Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two years ago yesterday, Janice Freeman passed away😭 Janice is one of my favorite contestants of all time. All of her performances were absolutely incredible, and her battle, KO, playoff, and T12 perf

Voice season 21 virtual casting is open for Dec 10 & 11th, if you've ever wanted to try to get past multiple rounds of producers and evaluators only to be mocked by people in an internet forum 

y’all need to hear this story about our beloved coach Usher. apparently he went to a club recently and paid the dancers in “Usher Bucks” as opposed to actual money... like the bills he gave them were

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Definitely still one of my all time favorites! Season 13 was a blessing for my playlist and her original stuff is awesome, too! 😅

She was robbed of a steal during the KO's, and again robbed of Miley's save during the PO's. Her performance of "Coat Of Many Colors" was beautiful.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

She was robbed of a steal during the KO's, and again robbed of Miley's save during the PO's. Her performance of "Coat Of Many Colors" was beautiful.

Absolutely. I loved her Blue Bayou and COMC so much! A shame she had to go up against Janice there. They were both so so so good!

• Like 3

Was there a steal available during Janice and Karli's KO? I won't dispute that Janice deserved the win because she killed it, but Karli also gave an extremely solid performance!

5 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Was there a steal available during Janice and Karli's KO? I won't dispute that Janice deserved the win because she killed it, but Karli also gave an extremely solid performance!

Idk why it matters. Karli got the coach comeback and she still advanced to the POs. The only problem was that Miley's team was very stacked that season, which is why Karli went home in the POs. Miley's lives team (Brooke, Janice, and Ashland) turned out well so she clearly didn't screw up too much. 😅

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Idk why it matters. Karli got the coach comeback and she still advanced to the POs. The only problem was that Miley's team was very stacked that season, which is why Karli went home in the POs. Miley's lives team (Brooke, Janice, and Ashland) turned out well so she clearly didn't screw up too much. 😅

a. I know what happened in Season 13, all I asked was whether the coaches had a steal left.

b. I know she moved forward nonetheless, but I'm asking because I'm curious to see if she wasn't stolen because there were no steals left or because the judges just didn't want to steal.

c. I never said she screwed up lmao - I specifically said that I'm not disputing her decision to pick Janice.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

a. I know what happened in Season 13, all I asked was whether the coaches had a steal left.

b. I know she moved forward nonetheless, but I'm asking because I'm curious to see if she wasn't stolen because there were no steals left or because the judges just didn't want to steal.

c. I never said she screwed up lmao - I specifically said that I'm not disputing her decision to pick Janice.

I watched her battle yesterday and I was wondering what would’ve happened if Miley chose Addison and Adam stole Karli. Then Miley would’ve probably dropped Addison in KO considering her "agenda" and maybe Adam would’ve stolen Addison. With no Adam C. in the picture, both of them could’ve been part of his top 3.

Now imagine a scenario where he’s smart and wise and takes Karli, Addison and Emily to the Top 12 ... I love alternate realities 🙃

• Like 4

nypost.com

not sure if this was already posted

‘The Voice’s best singers ever: 5 top contestants from 20 seasons
By Chuck ArnoldApril 1, 2021 | 3:49pm | Updated

Javier Colon, Season 1
The West Hartford, Conn.-based crooner won the very first season of “The Voice” for Team Adam Levine in 2011. Later that year, Colon jammed with his coach on the funk-pop ditty “Stand Up” and even opened for Maroon 5 on tour. But his smooth, soulful vocals really shine on his 2016 ballad “It Don’t Matter to the Sun.”

Cassadee Pope, Season 3
Pope was a member of the rock band Hey Monday before she became the first woman to win “The Voice” in 2012 by going country under the guidance of Blake Shelton. She hit the top of the country charts with her debut solo album, 2013’s “Frame by Frame,” and is arguably the most successful of all 19 “Voice” champions.

Sawyer Fredericks, Season 8
Only 15 when he began his “Voice” journey in 2015, Fredericks was just 16 when he became the youngest champ of the show (until Brynn Cartelli won at 15 in 2018). And the Troy, NY-based singer-songwriter even got his coach Pharrell Williams to remix his 2016 track “4 Pockets.” You can hear more of his bluesy folk — with a voice far beyond his 22 years — on his 2020 album “Flowers for You.”

Jordan Smith, Season 9
The Season 9 winner of “The Voice” — who snatched the third trophy for Team Adam Levine — hit No. 2 on the Billboard 200 albums chart with his 2016 debut, “Something Beautiful,” which includes gorgeous covers of Billy Preston’s “You Are So Beautiful” and Christina Aguilera’s “Beautiful.” With his pure, rangy instrument, he’s also soared on the Hot Christian Songs chart with tunes such as “Stand in the Light,” and he co-wrote 2018’s “Ashes” for Celine Dion.

Jake Hoot, Season 17
After Kelly Clarkson was the only one to turn her chair around for this country singer in the blind auditions for Season 17 in 2019, Hoot went on to win the whole thing. In January, he released his debut EP, “Love out of Time,” which includes a heart-wrenching duet with Coach Clarkson, “I Would’ve Loved You,” that the pair performed on “The Kelly Clarkson Show” just this week.

Just now, istersay said:

nypost.com

Javier Colon, Season 1
The West Hartford, Conn.-based crooner won the very first season of “The Voice” for Team Adam Levine in 2011. Later that year, Colon jammed with his coach on the funk-pop ditty “Stand Up” and even opened for Maroon 5 on tour. But his smooth, soulful vocals really shine on his 2016 ballad “It Don’t Matter to the Sun.”

Cassadee Pope, Season 3
Pope was a member of the rock band Hey Monday before she became the first woman to win “The Voice” in 2012 by going country under the guidance of Blake Shelton. She hit the top of the country charts with her debut solo album, 2013’s “Frame by Frame,” and is arguably the most successful of all 19 “Voice” champions.

Only 15 when he began his “Voice” journey in 2015, Fredericks was just 16 when he became the youngest champ of the show (until Brynn Cartelli won at 15 in 2018). And the Troy, NY-based singer-songwriter even got his coach Pharrell Williams to remix his 2016 track “4 Pockets.” You can hear more of his bluesy folk — with a voice far beyond his 22 years — on his 2020 album “Flowers for You.”

Jordan Smith, Season 9
The Season 9 winner of “The Voice” — who snatched the third trophy for Team Adam Levine — hit No. 2 on the Billboard 200 albums chart with his 2016 debut, “Something Beautiful,” which includes gorgeous covers of Billy Preston’s “You Are So Beautiful” and Christina Aguilera’s “Beautiful.” With his pure, rangy instrument, he’s also soared on the Hot Christian Songs chart with tunes such as “Stand in the Light,” and he co-wrote 2018’s “Ashes” for Celine Dion.

Jake Hoot, Season 17
After Kelly Clarkson was the only one to turn her chair around for this country singer in the blind auditions for Season 17 in 2019, Hoot went on to win the whole thing. In January, he released his debut EP, “Love out of Time,” which includes a heart-wrenching duet with Coach Clarkson, “I Would’ve Loved You,” that the pair performed on “The Kelly Clarkson Show” just this week.

The absence of Maelyn is concerning...

• Like 6
Just now, Bk1234 said:

I'm guessing she doesn't exist on their planet Cheeky-Suspicious.gif

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

The article talks about what they did post-show, so I can see why they didn't include Maelyn.

• Like 1
Just now, QueenCami said:

The article talks about what they did post-show, so I can see why they didn't include Maelyn.

But then why Javier and not Danielle? 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I can think of a potential reason. However, I think more relevant is that this list was probably created by someone who hasn't watched the show for all the seasons and followed the winners, they probably researched a few of them and picked the ones they could write little blurbs on. There's probably no explanation for what they did.

9 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

How about Jake Hoot instead of Danielle? Just because he did a duet with Kelly? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, istersay said:

nypost.com

Javier Colon, Season 1

Cassadee Pope, Season 3

Jordan Smith, Season 9

Jake Hoot, Season 17

the fact that Dana Monique isn’t on this list... i’m DISGUSTED

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Voice’s best singers ever: 5 top contestants from 20 seasons

Something tells me that the person who created the list hasn’t watched the show for more than 5 minutes :giggle:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Something tells me that the person who created the list hasn’t watched the show for more than 5 minutes :giggle:

There have been several of these articles over the past few weeks. Do they understand that most viewers of the show don’t care about the contestants, and probably won’t bother to read it? 

• Haha 2

nypost.com

Javier Colon, Season 1

Cassadee Pope, Season 3

Jordan Smith, Season 9

Jake Hoot, Season 17

Thats a laughably bad list. Is this based on success or singing ability? Either way it makes little sense. :wacko:

• Haha 5
4 hours ago, istersay said:

nypost.com

Javier Colon, Season 1

Cassadee Pope, Season 3

Jordan Smith, Season 9

Jake Hoot, Season 17

No Maelyn...list is trash.  

• Like 1