The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I wonder if they'll be letting people play their instruments. I'm pretty sure a majority of the T17 can play guitar/piano.

Thunderstorm, Joanna, Zan, Allegra, Megan, CammWess, Mike, Roderick, Joei, Todd, Micah can all play to my knowledge.

It might also be a detriment to someone like Arei who has stage presence as one of her main assets.

Edited by FloorWax

29 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I wonder if they'll be letting people play their instruments. I'm pretty sure a majority of the T17 can play guitar/piano.

Thunderstorm, Joanna, Zan, Allegra, Megan, CammWess, Mike, Roderick, Joei, Todd, Micah can all play to my knowledge.

It might also be a detriment to someone like who has stage presence as one of her main assets.

If they are willing to do that, they should also be willing to ship additional recording equipment for their instruments.

1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

I see the voice casting just uploaded a photo asking for people to submit video auditions. Would that be for season 19 this fall? Or season 20 next spring 

Thanks for the heads up!

I assume this would be for Season 20 (wow...), but the blind tapings for Season 19 (if it's still gonna go on...) are definitely going to be delayed. Hopefully by July they'd be able to bring in people for blinds? Or at least that's me being SUPER optimistic.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Thanks for the heads up!

I assume this would be for Season 20 (wow...), but the blind tapings for Season 19 (if it's still gonna go on...) are definitely going to be delayed. Hopefully by July they'd be able to bring in people for blinds? Or at least that's me being SUPER optimistic.

I think they might just do no audience for those so that only necessary people are there which would mean no spoilers for season 19

12 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Thanks for the heads up!

IF we have testing, I would think no audience tapings could happen. Same way no audience sporting events could happen. You might see more of the meetings, vocal coaching, and pre-taping stuff done virtually though

32 minutes ago, Carlos3500 said:

What were everyone's thoughts on the American Idol episode last night? I think that, personally, it made me feel a lot better about how The Voice will look, but that's assuming that it'll be the same. 

Ok I dont mind if playoffs are like that but for Semi finals not a good idea

I just saw the Idol episode from last night and honestly it was quite good and well handled given the circumstances. It didn´t seem overproduced and the performances were decent as well. Looking forward to see how The Voice handles this, and given the crop of artists we have, I´m expecting something good. Wonder how the virtual duets in the finale are gonna go though, and if the teams will perform with their coach.

• Like 1

Schedule Update

https://www.nbcumv.com/news/nbc-primetime-schedule-4272020-monday-april-27-2020-sunday-may-17-2020?network=33129

Everything as expected.

"THE VOICE"

"LIVE TOP 9 PERFORMANCES"

ORIGINAL

05/11/2020 (08:00PM - 10:01PM) (Monday) : “The Voice” Top 9 artists perform in front of coaches Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, John Legend and Blake Shelton for their chance at a spot in the finale. Carson Daly ("TODAY Show") hosts.

"THE VOICE"

"LIVE TOP 9 RESULTS"

ORIGINAL

05/12/2020 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Tuesday) : In the live semi-final results show, three artists will be revealed as safe by America’s votes. After these finalists are revealed, the bottom three artists will be eliminated, while the middle three artists compete in the Instant Save for the last spot in the finale. Kelly Clarkson, Nick Jonas, John Legend and Blake Shelton star as the celebrity panel of coaches and Carson Daly ("TODAY Show") hosts.

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

This season´s having the Voice´s usual two bloodbaths: Playoffs and Semifinals, back to back , via video chat. I´m looking forward to the craziness ahead, this could either work out great or it could be a disaster, Cross Battles style.

I don't see it being that bad. The bloodbath to the finals always works in the end even if we do lose someone that belongs in the finals. I didn't watch Idol but I saw a few youtube clips and I'm more optimistic about how it's going to go now.

5 minutes ago, rp3598 said:

I don't see it being that bad. The bloodbath to the finals always works in the end even if we do lose someone that belongs in the finals. I didn't watch Idol but I saw a few youtube clips and I'm more optimistic about how it's going to go now.

I agree that Idol worked it out pretty well. I just hope that the Voice takes that approach, but the producers of this show can be so clueless most of the time.

Edited by Misirlou

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I agree that Idol worked it out pretty well. I just hope that the Voice takes that approach, but the producers of this show can be so clueless most of the time.

The performance shows will probably be similar, but the more interesting question is how the Voice will produce an hour long virtual results show! Idol is only 1x a week, with the winner announced live. The Voice still seems on track for an actual finale show.

• Like 1

News about the live, I'm still reading the article

https://deadline.com/2020/04/the-voice-nbc-remote-live-shows-safe-studio-return-1202922838/

EDIT: Also see the next post about the official press release 

To help with recording, the contestants received production kits with state-of-the-art camera and audio equipment to capture their performances and leading up to the performance show the coaches held remote mentoring sessions with their artists to plan song selection, vocals and arrangements.

The Voice will be recorded across two soundstages at Universal Studios with around 30 crew, compared to the normal 450.

Carson Daly hosting the live rounds from a soundstage without a live audience in front of the iconic red chairs.

With Carson at the helm from the stage, we are excited to share a unique ‘Voice’ experience that will feel both new and familiar.”

Carson still host in an empty stage.

Separately, the four coaches will record remotely from their homes; [...] leading up to the performance show the coaches held remote mentoring sessions with their artists to plan song selection, vocals and arrangements.

For the Monday performance episodes, the interactions between the coaches, artists and host will be recorded live-to-tape, and artist performances will be pre-taped.

The May 4 show will open with a performance by James Taylor, this season’s “mega-mentor” and then he will perform with the remaining artists who he mentored during the Knockout Rounds.

So mega group song ???

• Like 1

https://www.nbcumv.com/news/nbc-media-alert-‘-voice’-broadcast-first-ever-remote-live-shows-carson-daly-hosting-stage?network=33129

Official Press Release

The Top 17 artists will perform for America’s vote from 17 different towns across the country. They will take us into their homes and other meaningful locations to showcase their originality and connect with audiences on a more personal level than ever before. Viewers will see the preparation process that goes into each performance. Leading up to the Top 17 performance show, the coaches held remote mentoring sessions with their artists to plan all musical elements including song selection, vocals and arrangement. During this process, the artists were provided with wardrobe as well as guidance on choreography and art direction to enhance their home performances. Additionally, artists received production kits with state-of-the-art camera and audio equipment to capture their performances.

• Like 1