Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

37 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

This might belong in the unpopular opinion thread, but I didn´t think JusJon was that bad in his battle. Payton was the real clunker for me there. 

And this definitely goes in the unpopular opinion thread, but apart from the pitchy parts, I liked Payton's singing. I do like her tone and I was rooting for her. JusJon was good too I think.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

This might belong in the unpopular opinion thread, but I didn´t think JusJon was that bad in his battle. Payton was the real clunker for me there. 

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Agreed. He sounded pretty good.

Will Ferrell Agree GIF

49 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I'm a fan of Ryleigh, but did anyone think she sounded somewhat pitchy/off in her BA? 

I noticed that too: Ryleigh sounds a bit off, which is why I only gave her an 8 in the IDF ratings thread. I didn't enjoy her audition as much as I thought I would've, despite the song choice (WTPIO is one of my favourite songs). Her audition was still pretty good imo. 🤔

Edited by disney1024

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

but did anyone think she sounded somewhat pitchy/off in her BA? 

Yes, I think many did, including me.

But that doesn't matter, it looks like she's going in an upward trajectory.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Yes, I think many did, including me.

But that doesn't matter, it looks like she's going in an upward trajectory.

Absolutely, and I'm super happy to see it happening!

Nevertheless, I was more curious because I hadn't heard anyone else say that and I wasn't sure if I was just hearing issues where there were none. I still of course wish her the best for the future rounds and am still a big fan!

Edited by QueenCami

Is there actually going to be a 10th anniversary wildcard? Like losers from battles or knockouts coming back. 'Cause I saw someone mention it in the S20 spoilers thread or was it something else?

5 hours ago, QueenCami said:

I've been thinking about this for a while, but I haven't asked about it till now. I'm a fan of Ryleigh, but did anyone think she sounded somewhat pitchy/off in her BA? 

It wasn't obvious to me but I don't really notice those things unless it's BIG YIKES lmaooo but I agree that it was less technically perfect than let's say Max or Cami

10 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, his battles weren´t that good either last season, with Taryn/WTW being the exception.

It sucks that it was his only good battle, thus the only viable save, cause I though Taryn deserved better than the 4-way, I wish she competed in a regular KO (actually she deserved to win the battle but that's a whole different debate 🙃)

1 hour ago, AliXRose said:

It sucks that it was his only good battle, thus the only viable save, cause I though Taryn deserved better than the 4-way, I wish she competed in a regular KO (actually she deserved to win the battle but that's a whole different debate 🙃)

I wish she won and was in a regular KO too, but keep in mind that Taryn’s voice was exposed to smoke fumes when KOs were being filmed. It’s likely that she could have bombed that regular KO performance and not have been chosen by Blake. :unsure:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tmp 12 said:

Is there actually going to be a 10th anniversary wildcard? Like losers from battles or knockouts coming back. 'Cause I saw someone mention it in the S20 spoilers thread or was it something else?

That was a joke lol 😂

@Bk1234 You need to stop spreading fake rumours about a 10th anniversary wildcard. Not everyone understands the joke lmao 🤣

Edited by disney1024

Yes, there is. 

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

NVM I READ IT WRONG LMAO

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Haha 2

I decided that I've had enough of The Voice. It's just hard to care when the show doesn't care. Blood baths, Twitter saves, blocks, less performances, less studio recordings... I think the three-week lives last season (for the third straight season) was the final straw. 

I had a few incomplete seasons on my DVR and just deleted them. For some reason, my DVR stopped recording this season, and I think it was a sign.

I didn't want to watch the rest of the season where Adam got destroyed (although that would've been really funny) and it made him quit, and Blake took three undeserving country stars to the finale. When I first heard about the cross battles, I knew exactly how it would turn out in regard to Blake and Adam's terms. How did the show runners not know? 

I didn't want to watch Jake Hoot win it all either.

Don't know if I'll have anything more to contribute to IDF if I'm not watching anymore.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

I decided that I've had enough of The Voice. It's just hard to care when the show doesn't care. Blood baths, Twitter saves, blocks, less performances, less studio recordings... I think the three-week lives last season (for the third straight season) was the final straw. 

I had a few incomplete seasons on my DVR and just deleted them. For some reason, my DVR stopped recording this season, and I think it was a sign.

I didn't want to watch the rest of the season where Adam got destroyed (although that would've been really funny) and it made him quit, and Blake took three undeserving country stars to the finale. When I first heard about the cross battles, I knew exactly how it would turn out in regard to Blake and Adam's terms. How did the show runners not know? 

Don't know if I'll have anything more to contribute to IDF if I'm not watching anymore.

I personally think your particular brand of snark about the show is a nice addition to this forum, but I totally understand where you're coming from.

Sad that the OG Voice IDFers are disappearing bit by bit, but the forum is always open for y'all!

56 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

I personally think your particular brand of snark about the show is a nice addition to this forum, but I totally understand where you're coming from.

Sad that the OG Voice IDFers are disappearing bit by bit, but the forum is always open for y'all!

43 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Both are top-tier, but I prefer Victor's audition to Cam's. It was more passionate and emotional.

I didn't like Victor much at the first listen. But after watching it again and again I really started loving it. I'm not sure if I like it more than Cam's but it's extremely close between them for me(Btw I was the one who said Cam's snippet is better than Victor's entire performance but look how my opinion has change 😅).

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Both are top-tier, but I prefer Victor's audition to Cam's. It was more passionate and emotional.

Same, Cam's runs are so good but it made it less emotional. It felt like he sang to impress. Victor on the other hand sang that song many times and he really knows how to connect.

Edited by Jyn Mycle

• istersay locked and unlocked this topic