The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

I don’t know if Blake was just BSing, but I found his comments about pairing Cedrice and Toneisha interesting because he said it was due to their song choice of the same artist. Which means that the contestants have to choose a song without knowing who they are going against. Hmm...

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a SPOILER THREAD, people will be looking for clues online, and if you can't handle that then don't read in here. Please stop targeting other members for posting something, if you think anythin

Am I the only one that’s extremely excited for tomorrow?

Ah yes, my favorite Voice coach, Jake Hoot. 😌

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, joe14 said:

There was no scenario where she was picking Tayler over Micah. Both are mediocre imo but Micah has a wider appeal and is more popular with the audience. 

Great joke lmao, Tayler is a great vocalist. Micah is also an Alt-Rock guy, pretty sure his wider appeal isn't that much anyway. 

5 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Great joke lmao, Tayler is a great vocalist. Micah is also an Alt-Rock guy, pretty sure his wider appeal isn't that much anyway. 

I mean her voice is fine but you can't think her vocals are anything groundbreaking lmao

He has way more appeal than Tayler...like what is her's? I do not care for either but look at the numbers

Edited by joe14
1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Also ima meltdown for Micah's tragic performance when Tayler slayed and gets eliminated...

Kelly remains tragic, but what else is new lmao.

I don't think you saw the episode in advance, did you? We'll have to wait, I wouldn't form an opinion based on someone else's opinion.
And I think Kelly's post-KO team is pretty good, Megan, Cedrice and Micah for example... they all seem to like the audience.

1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

I don’t know if Blake was just BSing, but I found his comments about pairing Cedrice and Toneisha interesting because he said it was due to their song choice of the same artist. Which means that the contestants have to choose a song without knowing who they are going against. Hmm...

He was definitely BSing because he heard the song choices from them after they were paired up and came into the room....

Yeah I gotta comment on the Micah/Tayler thing...

Per the source, yes apparently the coaches preferred Tayler and people were surprised that Kelly chose Micah on a gut feeling - but nowhere does it state that Micah was bad:

From the OP: "Both were good but the coaches had all been rooting for Tayler and were practically saying goodbye to Micah"

We shouldn't ready to call Tayler fully robbed or even say that she slaughtered Micah - we legit shouldn't form an opinion until we've actually seen the two air lol.

Same goes for Mandi/Thunderstorm - We know he screwed up somehow and we know he's been consistently stronger than Mandi, but let's not call it a poor decision by John until it's aired.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Supreme2017 said:

I don’t see Taylor getting montaged again if she will be eliminated (doesn’t makes sense ) 

Well it happens all of the time where people get montaged both in the BR and KO so I wouldn’t be that surprised but I don’t see Micah being montaged since his edit has seemed to make him one of Kelly’s main people 

• Like 1

One thing that might be funny about the live shows is the amateur camera operators. I would assume it will be roommates, sig others, and family members for the contestants. For the coaches it might be Chrissy for John, Nick will have Priyanka, Kelly is apparently having Brandon and his son Seth do camera work. Blake will probably just have Gwen's brother do it, and he's actually a professional videographer.

Is anyone else heartbroken for the artists this season, they’ll be missing so much experiences. Singing on live tv, performing with their teams & coach, getting ready to go on backstage, hearing your name called out as safe with the audience cheering from you, and for the winner instead of hearing you won on live tv in front of an audience and your coach & friends, they’ll likely be hearing it at home :( it’s just so unfortunate 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Based on the order, if we're getting a montage, it's definitely gonna be Mandi/Anaya. I could see them shortening the coach talking/James Taylor coaching just a little bit or doing what they did in S15 and slightly shortclip some of the KO's (like Claire DeJean, Katrina Cain, etc. were)

For the save round, they honestly don't need to do more than a minute on each to recap how they got there, so it could be less than 30 minutes.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, echoap said:

I can't take Minivan that serious :haha:. During Maelyn's season half of the comments were complaints about Maelyn "just standing there" and her "lack of stage presence" (Imagine thinking that) 😂. Then again during season 18 most of the comments on Jake Hoot performances were like: "Who needs stage presence when you have a voice like that". 🤣

Maelyn "just standing there" is all the stage presence that is required.

• Like 3

Thunderstorm vs Mandi - I'm glad they let Tstorm perform with his guitar. I'm curious about the alleged mess-up though. Mandi's definitely going to sing a part of her song in Spanish, I'm calling it.

Arei vs Jon - Probably the hardest one to call. We don't know yet if Nick is the type to keep his original artists. Based on the songs, I still think it could go either way. Both have a chance to flop/do great I feel like.

Micah vs Tayler - We know Micah wins but that Graveyard song choice is just so bizzare. I wonder how he'll arrange it. 

Allegra vs Jacob - We saw the preview. Allegra was decent, Jacob was meh

Mandi vs Anaya - I don't think Praying is the right song for Anaya at all. She keeps singing songs that are too mature for her. It's the kind of song I hope Mandi got, but My Church is fine too. It has a little gospel touch to it.

Toneisha vs Cedrice - Both are gonna slay, that's that.

Edited by FloorWax
51 minutes ago, Agenator333 said:

Is anyone else heartbroken for the artists this season, they’ll be missing so much experiences. Singing on live tv, performing with their teams & coach, getting ready to go on backstage, hearing your name called out as safe with the audience cheering from you, and for the winner instead of hearing you won on live tv in front of an audience and your coach & friends, they’ll likely be hearing it at home :( it’s just so unfortunate 

As much as it might be bad in many ways, wouldn't it be great to hear your name announced next to your family, to be able to celebrate with them?

Nick must be so happy he was able to steal Thunderstorm. I feel like he didn't expect him to be available for steal in the KO since he told him in the battle rounds that he hope they can work in some way in some capacity. 

Just watched the leaked KO..... I think Allegra's song choice raised the expectations for her KO way too high. I think she did a good job giving the song her own flavor. And I really like it when she belts. She just needs help enunciating and cutting back on her runs. Jacob is fine, but Allegra won it for me.

Edited by mjdolorico
9 hours ago, Agenator333 said:

Heartbroken? Please. No one goes on this show for any reason other than to get exposed to a wider audience. And this season is actually helping them do that more than usual. 

when’s the last time the KO round got nearly 10 million viewers In the overnight ratings?

13 hours ago, Ptones2010 said:

Both seasons are trash.

You are more of a trash than the two seasons of the voice.

Edit: You are a trash compared to The Voice because you only watch the show.

Edited by JOMZ