Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

A crew member (not gonna say who or the department they work because I don’t want them to get in trouble) said that Adam was the worst coach ever.
-He almost hit crew members when he was driving carelessly onto the lot.

-He left the set once without warning just because he got something in his eye, so they couldn’t film anymore. 

-He fell asleep on set a few times. 
They wanted to say more instances but stopped themselves. Apparently he was very disrespectful to the crew members and it sounded like many people hated him. 
I’m sure some of it is biased, but as a fairly new fan of the show, all of this shocked me. I always heard about his bad coaching, but I didn’t know he was disrespectful, too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two years ago yesterday, Janice Freeman passed away😭 Janice is one of my favorite contestants of all time. All of her performances were absolutely incredible, and her battle, KO, playoff, and T12 perf

Voice season 21 virtual casting is open for Dec 10 & 11th, if you've ever wanted to try to get past multiple rounds of producers and evaluators only to be mocked by people in an internet forum 

y’all need to hear this story about our beloved coach Usher. apparently he went to a club recently and paid the dancers in “Usher Bucks” as opposed to actual money... like the bills he gave them were

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Harmat said:

A crew member (not gonna say who or the department they work because I don’t want them to get in trouble) said that Adam was the worst coach ever.
-He almost hit crew members when he was driving carelessly onto the lot.

-He left the set once without warning just because he got something in his eye, so they couldn’t film anymore. 

-He fell asleep on set a few times. 
They wanted to say more instances but stopped themselves. Apparently he was very disrespectful to the crew members and it sounded like many people hated him. 
I’m sure some of it is biased, but as a fairly new fan of the show, all of this shocked me. I always heard about his bad coaching, but I didn’t know he was disrespectful, too. 

- oof yikes. I love his coaching to Addison and Christina, but maybe that's it. Didn't know he was this bad lmao

48 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Friendly reminder that this thread exists: 

Some of the posts here and in the spoilers thread could very well be on this one, just saying 😬

just spent 15-20 minutes binge-reading some of the drama in that thread instead of doing my chem hw for class in 10 minutes and that was worth it! highly recommend 10/10 good use of your time

• Haha 3
44 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

There have been plenty of great battles this season but no AMAZING ones. I doubt that opinion will change with the last week of battles.

Out of curiosity, what's your baseline for amazing (could you give examples)?

I would also agree, but in general, I think most season have no "amazing" battles, when battles are considered relative to solo performances. I am struggling to think of a battle I would even consider amazing off the top of my head.

12 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I would also agree, but in general, I think most season have no "amazing" battles, when battles are considered relative to solo performances. I am struggling to think of a battle I would even consider amazing off the top of my head.

Payge/Lauren and Carter/Larriah last season and Joanna/Roderick and Allegra/Michael in S18 comes to mind for me. 🤔

44 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Out of curiosity, what's your baseline for amazing (could you give examples)?

An amazing battle is one where both acts blow me away. An amazing battle can feel like a duet or a fight to the death.

Looking at Wikipedia for the last couple seasons, here are the "amazing" battles (in my opinion) from the last 7 ones.

S19: N/A

S18: Maybe Allegra vs Michael?

S17: N/A

S16: Jej vs Beth, Maelyn vs Savannah

S15: N/A

S14: D.R. vs Jackie F

S13: Addison vs Karli

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

For S17, an "amazing" battle for me would be the Marybeth/Dane + Stephanie battle. 🤔

well, i asked them for their baseline for what amazing meant, so i assume they put n/a because that didn't meet the mark for them

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

well, i asked them for their baseline for what amazing meant, so i assume they put n/a because that didn't meet the mark for them

The key words are "for me", as in that's my opinion. 😉

27 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

An amazing battle is one where both acts blow me away. An amazing battle can feel like a duet or a fight to the death.

Looking at Wikipedia for the last couple seasons, here are the "amazing" battles (in my opinion) from the last 7 ones.

S19: N/A

S18: Maybe Allegra vs Michael?

S17: N/A

S16: Jej vs Beth, Maelyn vs Savannah

S15: N/A

S14: D.R. vs Jackie F

S13: Addison vs Karli

Adding Maelyn's battle to S16, just rewatched it and wow gorgeous.

There have been like only 5-6 battles I have considered amazing throughout all the seasons I have watched (Troy vs Menlik, Lowell vs Kim...), so as long as we get some great ones even if they aren’t mindblowing (Payge vs Lauren, Corey vs Savanna...) I’ll take it. 

Plus, even if I haven’t enjoyed the recent seasons as much as the old ones, the battle rounds from the last two seasons have been really solid imo.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1