Jump to content

Voice General Discussion 2 🧵


istersay
 Share

Recommended Posts

A crew member (not gonna say who or the department they work because I don’t want them to get in trouble) said that Adam was the worst coach ever.
-He almost hit crew members when he was driving carelessly onto the lot.

-He left the set once without warning just because he got something in his eye, so they couldn’t film anymore. 

-He fell asleep on set a few times. 
They wanted to say more instances but stopped themselves. Apparently he was very disrespectful to the crew members and it sounded like many people hated him. 
I’m sure some of it is biased, but as a fairly new fan of the show, all of this shocked me. I always heard about his bad coaching, but I didn’t know he was disrespectful, too. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Harmat said:

A crew member (not gonna say who or the department they work because I don’t want them to get in trouble) said that Adam was the worst coach ever.
-He almost hit crew members when he was driving carelessly onto the lot.

-He left the set once without warning just because he got something in his eye, so they couldn’t film anymore. 

-He fell asleep on set a few times. 
They wanted to say more instances but stopped themselves. Apparently he was very disrespectful to the crew members and it sounded like many people hated him. 
I’m sure some of it is biased, but as a fairly new fan of the show, all of this shocked me. I always heard about his bad coaching, but I didn’t know he was disrespectful, too. 

 

- oof yikes. I love his coaching to Addison and Christina, but maybe that's it. Didn't know he was this bad lmao

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Friendly reminder that this thread exists: 

 

 

Some of the posts here and in the spoilers thread could very well be on this one, just saying 😬

 

just spent 15-20 minutes binge-reading some of the drama in that thread instead of doing my chem hw for class in 10 minutes and that was worth it! highly recommend 10/10 good use of your time

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

There have been plenty of great battles this season but no AMAZING ones. I doubt that opinion will change with the last week of battles.

Out of curiosity, what's your baseline for amazing (could you give examples)?

 

I would also agree, but in general, I think most season have no "amazing" battles, when battles are considered relative to solo performances. I am struggling to think of a battle I would even consider amazing off the top of my head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I would also agree, but in general, I think most season have no "amazing" battles, when battles are considered relative to solo performances. I am struggling to think of a battle I would even consider amazing off the top of my head.

Payge/Lauren and Carter/Larriah last season and Joanna/Roderick and Allegra/Michael in S18 comes to mind for me. 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Out of curiosity, what's your baseline for amazing (could you give examples)?

 

I would also agree, but in general, I think most season have no "amazing" battles, when battles are considered relative to solo performances. I am struggling to think of a battle I would even consider amazing off the top of my head.

 

An amazing battle is one where both acts blow me away. An amazing battle can feel like a duet or a fight to the death.

 

Looking at Wikipedia for the last couple seasons, here are the "amazing" battles (in my opinion) from the last 7 ones.

 

S19: N/A

S18: Maybe Allegra vs Michael?

S17: N/A

S16: Jej vs Beth, Maelyn vs Savannah

S15: N/A

S14: D.R. vs Jackie F

S13: Addison vs Karli

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

For S17, an "amazing" battle for me would be the Marybeth/Dane + Stephanie battle. 🤔

well, i asked them for their baseline for what amazing meant, so i assume they put n/a because that didn't meet the mark for them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

well, i asked them for their baseline for what amazing meant, so i assume they put n/a because that didn't meet the mark for them

The key words are "for me", as in that's my opinion. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

 

An amazing battle is one where both acts blow me away. An amazing battle can feel like a duet or a fight to the death.

 

Looking at Wikipedia for the last couple seasons, here are the "amazing" battles (in my opinion) from the last 7 ones.

 

S19: N/A

S18: Maybe Allegra vs Michael?

S17: N/A

S16: Jej vs Beth, Maelyn vs Savannah

S15: N/A

S14: D.R. vs Jackie F

S13: Addison vs Karli

 

Adding Maelyn's battle to S16, just rewatched it and wow gorgeous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There have been like only 5-6 battles I have considered amazing throughout all the seasons I have watched (Troy vs Menlik, Lowell vs Kim...), so as long as we get some great ones even if they aren’t mindblowing (Payge vs Lauren, Corey vs Savanna...) I’ll take it. 
 

Plus, even if I haven’t enjoyed the recent seasons as much as the old ones, the battle rounds from the last two seasons have been really solid imo.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...