Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

26 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They might bring in some more females for Ariana, but I don’t think minivan will like her any than they liked Miley or Christina. Kelly sort of gets a pass, because she’s basically one of them. Ariana is not “one of them.”

Ariana’s success on the show will not happen thanks to minivan, I’ve actually seen multiple boomers comment on The Voice’s ariana’s posts saying she’s a bad choice and whatever. It’s the fan base she’s about to bring in that might create some competition for minivan. Again, this is assuming that Arianators will make a drastic change, which we have yet to see, but it definitely brings more hope for female representation next season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

They might bring in some more females for Ariana, but I don’t think minivan will like her any than they liked Miley or Christina. Kelly sort of gets a pass, because she’s basically one of them. Ariana is not “one of them.”

Yeah, Minivan isn't going to be happy. I'm expecting Ariana to be basically Miley so Bringing in a significant amount of new viewers is gonna be her only chance, although I doubt that's gonna happen. Who knows though. 

That said, the only type of contestant I see thriving on Team Grande would be some sort of female pop singer (Team Miley 2.0?) and Ariana is definitely getting pimped so there's a fair chance we're gonna have a pimped female (most likely young) on Team Grande next season. This means a Finale spot + potential frontrunner status if this contestant happens to be good enough. That's why I'm feeling a bit optimistic about next season and let's not forget that with 4 male winners in a row now, the odds for a female winner are only getting better for next season :haha:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Hi guys! I took a rest from IDF for a few days, and all i have to say is that, it annoys me how the audience don't even try to hide anymore how mysoginistic they are. The fact that the last three seasons we only had three female finalists (out of 15 finalists in total) it's just dissapointing. And no, you can't come at me and tell me that there were no females talented enough to make it to the finale, there have been plenty of female talent, but the audience will never recognize them because of their gender. 

Out of the three seasons before this one, only one female made it to the Top 2, and that was only because she was Team Blake. 

Literally the only way nowadays that a female contestant can get more votes than a male contestant is if all her male competition does a mediocre job, the perfect example of that is Team Kelly last season (where the only male was Tanner) and Team Nick this season (where all the male contestants underperformed). Believe me, i try so hard to enjoy the show, but this is just way to much. The fact that the main audience can't spend five seconds without criticizing or attacking a female coach is depressing asf, they have reached some levels of toxicity that i can't stand anymore. 

Sorry, i needed to let that out of my system. If someone wants to ignore that there is a problem with sexism with the audience, good for you (i say this mainly for people on other sites, i think most people here acknowledge the problem) . I personally, can't ignore it anymore. 

And the irony is the audience is probably about 85% female...

Ok this is kind of random but this always confuses me when I watch the Rio vs Carolina battle

"I think Rio has a bigger voice and a bigger range" - Blake Shelton

Like, I can understand thinkingRio's voice is bigger, but when it comes to range, didn't he see Carolina's blind? 

I love them both, and mean no disrespect to either, but Carolina has one of the biggest ranges out of all the season 20 contestants.

2 hours ago, British Man said:

Ok this is kind of random but this always confuses me when I watch the Rio vs Carolina battle

"I think Rio has a bigger voice and a bigger range" - Blake Shelton

Like, I can understand thinkingRio's voice is bigger, but when it comes to range, didn't he see Carolina's blind? 

I love them both, and mean no disrespect to either, but Carolina has one of the biggest ranges out of all the season 20 contestants.

I'm a big Carolina fan, but Rio showed more range in that performance. Unfortunately, Carolina was not allowed to show off her huge range in that battle.

3 hours ago, echoap said:

Yeah, Minivan isn't going to be happy.

Maybe they'll be unhappy enough that they won't vote and we can finally get a woman winner :haha:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sneaky said:

And the irony is the audience is probably about 85% female...

14 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

That has a name. It's called "Internalized misogyny"

It could just be that they like rooting for their eye candy men instead of any "internalized misogyny" against other women.

It's the female houseguests on BB and female castaways on Survivor who run headlong to the men and throw the other women under the bus to the men whom I personally believe are way more guilty of illustrating that.

• Like 1

ok so i started watching live full time in s11 but I've seen a lot of performances from before that from youtube repost accounts and stuff but ive never listened to any performances from Jeffery Austin and I know idf thinks he's good so what performance should i listen to from him

57 minutes ago, Rodney said:

It could just be that they like rooting for their eye candy men instead of any "internalized misogyny" against other women.

It's the female houseguests on BB and female castaways on Survivor who run headlong to the men and throw the other women under the bus to the men whom I personally believe are way more guilty of illustrating that.

I think there is a bit of a biological/evolutionary instinct that leads to women forming rivalries with other women.

The other part is that the guys on Team Blake tend voters (mainly boomer aged women) perceive as being more similar to their type of guy and having their values and experiences. Guys like Kenzie and the WGWG on Team Blake are never above average looking but the voters identify with them culturally

12 minutes ago, David68 said:

ok so i started watching live full time in s11 but I've seen a lot of performances from before that from youtube repost accounts and stuff but ive never listened to any performances from Jeffery Austin and I know idf thinks he's good so what performance should i listen to from him

His breakout performances

-Turning Tables

-Say You Love Me (When he became Gwen’s frontrunner)

The three “overdone” songs he pioneered on The Voice

-Let It Go

-Dancing on My Own

-Jealous

His finale isn’t the best received but I like his version of Stay

• Like 1

Actually come to think of it I dont think I've ever seen a really (subjectively) cute or handsome guy win the voice. And on American Idol there's really only been 2 really good looking guys win in 20 seasons

22 minutes ago, David68 said:

Not a fan of him but "Believe" and "Say you love me" were good.

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2021 at 5:03 PM, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Yall so I just realized something lol (if y’all had already realized this go on with your life sksksk)

if y’all are freaks like me and are curious about which stage each person sang in (eg. Ryleigh singing in front of Kelsea and Gean singing in front of Blake), they are assigned alphabetically lmao, with the name earlier in the alphabet singing in front of Blake and the name further down the alphabet singing in front of Kelly (also seen last season in both battles and knockouts)

This means that next week these will be singing in the stage to the left (in front of Blake)_to the right (in front of Kelly)

Deion _ Victor

Carolina _ Rio

Pete _ Savanna

Bradley _ Rachel

Ainae _ Anna Grace

JD _ Kenzie

Andrew _ Raine

I always wondered if their position affected the chances of whether they’d be chosen or not considering that someone like Blake has an artist literally in front of them so in a way it could be an advantage/disadvantage

Anyways this was my dumb way to spend time speculating for the Voice until tomorrow’s episode lmfao if you knew this and it was obvious for you idc🤣😘

This is something I never noticed.

Random but this is how I expected each battle to go when spoilers were first got:

Gean _ Ryleigh

Aaron _ Connor

Devan _ Dana

Pia _ Christine

Jose _ Awari

Ethan _ Avery

Emma _ Cam

Halley _ Gihanna

Zania _ Durell

Jordan _ Keegan

Zae _ Lindsay

Denisha _ Ciana

Corey _ Savanna

Victor _ Deion

Ainae _ Anna

Raine _ Andrew

Pete _ Savanna

JD _ Kenzie

Rachel _ Bradley

Rio _ Carolina

As opposed to how they went:

Gean _ Ryleigh (did i flip them?✘)

Aaron _ Connor (did i flip them?✘)

Dana _ Devan (did i flip them?✔)

Christine _ Pia (did i flip them?✔)

Awari _ Jose (did i flip them?✔)

Avery _ Ethan (did i flip them?✔)

Cam _ Emma (did i flip them?✔)

Gihanna _ Halley (did i flip them?✔)

Durell _ Zania (did i flip them?✔)

Jordan _ Keegan (did i flip them?✘)

Lindsay _ Zae (did i flip them?✔)

Ciana _ Denisha (did i flip them?✔)

Corey _ Savanna (did i flip them?✘)

Deion _ Victor (did i flip them?✔)

Ainae _ Anna (did i flip them?✘)

Andrew _ Raine (did i flip them?✔)

Pete _ Savanna (did i flip them?✘)

JD _ Kenzie (did i flip them?✘)

Bradley _ Rachel (did i flip them?✔)

Carolina _ Rio (did i flip them?✔)

In conclusion, I envisioned 13 out of 20 battles wrongly.

Edited by David68
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

You’re right! No wonder Jim Ranger got runner up last season 😍

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I watched all of S17 on YouTube, not on tv. 
I’ve always wondered why Khalea and Katie wore their blinds outfits during their battles, too. 

18 minutes ago, Harmat said:

I watched all of S17 on YouTube, not on tv. 
I’ve always wondered why Khalea and Katie wore their blinds outfits during their battles, too. 

Do you mean in the battle pairing videos when they have interviews? They use footage of their blind, so it wasn’t the actual outfit they wore during the battle sessions

2 hours ago, David68 said:

I would watch everything except his duet with Gwen and his Xmas performance.

31 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Given everything that's come out (heh) about Ellen, what's to congratulate?

Ellen’s a POS but she still has a major TV network’s best known daytime talk show, so Ryleigh getting on it means more exposure for her as an artist, which I’d say is worth a congrats.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

All this talk about one cast member from Season 12 over the past 24 hours on a couple different threads makes me want to go binge watch all of my other favorites from the season’s performances.

Who????

46 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Given everything that's come out (heh) about Ellen, what's to congratulate?

sidenote...I really don’t like what’s come out about Ellen. 😆I always really liked her. 

• Sad 1

They’re gonna try to use Blake to get people to respond to Ariana positively.

I actually think minivan will like her more than they like most of the women. Ariana has a cute personality that isn’t over bearing. 

but the more interesting thing is if she brings in a lot of fans. We haven’t had a coach like her before. She’s at her peak now and she’s a superstar. If I was a teen girl and my favorite singer was on a show..I’d be watching every week. Wouldn’t shock me if that’s true of Ariana fans.

• Like 1