Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

6 minutes ago, British Man said:

Honestly, I do think they were trying to get Gihanna into the Top 5, but they underestimated the country fanbase, just like we did.

Yeah, I think so too. I thought her song was great for an IS, even if I’m sick of it (really popular song with enough moments to shine)

• Like 3

Just now, Daillon said:

Yeah, I think so too. I thought her song was great for an IS, even if I’m sick of it (really popular song with enough moments to shine)

I loved her version (too bad it’s not up on YouTube... :/)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, snoopy2003 said:

When IDF wouldn’t load I thought we’ve been found! I honestly thought I’d never get back in 😂

me too for a while, but Tom reminded me, everything is hosted at Invision now, so nothing is gonna get lost, and they will fix the errors when it happens 🙏

• Thanks 3

Just now, istersay said:

me too for a while, but Tom reminded me, everything is hosted at Invision now, so nothing is gonna get lost, and they will fix the errors when it happens 🙏

Amen to that.

I have a couple of things to say about Gihanna's performances but, as a former enthusiast, I'm just gonna say that while I think she did her best effort, I don't think she gave 100% of her actual potential. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, echoap said:

I have a couple of things to say about Gihanna's performances but, as a former enthusiast, I'm just gonna say that while I think she did her best effort, I don't think she gave 100% of her actual potential. 

Seconding this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angelbright said:

Exactly what Desz was talking about, y’all give these people the sympathy vote. 

I teach APWH, and just for the record I've been voting Dana all season & will be voting Cam in the finale. Maybe take a half second to think about the context in which something is said. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, echoap said:

That’s good, because that means she has a lot of room for growth. She has a little ways to go yet, but that’s expected at her age. The raw ability is there. 

• Like 3

As someone who wasn`t sold on Gihanna`s blind nor battle (and I thought Anna won that KO); I think she stepped it up in the lives, while showing confidence on stage. She`s young and will continue to grow if she keeps doing it. I mean, compare her shaky blind to her T9 performance. It`s like a different person.

• Like 4

Hello guys,

it’s been a little bit weird on IDF since we’ve got the results. So first of all I’d like to apologise to anyone that’ve been hurt if I said something inappropriate. 

That said, I love AA powerhouses and honestly it’s getting hard watching the show. I’ve been watching the show for ten years now and we’ve seen so many incredible artists (whether it’s soul singer or any other genre) and after ten years I’ve came to the realisation that an AA woman will never win The Voice. That’s fine by me because I’ve accepted it but still the treatment they get is hurtful. However, I hope that all of you still enjoy the show and I’ll keep watching and commenting with you guys ❤️

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, mariahmc said:

Hello guys,

it’s been a little bit weird on IDF since we’ve got the results. So first of all I’d like to apologise to anyone that’ve been hurt if I said something inappropriate. 

That said, I love AA powerhouses and honestly it’s getting hard watching the show. I’ve been watching the show for ten years now and we’ve seen so many incredible artists (whether it’s soul singer or any other genre) and after ten years I’ve came to the realisation that an AA woman will never win The Voice. That’s fine by me because I’ve accepted it but still the treatment they get is hurtful. However, I hope that all of you still enjoy the show and I’ll keep watching and commenting with you guys ❤️

amen!!! 

• Like 1

I like how IDF doesn't hold onto the past, like no one believes or says that the older seasons of The Voice were better than the newer ones.

Like how some performances from newer seasons have outclassed previously beloved performances of songs done before.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, seak05 said:

Speaking of Rachel, apparently she's currently taking AP World History (otherwise known as WHAP). One of the exam sittings is Thursday. Her teacher posted to the WHAP facebook group that she doesn't think she'll be taking the exam this week 😛 

I might have to go throw her a few votes now out of respect. APWH is HARD and time consuming, doing it while on a tv show is impressive 

Yeah, I have no idea how she balances school and The Voice - one on its own must already be a ton of work.

4 hours ago, AliXRose said:

I thought you meant "Problems" by Ariana and Iggy Azalea lmao

SAME, I had it stuck in my head for a bit after reading that LOL

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Guys, did you hear about the special 10th anniversary finale comeback? The producers wanted to thank IDF for spoiling all season long, so they’re bringing back IDF’s queens (Gin, Dana, Pia, Anna, Ryleigh, and Lindsay) for a showdown. America will save one and send them to the finale.

Gin is my favorite IDF queen too :wub:

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Oh yeah lol, after the whirlwind of last night I forgot about that. I think their voices would sound good in a duet honestly.

Yeah, their tones/textures would sound so good together.

Edited by QueenCami

2 minutes ago, Grey_Raine said:

I like how IDF doesn't hold onto the past, like no one believes or says that the older seasons of The Voice were better than the newer ones.

Like how some performances from newer seasons have outclassed previously beloved performances of songs done before.

The big thing that was better in previous seasons was the format, but there's been strong contestants every single season and each artist deserves to be celebrated for their hard work.

• Like 1

I didn't watch the performances last night, but they clearly wanted Gihanna and I think she didn't show all talent (it's a shame).

the only thing that I don't understand is why many users divided their votes when literally should to fight against Team Blake.

repeat: I love this top 5 and since the top 2 is SO obvious, let the rest do their thing.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 11:59 AM, Bk1234 said:

Ok, but how iconic is this? :giggle:

C7-EA36-DC-3615-4158-9865-6-C2-A44-B2101

Queen Reagan, we stan!

18 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

Off topic but what was your top #1 favorite performance this season?

Mine was DEFINITELY Corey’s “Already Gone”....

HM: Gihanna’s KO + T9, all of Cam’s performances, Dana’s PO, Rachel’s battle + knockout + PO

Ooh okay. 

- Cam's PO and T9

- Gihanna's PO + T9

- Rachel's PO

- Ryleigh's IS

• Like 1

Team Blake has won the semi-final instant save 4 of the last 5 seasons. 

Over the last 9 seasons, Team Blake has had 2 finalists 7 times, and 3 finalists 1 time. 

It shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone that Jordan won that instant save. Having the vote split 5 ways gave him a huge advantage. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone that Jordan won that instant save. Having the vote split 5 ways gave him a huge advantage

I don’t think people are surprised, just disappointed.

Jordan had his weakest performance yet in the semis, while Gihanna had her strongest one so far. In the IS, I wish I could rewatch to make my updated judgement, but in the moment I thought Gihanna did better (they were the two best top 9 IS performances, that’s for sure). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Team Blake has won the semi-final instant save 4 of the last 5 seasons. 

Over the last 9 seasons, Team Blake has had 2 finalists 7 times, and 3 finalists 1 time. 

It shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone that Jordan won that instant save. Having the vote split 5 ways gave him a huge advantage. 

The only way he wasn`t winning would have been by going horribly off pitch or performing a pop song, which was not case for either last night.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I don’t think people are surprised, just disappointed.

Jordan had his weakest performance yet in the semis, while Gihanna had her strongest one so far. In the IS, I wish I could rewatch to make my updated judgement, but in the moment I thought Gihanna did better (they were the two best top 9 IS performances, that’s for sure). 

Neither of them caught on with minivan during the season, and I don’t think the semi-final performances matter that much in the instant save. It also didn’t help that Kelly had two contestants in the save. People don’t usually vote for more than one contestant in these situations, and my guess is her fanbase favored Corey over Gihanna. 

• Sad 1

• istersay locked and unlocked this topic