Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

2 minutes ago, roundtown said:

Kara mentioned on ig that they're doing the studios today and that although she couldn't say how many songs are being recorded, she said she thought they haven't done this many before. I'm assuming that it's 15 songs?

Ballad, uptempo and duet

5 minutes ago, roundtown said:

Kara mentioned on ig that they're doing the studios today and that although she couldn't say how many songs are being recorded, she said she thought they haven't done this many before. I'm assuming that it's 15 songs?

Comeback artists confirmed!!!!!😌😳😳😳

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ammonium said:

Before I found IDF I also thought tapings are airing in order and live performance order is selected by random lottery draw 😁

Same. I joined Idf this season and grasped a lot. I was like why would a contestant choose such a horrible song? 

7 hours ago, Mohammad said:

it would be fun to watch Rachel win because she is considered the underdog/dark horse of the competition and this finale and she is just really good .

some heads would certainly explode.  🤣

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, except he’s been pimped plenty, and been handed the win on a silver platter, but he hasn’t taken advantage of it. He’s even been pimped by Blake numerous times. 

Had only he's been on Team Blake this statement is True but the fact that he's on Team Kelly hurts his chances.

I can't compare him to how can Kelly win with a country artist because it's in the past. Kelly lost 2 seasons in a row on 5th/4th spot. Covid came and we don't know how the majority of voters thinks today but I'm pretty confident that majority of them STILL supports Team Blake given in the past 2 seasons.

Edited by Jyn Mycle
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, roundtown said:

So here`s to hoping any of the 5 takes a picture of their lyric sheet in the studio for us to try to (probably unsuccesfully) dechiper. I am also looking forward to the fake links at Sunday 12 am lol.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Had only he's been on Team Blake this statement is True but the fact that he's on Team Kelly hurts his chances.

I can't compare him to how can Kelly win with a country artist because it's in the past. Kelly lost 2 seasons in a row on 5th/4th spot. Covid came and we don't know how the majority of voters thinks today but I'm pretty confident that majority of them supports Team Blake given in the past 2 seasons.

Just the past two seasons? It’s been like that forever. It’s just that he doesn’t always have the contestant who appeals most to the audience. Even in those seasons, he gets 2-3 into the finale, just based on his appeal to the audience. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Just the past two seasons? It’s been like that forever. It’s just that he doesn’t always have the contestant who appeals most to the audience. Even in those seasons, he gets 2-3 into the finale, just based on his appeal to the audience. 

I know that but What I meant is after Covid hit he got better support and more votes than the other coaches.

Edited by Jyn Mycle
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jyn Mycle said:

What I meant is after Covid hit he got better support and more votes than other coaches.

It was the same before covid. LOL. Did you watch S16? Plus, he just got beat by his girlfriend, because she had a more appealing contestant. I don’t think covid has had an effect on the voting. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

It was the same before covid. LOL. Did you watch S16? Plus, he just got beat by his girlfriend, because she had a more appealing contestant. I don’t think covid has had an effect on the voting. 

I have watched S16 and I know what happened but I'm considering only S18-19 to what might happen this season.

Of course he got beaten by Gwen last season because Carter was loved by Minivan and I think the votes split between his 2 country artist. I think in the Finale you are only allowed to vote 1 right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Gah, and enough with all the "team blake" posts all over FB...

42 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I can't compare him to how can Kelly win with a country artist because it's in the past. Kelly lost 2 seasons in a row on 5th/4th spot. Covid came and we don't know how the majority of voters thinks today but I'm pretty confident that majority of them STILL supports Team Blake given in the past 2 seasons.

The main reason why Team Blake keeps winning Instant Saves right now is because the format only allows one of his artists to get PV, and he has often gotten 2 finalists via PV before the pandemic (S17 is the only season since S11 where he had only 1 finalist)

Kelly has won more times since she joined the show than Blake but she didn’t always have a finalist that appealed to the demo like her winners

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I think the only season he didn't come in at least second was Fifth, right? 

If Blake has a contestant that is competitive with his opponent (in appeal and talent), he'll win. I think the only season that wasn't true was Chris/Lauren, but they pimped Chris, and spent the entire season slowly bussing Lauren, so I don't think that counts. (And it's amazing it works). His base by itself gets a contestant to second, his base and some casual voters gets him the win. 

And this season he's got the best contestant. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If Corey was on Team Blake, he probably would have won the IS. But only him, the other contestants were clearly not appealing enough for Minivan.

If they were on Team Blake, they would have been appealing enough for minivan. 

6 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Funny how Team Blake nowadays seems to win every IS, but from the introduction of the Twitter Save (S5) to S15, Blake only won two instant saves (Paxton and Red)

I think it makes a big difference when there are 5 contestants in the save, compared to 3. His odds go WAY up. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

The main reason why Team Blake keeps winning Instant Saves right now is because the format only allows one of his artists to get PV, and he has often gotten 2 finalists via PV before the pandemic (S17 is the only season since S11 where he had only 1 finalist)

Kelly has won more times since she joined the show than Blake but she didn’t always have a finalist that appealed to the demo like her winners

S18 Toneisha performed better than the rest and her co-competitors are not well received by minivan and she has the pimp spot, of course she will win that.

S19 Ian was loved by minivan, he got the pimp spot, of course they will vote him through.

S20 Jordan performed a more appealing song to minivan that's why he got voted through.

Edited by Jyn Mycle
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, mercfan3 said:

I think the only season he didn't come in at least second was Fifth, right? 

If Blake has a contestant that is competitive with his opponent (in appeal and talent), he'll win. I think the only season that wasn't true was Chris/Lauren, but they pimped Chris, and spent the entire season slowly bussing Lauren, so I don't think that counts. (And it's amazing it works). His base by itself gets a contestant to second, his base and some casual voters gets him the win. 

And this season he's got the best contestant. 

And S14.

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, except he’s been pimped plenty, and been handed the win on a silver platter, but he hasn’t taken advantage of it. He’s even been pimped by Blake numerous times. 

1 hour ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I think the discussion about Kenzie winning strayed too far but I'll leave it to this.

Kenzie has a higher chance winning if he is on Team Blake, who knows how Blake will treat him. Also I don't know if he likes Kelly as a coach or how Kelly coaches him, maybe that's why he can't bring the best of him.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think it makes a big difference when there are 5 contestants in the save, compared to 3. His odds go WAY up. 

True. I also have a theory (it might be completely wrong and there’s no proof of this being a thing): as the show loses viewers, Team Blake becomes stronger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I think the discussion about Kenzie winning strayed too far but I'll leave it to this.

Kenzie has a higher chance winning if he is on Team Blake, who knows how Blake will treat him. Also I don't know if he likes Kelly as a coach or how Kelly coaches him, maybe that's why he can't bring the best of him.

He’s 24 years old. He is who he is at this point (mostly), regardless of coaching, unless either Kelly or Blake can coach confidence on stage. 

Don’t get me wrong. Kenzie is really talented. Was his performance bad? No. Was it nearly as good as he’s capable of? Also, no. That’s the problem. 

11 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

If they were on Team Blake, they would have been appealing enough for minivan. 

I wouldn`t be so sure. There are contestants on Team Blake that Minivan just straight up didn`t like, and they don`t fit the mold for their taste. Maybe Gihanna out of the 3 would have a slightly bigger chance, but I still doubt that she would have won.

• istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay pinned this topic