Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I agree that it is one of the best performances in Voice history, but it just feels excessive to have two Jordan performances when they could have highlighted another Season 9 contestant. I, for one, would have loved to see Amy’s KO or Emily Ann’s “Burning House” recognized, but maybe those will come in the future. 🤷‍♂️ 

Maybe they'll post them in future.

But lol I hope they don't post burning house(Sorry!). They should post Cowboy take me away or She's got you instead.

1 minute ago, Hamza Tufail said:
11 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Maybe they'll post them in future.

But lol I hope they don't post burning house(Sorry!). They should post Cowboy take me away or She's got you instead.

I’d be fine with those as well. 😊

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

THE BEST PERFORMANCE IN THE HISTORY OF THE VOICE. YOU CAN'T CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE.

Agreed. 100%

No wonder why it knocked down Adele's Hello from the top spot on iTunes. And also, no wonder why it's the only performance in the history of this show that received DROP THE MIC MOMENT.

• Like 4

I remember when contestants used to have 2 solo performances in the semifinals from S6  to S8 I think. If you screwed your first song, you could be redeemed by your second. It could also work the other way around though, for certain contestants.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I remember when contestants used to have 2 solo performances in the semifinals from S6  to S8 I think. If you screwed your first song, you could be redeemed by your second. It could also work the other way around though, for certain contestants.

Season 4 also had the 2 solo performances in the semifinals. 1 song was "Chosen by the Artist" while the other was "Chosen by the Coach". During the Season 4 semifinals, Team Blake dominated the iTunes chart especially with Danielle.

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

I agree that it is one of the best performances in Voice history, but it just feels excessive to have two Jordan performances when they could have highlighted another Season 9 contestant. I, for one, would have loved to see Amy’s KO or Emily Ann’s “Burning House” recognized, but maybe those will come in the future. 🤷‍♂️ 

I am a fan of Jordan and this is an excellent performance, but I agree.

Plus, it's so easy to find this performance online lmao, give us something harder to find!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Lol, the favoritism - I can’t... 💀 

I think it's either it's their favorite or they're hyping how they miss Adam on the show. 

6/13 videos are on Adam's Team

Edited by Jyn Mycle
  • Like 1

As much as Jordan's performance still holds up as one of the best live performances years later, I would've preferred to see another contestant highlighted - especially one where their performance isn't easily found on YouTube.

• Like 1

I think the main reason why they post mostly from Team Adam is for views. As we all know after s16 (after Adam left the show) the Youtube views decreased. Iirc the views for S17 are very low compared to S16.

I also want to see some performance that I cannot find but I think it's their strategy to get views and promote more the show as well.

• Like 1

I love that someone named Matt Johnson sang "Never Too Much" by Luther Vandross and somebody the immediate next season named Matthew Johnson sang the same song

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, David68 said:

I love that someone named Matt Johnson sang "Never Too Much" by Luther Vandross and somebody the immediate next season named Matthew Johnson sang the same song

And he closed S15 blinds/the last episode, while the S16 Matthew Johnson closed the premiere episode of blinds. So technically back to back blind episodes ;)

These were also Lisa Ramey's two blind audition episodes :haha:

Edited by Someone648
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, ammonium said:

Who do you think that can win the show other than Kenzie or Cam?

If Pete gets the PV, he’d have to be considered a threat, because he’s Blake’s friend, and checks a lot of boxes. But, he could just as easily get bussed and eliminated next week. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, ammonium said:

Who do you think that can win the show other than Kenzie or Cam?

image.jpeg.093db5e701884e80a5a476b47fe137ce.jpeg

(I don't actually think she can win but it would be nice)

Edited by British Man
  • Like 4

Totally random note but Alena D'amico illegally(?) recording and then publicly posting her battle that ended up getting montaged was such an interesting move. RAHDA also pointlessly recorded her KO, but not her battle. I'm still mad that RADHA and Foushee's battle has never resurfaced, because they're both two of my faves and I bet they killed that song. 😭

25 minutes ago, British Man said:

image.jpeg.093db5e701884e80a5a476b47fe137ce.jpeg

(I don't actually think she can win but it would be nice)

Gihanna's odds of beating Kenzie are about the same as Daniel Passino's were for beating Alisan Porter in the KOs in Season 10. 😰  I'm 100% team Gihanna though.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ikwonic said:

Gihanna's odds of beating Kenzie are about the same as Daniel Passino's were for beating Alisan Porter in the KOs in Season 10. 😰  I'm 100% team Gihanna though.

Yeah...

Someone should probably make up a story about Kenzie leaving the hotel to visit his mother.

Not saying that Ryan's story was made up.

Edited by British Man
  • Haha 2

The reason why most of us want someone like Cam, Corey, Dana, Victor, Zania, Gihanna to win because country males really don’t bring that spark that most other singers bring. Singers like those I mentioned being their heart out and put everything they can while singing and actually have voices that intrigue us while Kenzie really isn’t that interesting he just does country with no emotion his KO was good but I really would like someone else to win who has emotion, has power, has something different that a winner should have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

The reason why most of us want someone like Cam, Corey, Dana, Victor, Zania, Gihanna to win because country males really don’t bring that spark that most other singers bring. Singers like those I mentioned being their heart out and put everything they can while singing and actually have voices that intrigue us while Kenzie really isn’t that interesting he just does country with no emotion his KO was good but I really would like someone else to win who has emotion, has power, has something different that a winner should have.

And the stereotypes continue... :unsure:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

That’s nothing more than genre bias. At least try to hide it better next time. 

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Umm..... you do know you're only speaking for yourself right? I mean country males aren't as popular here but......

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

• istersay locked and unlocked this topic