I can't picture Victor on Deion's arrangement of "Shallow" and conversely, I don't think Deion would have been able to pull off "Freedom".

• Like 1