Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

I just noticed in the Best of Voice Cassadee Pope is the only one who was presented with a non-BA performance. What does they imply with this?

But still I think it was her best performance during her entire run on the show and I'm glad that they picked it as one of Best of Voice

1 hour ago, Jyn Mycle said:

But still I think it was her best performance during her entire run on the show and I'm glad that they picked it as one of Best of Voice

Are you talking about the right one? That one is her finale reprise, and her initial version was regarded as better I think.

1 hour ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I just noticed in the Best of Voice Cassadee Pope is the only one who was presented with a non-BA performance. What does they imply with this?

Honestly, her blind screamed battle or KO fodder to me. I wouldn´t have turned. 

But "Over You" was fantastic, she made a lot of progress during the show, and that performance showcased it.

On 3/19/2021 at 2:38 AM, Bk1234 said:

The Voice doesn’t even seem to care about her new single. Notice how on Instagram they avoid responding to the comments about Brynn’s single. 👀 

Probably they will if she had a duet with Kelly like JHoot. Jmo

On 3/22/2021 at 9:41 AM, David68 said:

They do. If you paste it and it says " Pasted as rich text. Paste as plain text instead", just click the paste as plain text, and it should embed after doing so. I think that is what's wrong.

Why Kelly look different in the BA S20 to her KC show? she look bigger in KC Show. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I was rewatching Alisan's BA (awesome by the way). Do you guys think TPTB told her to chose Xtina ? I mean she gave a great pitch and I would've chosen her too, but still their big plan of giving her a win was magically fulfilled 👀

13 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I was rewatching Alisan's BA (awesome by the way). Do you guys think TPTB told her to chose Xtina ? I mean she gave a great pitch and I would've chosen her too, but still their big plan of giving her a win was magically fulfilled 👀

The whole season was planned for Xtina to win, but it's fine, since Alisan is a really talented vocalist so i can't complain (And we know TPTB's plans don't always work anyways). And i genuinely think that she would have picked Xtina regardless of what TPTB said to her, they were meant for each other.

• Like 3

This seems very unlikely but I'd love if we had an actual metal singer do stuff in that verse on the show. TMH fronts a metal band (Riot V), but he did rock at first and then got stuck with a pop song. I would love for someone to take on Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Opeth, etc.

They wouldnt last a week with Minivan, but imagine at least one live performance with them and the whole Voice band having the time of their lives. That's all I would need.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, AliXRose said:

Maybe a tiny bit of a push, but I think Christina would've been her first choice regardless (with Blake as a likely plan B if she hadn't gotten a Christina turn, given Alisan's since gone more country in her post-show work).

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

schitts creek ok GIF by CBC

Don't mean to sound rude, it's just that I don't understand how can she look different in two shows when she did both at the same day. If I heard her correctly, I remember she was talking about she is always busy..after the voice taping she had to do the KC show later in the next studio. Anyway, forget I ask about it..I'm just curious.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 10:00 PM, snoopy2003 said:

another one said, “Let’s see what he says when Kenzie wins with Kelly while he’s watching from his home.” OMG THESE COMMENTS ARE GREAT!!! 😂😭🥸

I don't know..maybe it's too soon to predict that. Did Jordan get through the knockouts?

1 hour ago, CoolBriz said:

Don't mean to sound rude, it's just that I don't understand how can she look different in two shows when she did both at the same day. If I heard her correctly, I remember she was talking about she is always busy..after the voice taping she had to do the KC show later in the next studio. Anyway, forget I ask about it..I'm just curious.

I know you didn't mean poorly, but in general it's not kind to comment on people's weight. Thanks for understanding 🙂

• Like 3

On 3/26/2021 at 9:02 AM, CoolBriz said:

While I agree it's a bit disrespectful, to answer your questions... the blind auditions were taped back in October. The KC show is filmed within a week in advance, so you're looking at a 4-5 month difference.

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Just realized Kelly´s battles in S18 got no steals.

Just like Blake's battles last season. :P

And also just like John's battles this season. 😉

Edited by disney1024

21 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, his battles weren´t that good either last season, with Taryn/WTW being the exception.

NGL, besides Taryn + WTW and JusJon + Payton, I don't even remember the Team Blake battles from last season lol 😂

Edited by disney1024

50 minutes ago, pauwis said:

Gillian Jacobs What GIF

14 minutes ago, David68 said:

Remembrance of how bad it was.

I didn't say that the JusJon + Payton battle was good. I just said that I remembered it. Especially in this case, memorability ≠ excellence. 😉

JusJon was pretty good imo but Payton oversang the song and her tone was too nasally and piercing for my liking. 😅

Just now, Misirlou said:

This might belong in the unpopular opinion thread, but I didn´t think JusJon was that bad in his battle. Payton was the real clunker for me there. 

Agreed. He sounded pretty good.

• Like 1

• istersay locked and unlocked this topic