The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

45 minutes ago, JOMZ said:

I disagree, I think they will air Allegra Vs. Jacob.

I still think Thunderstorm will be the Matthew Schuler of the season.

Team Kelly seems off as always for me, I really don't like her choices most of the time. She sometimes have favoritism but I like Micah as her favorite this season. 

So, you think T-Storm will blow out his vocal cords?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a SPOILER THREAD, people will be looking for clues online, and if you can't handle that then don't read in here. Please stop targeting other members for posting something, if you think anythin

Am I the only one that’s extremely excited for tomorrow?

Ah yes, my favorite Voice coach, Jake Hoot. 😌

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JOMZ said:

I disagree, I think they will air Allegra Vs. Jacob.

I still think Thunderstorm will be the Matthew Schuler of the season.

Team Kelly seems off as always for me, I really don't like her choices most of the time. She sometimes have favoritism but I like Micah as her favorite this season. 

It's a short season. There is no time for him to be a Matthew Schuler lol. There is like what, 3 performance shows. 

I would say Allegra should make the top 8/9 or whatever but I don't see her making the finale. 

Team Kelly is always off too me. One thing about her is that she doesn't follow the hype. As in, she seems to put in the work for 1 chair turners, or 2 chair turners ("the less popular" contestants with the judges).  She seems to be very loyal if she likes you (which is good for the people she likes). That is probably why she never seems to have that strong of a team. She always has that one contestant who she can take all that way. I don't see it this season though. Megan, Micah? Micah might be a dark horse I suppose. His knockout will be very telling. 

Other than Thunderstorm and maybe Todd (who I have yet to see a performance from but you guys are calling him a front runner and he is on team Blake so I'm gonna trust IDF), I cannot accurate put the others in tiers or categories. Additionally, there will be only 3 performance shows so it isn't like anyone could have some sort of upward trajectory in the lives and make it to the finale. I have a feeling that the finale will be set in stone after next week's knockouts. It's just a matter of who joins Thunderstorm and Todd.

Edited by joe14

According to some spoilers and results. The Top 17 Should Be...

1. Roderick Chambers:Team Nick

2. Arie Moon/Jon:Team Nick

3. Allegra Miles:Team Nick

4. Thunderstorm Artis: Team Nick

5. Mandi Thomas/Anaya: Team Kelly                                                        
6. Micah Iverson: Team Kelly
7. Megan Danielle: Team Kelly
8. Cedrice: Team Kelly 

9. Todd Tilghman: Team Blake

10. Joanna Serenko: Team Blake 

11. Toneisha Harris: Team Blake

12. Joei Fulco: Team Blake

13. Zan Fiskum: Team John 

14. Mike Jerel: Team John 

15. CamWess: Team John 

16. Mandi Castillo: Team John

17th Spot: Todd M Hall/Micheal Williams/Samantha Howell/Nelson Cade 

If I am being honest a pretty great top 17, most of these people are basically incredible and this line up is better then last seasons!

Edited by VoiceTakeover890
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, joe14 said:

It's a short season. There is no time for him to be a Matthew Schuler lol. There is like what, 3 performance shows. 

I would say Allegra should make the top 8/9 or whatever but I don't see her making the finale. 

Team Kelly is always off too me. One thing about her is that she doesn't follow the hype. As in, she seems to put in the work for 1 chair turners, or 2 chair turners ("the less popular" contestants with the judges).  She seems to be very loyal if she likes you (which is good for the people she likes). That is probably why she never seems to have that strong of a team. She always has that one contestant who she can take all that way. I don't see it this season though. Megan, Micah? Micah might be a dark horse I suppose. His knockout will be very telling. 

Other than Thunderstorm and maybe Todd (who I have yet to see a performance from but you guys are calling him a front runner and he is on team Blake so I'm gonna trust IDF), I cannot accurate put the others in tiers or categories. Additionally, there will be only 3 performance shows so it isn't like anyone could have some sort of upward trajectory in the lives and make it to the finale. I have a feeling that the finale will be set in stone after next week's knockouts. It's just a matter of who joins Thunderstorm and Todd.

You might have a point. We just won’t know who they will be until it happens. With the Coronavirus format, they will all have perfect performances, unless they figure out a way to pull this off live. Song choice might play a role, to some degree, but the votes will mostly be baked into the cake.

This is just my WAG, and will probably end up being wrong:

Blake will probably have two finalists (Todd and ???), just based on history. Add Thunderstorm, and there’s one more spot left for Megan, Micah, Zan, Cammwess, Allegra, and Cedrice to fight over. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

1. Roderick Chambers:Team Nick

2. Arie Moon/Jon:Team Nick

3. Allegra Miles:Team Nick

4. Thunderstorm Artis: Team Nick

5. Mandi Thomas/Anaya: Team Kelly                                                        
6. Micah Iverson: Team Kelly
7. Megan Danielle: Team Kelly
8. Cedrice: Team Kelly 

9. Todd Tilghman: Team Blake

10. Joanna Serenko: Team Blake 

11. Toneisha Harris: Team Blake

12. Joei Fulco: Team Blake

13. Zan Fiskum: Team John 

14. Mike Jerel: Team John 

15. CamWess: Team John 

16. Mandi Castillo: Team John

17th Spot: Todd M Hall/Micheal Williams/Samantha Howell/Nelson Cade 

Wow, now that I read them all together, it really is a great top 17, the best after season 13 without a doubt, there is no one I don't like.

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I feel like this season John is going to be the coach that doesn't make it to the finals. Zan's not the kind of singer who gets votes. Mandi Castillo, I don't think she's going to make it. Kelly has the two dark horses of the season for me, Megan, that her knockout was incredible and I really think she can make it to the finals and she's the typical young girl who sounds like country. Besides, we know that Kelly does very well with young contestants, and Minivan could really like her. And Micah, that I see him as a candidate to make it to the finals, too. It's very well accepted by the audience 

Edited by CufaFanvoice26
4 minutes ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

I feel like this season John is going to be the coach that doesn't make it to the finals. Zan's not the kind of singer who gets votes. Mandi Castillo, I don't think she's going to make it to the final. And Kelly has the two dark horses of the season for me, Megan, that her knockout was incredible and I really think she can make it to the finals, and Micah, that I see him as a candidate to make it to the finals, too. 

Why does your comment show a reply to me, when it was joe14 who said that? LOL

Edited by TeamAudra
6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

So, you think T-Storm will blow out his vocal cords?

Being like Matthew Schuler doesn’t require him to literally blow out his voice. It means that he he has no margin for error and the audience won’t forgive a subpar performance. 

3 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Being like Matthew Schuler doesn’t require him to literally blow out his voice. It means that he he has no margin for error and the audience won’t forgive a subpar performance. 

Yup, this is the explanation I've been thinkin. Thunderstorm has a phenomenal blind audition and having a mistake on the most important phase to determine the front runner of the show means losing some who believes that he can win.

Determining front runners during the lives is going to be even more difficult now that we have no studio recordings and therefore no bonus. For the past several seasons (with the exception of s15) the winner was almost always the person who got the bonus (Brynn, Maelyn, Jake).

Edited by rp3598
6 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

“No margin for error.”

That could apply to literally hundreds of contestants over the years. I didn’t watch that season, so I don’t know how strong of a frontrunner Schuler was. Do you believe Thunderstorm is also in a precarious position?

Edited by TeamAudra

“No margin for error.”

That could apply to literally hundreds of contestants over the years. I didn’t watch that season, so I don’t know how strong of a frontrunner Schuler was. Do you believe Thunderstorm is also in a precarious position?

The problem with that season was that they had the playoffs, top 12, top 10, top 8, top 6, top 5, finale. Matt turned in a terrible performance around top 8 and it was downhill from there. It was a train wreck. It was not a simple "oh it was not as good as his prior performances." If anything, his built in support from the fans bought him another week because it was arguably the worst of that week. This season has playoffs, top 8, and the finale? Schuler turned in his best performances in the first three shows so he probably would have been okay in a shortened season. I've noticed that a lot of early front runners have a potential to burn out in the longer seasons. Additionally, that season had a number of front runners. I would say it is one of the strongest seasons in the show's history. The perceived front runner seemed to change with every week. I don't see how Thunderstorm stumbles that badly unless he just turns in a terrible performance during bloodbath. Some have also said that the at home format should coincide with his style so he has the advantage there as well.

More of a personal opinion, but I don't even think he has been perfect so far. His battle was okay but nothing otherworldly. His knockout was apparently controversial so he has no where to go but up? Add in the fact that he apparently is way ahead in social media #'s (not that those are always reliable)?

Edited by joe14
33 minutes ago, joe14 said:

The problem with that season was that they had the playoffs, top 12, top 10, top 8, top 6, top 5, finale. Matt turned in a terrible performance around top 8 and it was downhill from there. It was a train wreck. It was not a simple "oh it was not as good as his prior performances." If anything, his built in support from the fans bought him another week because it was arguably the worst of that week. This season has playoffs, top 8, and the finale? Schuler turned in his best performances in the first three shows so he probably would have been okay in a shortened season. I've noticed that a lot of early front runners have a potential to burn out in the longer seasons. Additionally, that season had a number of front runners. I would say it is one of the strongest seasons in the show's history. The perceived front runner seemed to change with every week. I don't see how Thunderstorm stumbles that badly unless he just turns in a terrible performance during bloodbath. Some have also said that the at home format should coincide with his style so he has the advantage there as well.

More of a personal opinion, but I don't even think he has been perfect so far. His battle was okay but nothing otherworldly. His knockout was apparently controversial so he has no where to go but up? Add in the fact that he apparently is way ahead in social media #'s (not that those are always reliable)?

Yeah, I’ve watched those Schuler performances. They were definitely trainwrecks. But, I’ll go a step further. I don’t like his other performances either. “Hallelujah” was good, but again, he’s not my cup of tea. For me, it’s just a tone/style preference.  Maybe Angela is right about him having no margin for error. 

We have no way of knowing how much of a lead T-Storm has built up, but I think his style has a more broad appeal than Schuler’s. Until we actually see the mistake, and the audience’s reaction to it, all we can do is guess. 

Edited by TeamAudra
7 hours ago, Supreme2017 said:

I’m new to this thread ... I think the top 17 is better that S16 and 17 ..... I was upset about Darious not winning or being stolen . Can Spinks was great also but didn’t see him getting past Todd 

welcome-1-1c.gif

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, I’ve watched those Schuler performances. They were definitely trainwrecks. But, I’ll go a step further. I don’t like his other performances either. “Hallelujah” was good, but again, he’s not my cup of tea. For me, it’s just a tone/style preference.  Maybe Angela is right about him having no margin for error. 

We have no way of knowing how much of a lead T-Storm has built up, but I think his style has a more broad appeal than Schuler’s. Until we actually see the mistake, and the audience’s reaction to it, all we can do is guess. 

Schuler’s Hallelujah is a Voice phenomenon. For several seasons after his, that single would chart every time Voice ITunes were available. It became a running joke of sorts. 

Yes, the additional rounds played a part. But the point of being a front runner is that people vote for you, not your performance.

26 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Schuler’s Hallelujah is a Voice phenomenon. For several seasons after his, that single would chart every time Voice ITunes were available. It became a running joke of sorts. 

Yes, the additional rounds played a part. But the point of being a front runner is that people vote for you, not your performance.

In that case, he probably didn’t have as much support as people thought he had. Sawyer messed up on a performance and sailed on through. He won the show with his audition. He could have made animal noises for two minutes, and still have gotten voted through. 

• Haha 1

In that case, he probably didn’t have as much support as people thought he had. Sawyer messed up on a performance and sailed on through. He won the show with his audition. He could have made animal noises for two minutes, and still have gotten voted through. 

I don't like sawyer winning that season. Kimberly Nichole or India Carney or even Meghan Linsey should have won that.

15 minutes ago, JOMZ said:

I don't like sawyer winning that season. Kimberly Nichole or India Carney or even Meghan Linsey should have won that.

Sawyer was very polarizing, but that was one of the easier wins in the show’s history. It was never in doubt. The three you mentioned never caught on with minivan. Meghan made the finale only because of Blake. She was polarizing too. 

Edited by TeamAudra
9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Sawyer was very polarizing, but that was one of the easier wins in the show’s history. It was never in doubt. The three you mentioned never caught on with minivan. Meghan made the finale only because of Blake. She was polarizing too. 

Wasn't Sawyer a runaway win? lmao, the middle-aged housewives loved him, especially compared to the other 3 finalists.

6 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Wasn't Sawyer a runaway win? lmao, the middle-aged housewives loved him, especially compared to the other 3 finalists.

Yes, he was. He was Team Minivan, Team Country, Team Rock, Team Teen, etc. I’d love to see the vote  totals for that season. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1

Kelly has been doing several interviews today to promote her new single and of course she's also discussing how she's doing her TV jobs remotely in from her ranch in Montana. She mentioned that they are still working on figuring out how to do the lives for The Voice remotely. In general she's been having problems having enough bandwidth at times to be able to work, she's had to reschedule things when she's had problems. During her interview on the Hoda and Jenna hour for The Today show she had audio issues during the interview, she couldn't hear the clip of her new song when they played it and she couldn't hear the hosts when they were wrapping up the interview saying good-bye and her audio output also cut out. I highly doubt there will be much of anything that's truly "live" for the final three rounds of The Voice just because of all the logistical or technical things that could go wrong. I'm guessing Blake might have similar connectivity issues if his home in Oklahoma is in as a remote of location as Kelly's is in Montana.

I'm thinking the most practical thing to do would be to assign each of the contestants a specific time window to record their performance and have a producer remotely monitor them recording their performance to ensure they only do that one take. Then send all the videos of the performances to the coaches and have them watch them at the same time and connect them through some type of conference call type thing. Kelly actually used Zoom to interview both Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick at the same time for her talk show so that might work for the coaches to be able to speak to each other, Carson, and the contestant whose performance they are reacting to.

• Thanks 1