Voice General Discussion 2 🧵

istersay

6 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Maybe she's inviting a few past contestants from her team to her talk show. Cami, DeSz, Brynn, Chevel, Kymberli please !!

the taste is overflowing! i'd also add rod stokes, cause i love his tone. perhaps presley, but she also didn't go far and i don't know what terms she's on with kelly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

perhaps presley, but she also didn't go far and i don't know what terms she's on with kelly

I believe she sang with her and Jej at her show in Vegas or something like that

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Listening to Jordan again, I like his tone a lot. He's moving up in my rankings.

Same, but with Kenzie´s audition for me. I was dissappointed at first due to the key change and him not being as connected as in his FB videos, but I´ve come to enjoy the changes he did in the melody in his blind, and his tone is undeniable. I can look past his stage presence (which needs help), because his vocals speak for themselves. 

Edited by Misirlou

5 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

ETA: Didn't tweets used to automatically embed? Went back and added the text.

They do. If you paste it and it says " Pasted as rich text. Paste as plain text instead", just click the paste as plain text, and it should embed after doing so. I think that is what's wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Same, but with Kenzie´s audition for me. I was dissappointed at first due to the key change and him not being as connected as in his FB videos, but I´ve come to enjoy the changes he did in the melody in his blind, and his tone is undeniable. I can look past his stage presence (which needs help), because his vocals speak for themselves. 

Yes. His views are low. Ethan did really well than Jordan.
Actually he did better than most of the people when it comes to views 

I rewatched Sandy vs Cody, and I still don't know why Kelly didn't pick her. Not only did she deliver the better vocals, but her stage presence eclipsed her battle partner's. I mean, don't get me wrong, Cody was great and he would've deserved a steal if he lost, but c'mon, Sandy clearly won that.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 5

Just now, FloorWax said:

I rewatched Sandy vs Cody, and I still don't know why kelly didn't pick her. Not only did she deliver the better vocals, her stage presence eclipsed her battle partner. I mean, don't get me wrong, Cody was great and he would've deserved a steal if he lost, but c'mon, Sandy clearly won that.

Maybe she was tuned? :lmao:

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I rewatched Sandy vs Cody, and I still don't know why Kelly didn't pick her. Not only did she deliver the better vocals, but her stage presence eclipsed her battle partner's. I mean, don't get me wrong, Cody was great and he would've deserved a steal if he lost, but c'mon, Sandy clearly won that.

I think she pulled a Pharrell.

16 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Kelly loves her male contestants. And I think in the earlier seasons she only got a very few males and she didn't want to loose them. P.S. I think she was really obsessed with Cody's Tone.

Btw I also think Sandy should've won. She was miles better than Cosy Ray.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

I think she pulled a Pharrell.

I think this is likely.

Also, a really far-out theory but: I think if someone really great comes along who might be a threat for their favorites to win, then they'll toss them from team to team to reduce their support. That's what happened with Sandy, and it's also what happened with Joanna. Just a theory, though (and one that's likely not true).

• Like 1

It was clearly intentional, she either thought she couldnt coach Sandy, that she wasnt going to get Minivan's support (Her early exit proved this was true), or she geniuenly thought Cody won. That's my take.

She didnt pull a Pharrell, because Adam clearly said he would steal the loser of that battle. And Cody was pure Team Adam material, I'm still surprised why he didnt turn for him in the first place.

Edited by Misirlou

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

I think this is likely.

Also, a really far-out theory but: I think if someone really great comes along who might be a threat for their favorites to win, then they'll toss them from team to team to reduce their support. That's what happened with Sandy, and it's also what happened with Joanna. Just a theory, though (and one that's likely not true).

That's a good theory honestly, let's not pretend like TPTB isn't evil and they let everyone shine 👀 Just curious, who do you think Joanna was a threat to ?

6 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

That's a good theory honestly, let's not pretend like TPTB isn't evil and they let everyone shine 👀 Just curious, who do you think Joanna was a threat to ?

I don't think she was necessarily a threat to someone in particular? I think it's just that she was good based on her BA and had the potential to go far, so TPTB tried to lower the chances of her taking a finale spot? She got pretty bad song choices in the lives and the coach quota format literally ensured she wouldn't make it, b/c Todd was clearly making it and Toneisha was very likely making it too. The whole situation kind of made it tough for her (and I'm not a Joanna stan or anything, though I liked her).

• Like 2

I’m not in the US, so I use freestreams-live1.com to watch the show on my laptop. 
On my phone, it always gives me an error message for the NBC channel. 
Has anyone else had this issue on a phone or know how to solve it? 

I won't say that Livia and Terrence's battle is underrated, because it's probably not, but I do think it's not talked about enough on here. Its understated elegance is so beautiful, in a way that none of the flashy performances can be, imo. Thoughts?

It's linked here in case you want to listen to it: https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/405474/The-Voice-USA-2018-Battle-Livia-Faith-vs-Terrence-Cunningham-Stars/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• istersay locked and unlocked this topic