Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

2 minutes ago, ammonium said:

This really doesn't matter. Millions of viewers don't aware of these things.

Majority still thinks taping are airing in order. They don't know what pimps spots are.

Before I found IDF I also thought tapings are airing in order and live performance order is selected by random lottery draw 😁

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

So this means I'm the only one who really loved Kenzie's SF Performance.

I liked it. But still something was missing in his performance.

Maybe it is because I really like original song and on my mind no one can top it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Not a fan of RaeLynn. The performances I've heard from her on the show sound like banenis avokadis cursive singing but on a country song.

Still she's doing better than most finalists.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For the record,  I didn`t think Kenzie was  bad, he nailed the final chorus and overall was in tune throughout the song (except for the first line). But indeed, I was missing something in his delivery or in his approach to the song.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

For the record,  I didn`t think Kenzie was  bad, he nailed the final chorus and overall was in tune throughout the song (except for the first line). But indeed, I was missing something in his delivery or in his approach to the song.

MTE (the studio is better then the live performance too)

1 hour ago, Mohammad said:

IDC if I am gonna get hate but this has to be said.

If a contestant wins but he/she was favored and pimped and everyone else was somewhat bussed , I won’t count that as a complete win. To even make it clearer , let’s just say my favorite contestant this season (Gihanna) was favored and was pushed to win and got pimped and got basically all the requirements to win and she did win and everyone else was somewhat bussed or got neutral treatment, I won’t count Gihanna’s win a complete one. Would I be happy that she won , yes of course she did great and she was my fave plus a woman of color finally won, but It would still be bittersweet mostly sweet ( not gonna lie) but still  as a viewer I would think that if she Gianna wasn’t pimped or favored and everyone got an equal chance would she have won then. It’s like she won because she was favored by TPTB/producers to do so. Like imagine if you were a contestant and you had a fighting chance but you were bussed or someone was favored to win , how would you feel. This is just an example and Gihanna and Dana were my faves and definitely deserved to be in the finale but oh well they were waaaaay tooooooo good for the show anyways( I’m sidetracking). All I am trying to say is that everyone deserves an equal fighting chance for the trophy.

This is an exact copy + paste of your first post on this site. We heard you the first five times you said this. We know you are talking about Kenzie, even with the replaced names lmao. You already trying to minimize the potential win of Cam, a black contestant part of a group that already has an innate disadvantage on this show, is not a good look. 

The Voice is built on manipulation and pushing certain contestants over others so not sure how you have survived this long. Literally we can point to examples of moments from any season of the show where non-winners were bussed in favor of the winner or other finale contestants. It takes a certain level of exposure, screen time, and pimping to even get to the finale. Every winner was pushed or given some advantage over other contestants at some point in the competition.

Lastly, I'm sure the winners will be just fine without you counting their win as a "complete win," whatever that means 🥴

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

They see the writing on the wall. 

Cam should seal the deal in the finale by singing "Writings On The Wall" by Sam Smith to close the night! It'll be quite fitting :haha:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, joe14 said:

This is an exact copy + paste of your first post on this site. We heard you the first five times you said this. We know you are talking about Kenzie, even with the replaced names lmao. You already trying to minimize the potential win of Cam, a black contestant part of a group that already has an innate disadvantage on this show, is not a good look. 

The Voice is built on manipulation and pushing certain contestants over others so not sure how you have survived this long. Literally we can point to examples of moments from any season of the show where non-winners were bussed in favor of the winner or other finale contestants. It takes a certain level of exposure, screen time, and pimping to even get to the finale. Every winner was pushed or given some advantage over other contestants at some point in the competition.

Lastly, I'm sure the winners will be just fine without you counting their win as a "complete win," whatever that means 🥴

Yup, it's the exact same thing lol

Anyway, I wonder... if you only care about fairness when it comes to winners, I assume you don't think that any country singers deserved their wins because of genre bias? And you don't think that Team Blake contestants deserved their wins because of the Team Blake voting bloc? And if we wanted to go further, you don't think any of the white singers or the male singers deserved their win?

• Like 2

Random question but do we think The Voice waiting a day to post the Instant Save performances was intentional?

Like, did they decide not to post the performances, or did they just forget?

14 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Cam should seal the deal in the finale by singing "Writings On The Wall" by Sam Smith to close the night! It'll be quite fitting :haha:

He'll definitely slay this Bond song. I've been waiting for this to be performed on the show, tbh. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Not a fan of RaeLynn. The performances I've heard from her on the show sound like banenis avokadis cursive singing but on a country song.

I never loved her on the show either. Her performance of Wake Up Call was clowned on massively at the time and labeled as the worst Voice performance besides anything by Erin Martin.

Man, I'm tired of some of y'all bashing Kenzie. I was silent about him the entire season, but I'll be honest. He's not bad at all. I'd say he needs to work a lot on his stage presence and for heavens sake, if I was his hairstylist, I'd be crying to give him another haircut. 

However, I won't be mad if he wins over Cam. Compared to most male country singers on this show AND ON RADIO, he is good and I have a hunch he would put some nice songs out there, when releasing an album. 

Having said that, Kenzie worked hard to be in the top 2, I'll respect that. And after two days, I'm tired of the meltdowns, honestly. Let's move on. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, British Man said:

Random question but do we think The Voice waiting a day to post the Instant Save performances was intentional?

I think they waited so that when Jordan didn’t have the most views, people wouldn’t use it as “proof” that he didn’t win the IS. 

25 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

He'll definitely slay this Bond song. I've been waiting for this to be performed on the show, tbh. 

Yeah, definitely. James Graham did a really good job on The Four, I think Cam could do great with it!

13 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Man, I'm tired of some of y'all bashing Kenzie. I was silent about him the entire season, but I'll be honest. He's not bad at all. I'd say he needs to work a lot on his stage presence and for heavens sake, if I was his hairstylist, I'd be crying to give him another haircut. 

However, I won't be mad if he wins over Cam. Compared to most male country singers on this show AND ON RADIO, he is good and I have a hunch he would put some nice songs out there, when releasing an album. 

Having said that, Kenzie worked hard to be in the top 2, I'll respect that. And after two days, I'm tired of the meltdowns, honestly. Let's move on. 

Kenzie is vocally very impressive. I think his upbeat songs are super good! And it's interesting that you bring up the radio, because long-term if Kenzie records songs and gets onto the radio, no one's going to see his "stage presence" or "haircut."

I think there are probably some other grievances some people have. I'm not a huge country fan, so him not being at his A-game on his Semifinals song didn't bother me, but for people who are into country a lot, I can see why they'd be bothered.

29 minutes ago, British Man said:

Definitely on purpose. I think that they want to minimize complaining in the comments and overall.

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

That would be a great song for him actually, joking aside 👀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, QueenCami said:

WOULD BE AMAZING AND NOBODY HAS COVERED THAT SONG

• Like 1

Kara mentioned on ig that they're doing the studios today and that although she couldn't say how many songs are being recorded, she said she thought they haven't done this many before. I'm assuming that it's 15 songs?

1 minute ago, roundtown said:

Kara mentioned on ig that they're doing the studios today and that although she couldn't say how many songs are being recorded, she said she thought they haven't done this many before. I'm assuming that it's 15 songs?

5 coach duets, 5 upbeats, 5 ballads?

• istersay locked and unlocked this topic