The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

20 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Do you mean in terms of an actual criminal case? Nothing.

In the immediate aftermath, Melanie put out an incredibly poorly-worded statement. Her label ignored the situation and never said anything publicly, either pro or con, but they did not drop her.  Her sophomore album did OK, it’s hard to say whether she would have done better otherwise.

Her accuser/ex-friend gave up music and is currently a sex worker on OnlyFans.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, disney1024 said:

200.gif

I have been a fan of Mickey for years.....We actually follow each other on twitter.  She is always on the loving side of social issues. 

A little story about her....several years ago she was selected to perform at the CMR (Country Music Radio) convention for Program managers and station owners in Nashville.  After (from all accounts) a crushing performance of "Better Than You Left Me" the audience gave her a never before witnessed standing ovation.  However, weeks later those same program managers and owners declined to add "Better Than You Left Me" to their rotation because it "wasn't right for their market".

Reference:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pljp0RHbKmA

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Drew said:

I don't know Morgan as a person and certainly CMT and other folks are within their rights to take what actions they see fit. That said, I think society has gone off the deep end and I'm not sure I belong in this era. Yes, it was a racial slur and probably not the first time, but that in and of itself is speculation on my part as I don't know him. We've gotten to a place where you're not allowed to make a mistake, otherwise you risk your entire career being ruined and that's pretty alarming. 

This is a culmination of "mistakes" that Morgan has been making this past year+ followed by hollow apologies and pledges to work on himself and multiple second chances. At some point your second chances run out and you have to face the consequences for your stupid actions and words you choose to use. The way I see it, this was the straw that broke the camel's back. There have been several people speaking out that work within the country community that have said there's been other "mistakes" that have been swept under the rug with this dude. This guy isn't some 20 year old fresh faced naive kid, he's 27 with a kid that's only convenient to mention when he needs a fluff piece written about him to offset some other stupid thing he did.

His career isn't canceled, his rising mainstream almost a-list run is though. He'll still have a following, he'll still be able to release music, he'll still be able to play shows (like he has been), etc. I hope he seriously learns from this and grows as a person and gets help with any issues he has. And I really hope he has some good friends around him right now, and not the kind of friends that take pictures of you passed out drunk with vomit all around and post on social media, but real friends because this is something that could go south(er) very fast.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

There were five of them. What I want to know is how he deleted four. I didn’t know we can do that. 

I literally had the same problem in the spoilers thread earlier today. The submit button glitched and it posted my post 5 times. I had to manually edit my posts and talk some random BS about S20 in order to cover my tracks. 😅

A delete button on IDF would be really nice. 🤔

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

I literally had the same problem in the spoilers thread earlier today. The submit button glitched and it posted my post 5 times. I had to manually edit my posts and talk some random BS about S20 in order to cover my tracks. 😅

But you weren’t able to do the magic of deleting four posts, like we just witnessed. 😉 Maybe Istersay did it. 

Edited by TeamAudra

14 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

I have been a fan of Mickey for years.....We actually follow each other on twitter.  She is always on the loving side of social issues. 

A little story about her....several years she was selected to perform at the CMR (Country Music Radio) convention for Program managers and station owners in Nashville.  After (from all accounts) a crushing performance of "Better Than You Left Me" the audience gave her a never before witnessed standing ovation.  However, weeks later those same program managers and owners declined to add "Better Than You Left Me" to their rotation because it "wasn't right for their market".

Reference:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pljp0RHbKmA

In other words, they didn’t have room for another female in their rotation. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Daillon said:

That’s true. But still, I never would have thought the country music scene would act so quickly on this. 

I thought it would hurt him, but the response has been much bigger than I had anticipated. I certainly didn’t predict his label would suspend him indefinitely. The industry apparently doesn’t think it’s worth the risk to associate with him in any way right now. They may revisit it later, depending on how things go over a period of time. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

I thought it would hurt him, but the response has been much bigger than I had anticipated, as well. I certainly didn’t predict his label would suspend him indefinitely. The industry apparently doesn’t think it’s worth the risk to associate with him in any way right now. They may revisit it later, depending on how things go over a period of time. 

It’s as if they were looking for an excuse to get rid of him. :lmao: