Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

On the topic of country guys, I don't know what it is about him but since his battle, I was actually looking forward to a Hoot performance every week. Something I cannot say with Kenzie.

Edit: If I were to choose though, he'd be 3rd/4th in the finale.

After a while I actually gained an appreciate for Hoot, he was probably the first male country artist who I actually began to respect and like. His knockout and semifinals performance remain some of the strongest performances from that season, even though tone and genre-wise I preferred Marybeth/Joana/Myracle/Rose.

Continuing on my trend of hating Nick Hagelin, I always find it odd how his blind never comes up when it comes to bad blind auditions that shouldn't have turned a chair.

Like, Pharrell actually grimaced and looked like he regretted turning when he got to a certain part of it, and I always found the "I thought I saw you out there crying," part to be awful, it's even worse in his blind studio.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Grey_Raine said:

Continuing on my trend of hating Nick Hagelin, I always find it odd how his blind never comes up when it comes to bad blind auditions that shouldn't have turned a chair.

Like, Pharrell actually grimaced and looked like he regretted turning when he got to a certain part of it, and I always found the "I thought I saw you out there crying," part to be awful, it's even worse in his blind studio.

This inspired me to listen to the performance, which is the first of his that I've watched. I'm pretty sure it's going to be the last as well. It sounded like a no-chair to me too.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

This inspired me to listen to the performance, which is the first of his that I've watched. I'm pretty sure it's going to be the last as well. It sounded like a no-chair to me too.

Nick’s audition getting multiple chairs is the reason I side eye calling the auditions “blind” because even though they couldn’t see anything, working ear drums should have prevented Nick from getting a turn, let alone making it as far as he did into the competition.

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

just listened to nick's blind and i didn't hate it :ph34rwave:

in fact i actually thought it was pretty good (i'm prepared to be cancelled by idf lmao)

Nah, there are more controversial opinions. Like saying that Cam Spinks fairly won his battle over Kailey.

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Nah, there are more controversial opinions. Like saying that Cam Spinks fairly won his battle over Kailey.

i don't think that's controversial LOL, im a huge fan of kailey but given the horrendous song choice, cam won.

11 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i don't think that's controversial LOL, im a huge fan of kailey but given the horrendous song choice, cam won.

Look at the discussion thread that night and every time someone references Kailey Abel lol. 

And yeah, I loved Cam`s entrance into the song, the song suited him more even though he disliked it (with good reason). Kailey`s audition was great but she was so out of her element here. 

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

And yeah, I loved Cam`s entrance into the song, the song suited him more even though he disliked it (with good reason). Kailey`s audition was great but she was so out of her element here. 

Yeah, poor song choices and honestly poor pairing. #Kaileydeservedbetter

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Grey_Raine said:

I actually liked Nick's audition a bit :( It was really "unique voice battle fodder" tier, a la someone like Jamal Corrie or Mark Atlas. The fact that he got multiple turns though and made it through multiple rounds of the lives.... :huh: His voice is so strange and awkward that I uh don't think it's meant for music. There's maybe a single song his voice would've sounded not terrible on and it just happened to be Electric Feel, which he got in his battle. His entire run on the show still amazes me.

Anyways, on the topic of people who shouldn't have gotten chair turns, anyone remember Alex Kandel from Season 9, where Gwen and Adam idiotically turned after 0.5 seconds before realizing that she was terrible? I remember Gwen very clearly looking happy after realizing Adam also turned and Adam very clearly breathing a sigh of relief after Alex didn't pick him. They both gave her tons of criticism and Adam didn't even give a single reason for her to pick him, only for her to get montaged and eliminated in the battles.:unsure:

9 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

I actually liked Nick's audition a bit :( It was really "unique voice battle fodder" tier, a la someone like Jamal Corrie or Mark Atlas. The fact that he got multiple turns though and made it through multiple rounds of the lives.... :huh: His voice is so strange and awkward that I uh don't think it's meant for music. There's maybe a single song his voice would've sounded not terrible on and it just happened to be Electric Feel, which he got in his battle. His entire run on the show still amazes me.

Anyways, on the topic of people who shouldn't have gotten chair turns, anyone remember Alex Kandel from Season 9, where Gwen and Adam idiotically turned after 0.5 seconds before realizing that she was terrible? I remember Gwen very clearly looking happy after realizing Adam also turned and Adam very clearly breathing a sigh of relief after Alex didn't pick him. They both gave her tons of criticism and Adam didn't even give a single reason for her to pick him, only for her to get montaged and eliminated in the battles.:unsure:

After relistening to Nick Hagelin's audition for a 10th time, I have officially decided that I actually like it a lot and will not tolerate any slander of that performance in particular (any other performance of his is fair game). 😔🤚 I'm so sorry guys :( 

And here is where I bring some of my own trash taste, I liked Alex Kandel's cover of Bright, although it may only be because I like that song.

Actually, I've only really ever listened to the studio version of it, and I liked that, admittedly, not so much her actual performance of it.

5 minutes ago, Grey_Raine said:

And here is where I bring some of my own trash taste, I liked Alex Kandel's cover of Bright, although it may only be because I like that song.

Actually, I've only really ever listened to the studio version of it, and I liked that, admittedly, not so much her actual performance of it.

Her studio was amazing! It was absolutely the live that was terrible lol.

25 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

I searched that audition because i didn't remember her at all, and for some reason, it remind me of this one. 

At least Sam improved on her battle i guess

• Like 2

Just now, Gustavo527 said:

I searched that audition because i didn't remember her at all, and for some reason, it remind me of this one. 

LMFAO NOT SAM 😂 I think she was the absolute peak of the indie girl cursive "we have bäñânæs and ävåćadöęš" voice trend taken to its max. Her audition has the same energy as Halsey singing in the mall that one time. 

• Haha 2

Sam Behymer, I liked her, but I always thought that she was Irish, because to me she sounded like she had an Irish accent when she sang.

So I looked up an interview and imagine my surprise when she has a very much American speaking voice.

• Haha 1

Just now, ikwonic said:

Apart from Nick Hagelin, Jamal Corrie, Alex Kandel, and Sam Behymer, who else was pretty widely disliked on the Voice?

hello sunday, kat hammock to a lesser extent, SHANE Q, and for some reason myracle was disliked by almost everyone on idf until the night on which she was eliminated cause she "rObBeD" kyndal

if you read the s17 threads from the very beginning of what we have saved on here, you'll see

20 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I love her tone !! but the enunciation.. 

Another tone that I love is Sidney's

• Like 2

Just now, pauwis said:

I love her tone !! but the enunciation.. 

Another tone that I love is Sidney's

Sydney was so robbed. I'm still mad she lost her battle AND got montaged. I didn't hate her and Madi's studio of Riptide, but I think a slower and more emotional song would've fit them so much better. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• istersay locked and unlocked this topic