idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

I’m glad they sent the contestants lights, looked like a decent amount of gear for the contestants. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, seak05 said:

From tv line article, it sounds like they’re going live with the Tuesday show. Seriously risky move - especially with kelly in the middle of nowhere Montana 

https://t.co/IjNfB6k1fl

That is going to be risky. She did say that they had people come out to help with their internet situation there after she was doing work for her show and it was taking a day+ (not a typo) to get anything uploaded. In recent things she's been doing versus a couple weeks ago, it seems that the internet environment has improved quite a bit so fingers crossed on that part.

14 hours ago, Dany said:

So maybe some found out that their own homes is not the best place to film so they will be in other meaningful locations. Or maybe not

Pastor Todd's got 8 kids (presumably all at home, I know the oldest is ~20 but idk his living situation), considering how disruptive just one or two might be in filming I can't say I'd blame him or anyone else for choosing to film elsewhere. Not to mention pets or other background noise/space limitations/whatever (for example, Zan lives in a tiny home and I'm struggling to picture how all that equipment might fit in her space, but it looks like she's not inside the tiny home in her snippet of the video).

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Pastor Todd's got 8 kids (presumably all at home, I know the oldest is ~20 but idk his living situation), considering how disruptive just one or two might be in filming I can't say I'd blame him or anyone else for choosing to film elsewhere. Not to mention pets or other background noise/space limitations/whatever (for example, Zan lives in a tiny home and I'm struggling to picture how all that equipment might fit in her space, but it looks like she's not inside the tiny home in her snippet of the video).

Blake's not actually "at home" either, he owns several buildings in downtown Tishomingo and seems to be shooting from there. Also looks like Kelly has set up a separate cabin, and not the one she's living in. Makes tons of sense, they both have have a lot of small children running around and not a ton of indoor room in their actual "houses". I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of the contestants didn't end up in an airbnb space, or offsite office. Nick of course has a massive house and no kids, and John a big house with an office.

It looked like a decent amount of equipment, and not something you're going to want to set up and take down multiple times, which means you either a) need to have no youngish kids, and enough room or b) a separate space you can close off to kids

2 hours ago, Dany said:

Video of the coach and contestant setting up their gears. LOL Blake :lmao:throwing thousands of dollars worth of  equipment left and right

it’s all shtick. The theme of the video was that the contestants are perfectly competent techies, but the Coaches are befuddled luddites.

14 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

it’s all shtick. The theme of the video was that the contestants are perfectly competent techies, but the Coaches are befuddled luddites.

To be totally fair, of all the coaches I'd buy Blake being the one who struggled the most with setup, but still - you'd think they'd have a clip or two of some of the contestants being genuinely bewildered by the process.

8 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

To be totally fair, of all the coaches I'd buy Blake being the one who struggled the most with setup, but still - you'd think they'd have a clip or two of some of the contestants being genuinely bewildered by the process.

Well Roderick did say he hoped they edited out all his crying, but he leans to the older end of the contestant age range. 

I read somewhere that Gwen’s brother was with Blake & Gwen and he works professionally as a videographer (or something like that).

The equipment the voice sent compared to what idol sent their contestants made idol look like a joke 🤣

Allegra on her live a few minutes ago mentioned that the performances are already recorded but the coaches reaction and feedback will be recorded on Sunday.

2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

They were probably told to make a video to hide who won as well. Just imagine the 3 who lost and don't even get their's on air, TPTB can go cancel themselves.

I feel like you are only saying this cause Samatha lost 😂

Allegra save her live I'm watching now. Wardobe send her 30-40 outfits  choice and tons of shoes. 

They been doing it for 3 weeks 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I read somewhere that Gwen’s brother was with Blake & Gwen and he works professionally as a videographer

Accurate

also 30-40 outfits & shoes! Voice >>> idol. Wonder how much of the studio/wardrobe etc they get to keep?

Allegra said she know about idol live but the voice will be better different  (She wanted to say better but stop hesitate and said it will be different)

Allegra said that Monday show will be filmed on Sunday live-to-tape in real time except the performance which were pre-recorded but Tuesday Show will be real live.

She mention the camera were Sony camera but she didn't show them just the light setup and a Microsoft surface tablet they sent.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dany said:

Allegra said she know about idol live but the voice will be better different  (She wanted to say better but stop hesitate and said it will be different)

Lol I do think this will be better than Idol

2 hours ago, joe14 said:

I feel like you are only saying this cause Samatha lost 😂

Who said that?

jk, but I would still feel bad for the other 2 IF Sam did get eliminated. Nelson and TMH deserve their performance shown if it was already recorded. 

• Haha 1

This must be the setup. I don’t know what I’m looking at, tbh. Where’s the camera? What’s the purpose of the tablet? 

jaGZKA9.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

This must be the setup. I don’t know what I’m looking at, tbh. Where’s the camera? What’s the purpose of the tablet? 

jaGZKA9.jpg

Allegra said that the producers remote in on the tablet, so that's basically the lifeline of the whole production.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, roundtown said:

Allegra said that the producers remote in on the tablet, so that's basically the lifeline of the whole production.

That makes sense. I need a wide angle view, to get a better look. Whatever it is, they had to make it simple enough for amateurs to set up and operate. 

So do they get to keep all this. I'm sure idol is letting them keep their iphones lmao

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Todd’s setup is in his church. 

Of course it is, and he’ll have his kids sitting there as audience 

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

Of course it is, and he’ll have his kids sitting there as audience 

Maybe it will look different on TV,

but it looks a little on the drab side in the photo. Probably won’t matter. 

Or maybe he'll go down like the one singer who happened to sing Hallelujah for the finale :rolleyes:

I can see how this might come across as pandering given the fact it is a church setup, but he's got one of the smaller Instagram followings (8k-ish vs Thunderstorm having nearly 50k) so fewer of his fans will see it than if it were in his Facebook group. Moreover, churches generally have decent acoustics, so if he has access to that kind of resource I'm not going to fault him for using it; in a situation like this, if I were in the same boat and had access to somewhere with good acoustics and room to set up that much equipment I'd likely do the same thing. In any case, at least I don't see a microphone stand wrapped in the American flag.

(You know your performance was bad when the rest of the coaches call you out on pitch issues when generally they don't get picky on live TV; literally the only reason this wasn't the worst of the night was Carter's "Take Me to Church" happening that week *cringes*)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1