idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

NOTE: If you just came here skipping the last page go back to know how the voice will do the live show. We have an official press release

Timing will be tight for Tuesday instant save. The next is all speculative on my part.

They will learn as soon as possible who was voted thru. Then each coach will have to choose before the show who they save. They will probably record a session of the coach announcing their choice as soon as they know the vote. Then the 4 instant save will have to pre-tape an instant save performance. Unless everyone does an instant save and they just aired the one in danger Then production has to fit everything together: audio, band, vocal etc in time for Tuesday night broadcast. They will probably has to zoom live the announcement of the winner since instant save is live and we won't know who is winning before the end of the show

Apparently, the California stay at home order doesn’t apply to TV show production. 

I’ll be interested to see how they pull this off. I’m disappointed that it’s not truly “live,” but I understand. Let’s hope they do a better job than Idol. That was garbage. 

• Confused 1

This is definitely going to be better than Idols I think. To have them send wardrobe and state of the art equipment instead of iPhones like idol can already tell me it’s going to be better 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

This is definitely going to be better than Idols I think. To have them send wardrobe and state of the art equipment instead of iPhones like idol can already tell me it’s going to be better 

wait, those were iPhone recorded? No wonder the sound quality is off. They have mics, apparently.

Edited by mjdolorico

Just now, mjdolorico said:

wait, those were iPhone recorded? No wonder the sound quality is off.

Yep here the Official Press Release form ABC 

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/pressrelease/american-idol-313-on-with-the-show-top-20-sing-for-your-vote-4-26/

Don’t miss the remaining Idol hopefuls as they continue their journeys remotely, filming their performances on iPhones, singing their hearts out for a chance to win America’s vote and ultimately the coveted season three crown!

OK I'm not being fair they had mic it's only the video that was filmed on iPhones :stealth:

• Haha 1

From tv line article, it sounds like they’re going live with the Tuesday show. Seriously risky move - especially with kelly in the middle of nowhere Montana 

https://t.co/IjNfB6k1fl

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

From tv line article, it sounds like they’re going live with the Tuesday show. Seriously risky move - especially with kelly in the middle of nowhere Montana 

https://t.co/IjNfB6k1fl

That's what I figured. My question is how the Instant Save vote will work. Are they all gonna perform actually live at that point? Or would they have all recorded something as their save performance.

• Like 1

Just now, Someone648 said:

That's what I figured. My question is how the Instant Save vote will work. Are they all gonna perform actually live at that point? Or would they have all recorded something as their save performance.

In the actual live shows, the Instant Save performances were already chosen and rehearsed before the results. I would imagine they'd be recorded beforehand too, including the coach's reactions.

I'm pretty sure that the actual instant save performance will be pre-recorded. Reason lag. If you watch actual live interview you always see delay before the person one the other end answer because of lag. It's impossible to sync music with multiple musician and background vocal from different location live. The production has to sync everything beforehand.

The comment tho can be live. The slight delay is acceptable. If we see a slight delay it's live. If it's like last Idol with no delay at all it's montage. 

EDIT: I guess they could play it with track and have the track sound loop back mix with the vocal and sync like that to do something live. 

also i'm pretty sure they're getting iphones+mics...they literally film movies and music videos on iphones lol

Just now, holinessss said:

also i'm pretty sure they're getting iphones+mics...they literally film movies and music videos on iphones lol

In the press release they say "state-of-the-art camera and audio equipment" So I'm assuming it's an actual video camera and not a phone.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dany said:

In the press release they say "state-of-the-art camera and audio equipment" So I'm assuming it's an actual video camera and not a phone.  

i'm just glad they're sending them wardrobe tbh lol

5 minutes ago, holinessss said:

i'm just glad they're sending them wardrobe tbh lol

Yes same it’s very impressive to see what they’re doing to pull this off 

13 minutes ago, Dany said:

Who’s going to operate the state of the art camera and audio equipment? LOL. 

I won’t be surprised if it ends up being iPhones, with high end attachments, but we’ll see. 

Also an other interesting tibit, it may or may not be significant

[The Top 17] will take us into their homes and other meaningful locations 

So maybe some found out that their own homes is not the best place to film so they will be in other meaningful locations. Or maybe not

Will the performance with James Taylor and the Top 17 be leaked tomorrow?

21 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Will the performance with James Taylor and the Top 17 be leaked tomorrow?

Performances won’t get leaked anymore. Nothing after KOs

I wonder if they are getting one individual camera or multiple cameras to get different angles

On the Voice's instagram, at the end of their last post, they talked about the 4 way knockout. They listed the names in an odd order: Nelson, TMH, Samantha, Michael (which I think could be the order of the number of votes from least to most), which is interesting because that was not the order they performed. Furthermore, Nick said at the end of Michael's that "the 4 way knockout was crazy, but I'm glad Michael's still in this 'cause he deserves it." 

!!!!! I think that's confirmation Michael won, cause they didn't say that about anyone else.

They also are not recording off of iPhones, they are using Cameras to record.

Video of the coach and contestant setting up their gears. LOL Blake :lmao:throwing thousands of dollars worth of  equipment left and right

• Haha 2

Based on that video, all of the 4-way KO contestants got equipments too. 

1 minute ago, Archanium said:

Based on that video, all of the 4-way KO contestants got equipments too. 

They were probably told to make a video to hide who won as well. Just imagine the 3 who lost and don't even get their's on air, TPTB can go cancel themselves.

• Like 4