The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Just now, Someone648 said:

Yeah, I'm thinking Allegra/Jacob will be the leak, if there is one.

That, or they'll leak one of the 4-way KO performances to hype up the audience for the vote - in fact, that's the smart thing to do to remind people to tune in.

Not sure how they'd go about that, however. Whoever would get leaked in that situation would likely get the vote...

I don't really think that would be fair 😂

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a SPOILER THREAD, people will be looking for clues online, and if you can't handle that then don't read in here. Please stop targeting other members for posting something, if you think anythin

Am I the only one that’s extremely excited for tomorrow?

Ah yes, my favorite Voice coach, Jake Hoot. 😌

Posted Images

I think they will only montage 1 pairing on the second KO episode (my money is on Mandi vs Anaya). They can use the last 15-20 mins of the episode to show the 4-way-knockout.

Besides, battle steals almost never get montaged during KO. So I don't think Arei vs Jon will be montaged.

Edited by indodol
14 minutes ago, indodol said:

I think they will only montage 1 pairing on the second KO episode (my money is on Mandi vs Anaya). They can use the last 15-20 mins of the episode to show the 4-way-knockout.

Besides, battle steals almost never get montaged during KO. So I don't think Arei vs Jon will be montaged.

Jordyn Simone from S14

It would be weird leaking Kelly twice in a row (only John) but don't they usually leak a knockout where both performances were good? Why everyone thinks Micah vs Tayler is off the table? I'm thinking it's either them or Allegra

3 hours ago, ashwinner said:

is the voice even often fair???

If the show is fair,

My favorite Top 8 Semi-finalists:

Team Legend:
Zan Fiskum

Darious Lyles(or CammWess)

Team Blake:

Joanna Serenko

Joei Fulco

Team Kelly:
Anaya Cheyenne

Mandi Thomas

Team Nick:
Thunderstorm Artis

Arei Moon

If not fair:

Mandi Castillo

Todd Tilghman

Megan Danielle
Micah Iverson

Allegra Miles
Tate Brusa

I really think people are giving too much thought to these leaks. I really don't think TPTB are giving much thought to these leaks. When you look back at all the leaks this season, they were usually the one of the best/if not the best performance of the episode aka they made sense in retrospect. I feel like they go for what will garner a strong or decent reaction or what might go viral as it brings attention to the show. Sometimes they might leak one that is good but save the best one for the episode as a surprise. I really don't think they are going "geez we leaked a Kelly one last week so we can't leak one this week." Additionally, I don't think leaks have that much of an impact. For starters, they are leaked on a Friday morning. I do not think it is some massive form of pimping. If there is a "better" knockout, the views will show it. I remember Allegra and Jake's battle out viewing Joanna and Roderick's leak very quickly. The one time I think they give an advantage is in the cases of blind auditions leaked before the season like Kennedy, Katie, Christina Grimmie etc. 

• Like 4

Looking forward to watch James Taylor's comments on the performances. The producers should have also invited Carole King  though. 

Edited by Nezz

I know that in general, the contestants on the premiere of the Voice end up getting far in the competition. I went back and checked when this trend started and checked out some stuff. The trend started in Season 14, and out of the first set of blind auditions, this is the proportion of singers that made it to the semifinals (in brackets is the expected value of contestants that should have made semifinals for comparison):

S14 - 5/9 [1.5/9]

S15 - 2/9 [1.5/9]

S16 - 3/10 [1.67/10]

S17 - 4/8 [1.6/8]

Evidently, this is statistically significant, so we can expect that a higher than average amount of semifinalists will be from the premiere. My guess is that of Todd T, Nelson, Tate, Tayler, Darious, Megan, Todd MH, and Joanna, the semifinalists will be (if there are 3; if there are only 2, then it wouldn't have Joanna)

Todd T

Megan

Joanna.

On 4/11/2020 at 3:14 AM, jus.vshn said:

I can almost bet next weeks leak is going to be Cedrice and Toneisha🤣

Eitherway if it's Thunderstorm and Mandi C. Then it's exposure at its finest. Can they leak no-steal KO?

On 4/11/2020 at 3:19 AM, thevoiceisthetop said:

That means next week we get

Team Kelly:

Mandi Thomas vs Anaya Cheyenne

Micah Iverson vs Tayler Green

Team Nick: 

Allegra Miles vs Jacob Miller

Arei Moon vs Jon Mullins

Team John

Mandi Castillo vs Thunderstorm Artis

Team Blake

Toneisha Harris vs Cedrice

I think they will montage 1 KO to show the 4-Way KO. Hope it's only 1 coz they are so shit to montage 2

5 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

I know that in general, the contestants on the premiere of the Voice end up getting far in the competition. I went back and checked when this trend started and checked out some stuff. The trend started in Season 14, and out of the first set of blind auditions, this is the proportion of singers that made it to the semifinals (in brackets is the expected value of contestants that should have made semifinals for comparison):

S14 - 5/9 [1.5/9]

S15 - 2/9 [1.5/9]

S16 - 3/10 [1.67/10]

S17 - 4/8 [1.6/8]

Evidently, this is statistically significant, so we can expect that a higher than average amount of semifinalists will be from the premiere. My guess is that of Todd T, Nelson, Tate, Tayler, Darious, Megan, Todd MH, and Joanna, the semifinalists will be (if there are 3; if there are only 2, then it wouldn't have Joanna)

Todd T

Megan

Joanna.

This had been the case, even prior to S14. There are several reasons for this. For starters, the producers tend to stack the deck a little for the premiere. They obviously know who made it to the playoffs by the time they decide when to air the various auditions. Additionally, those who air on the premiere have the advantage of a larger audience, and I can’t prove this, but I suspect they end up on more teams on the app (I have no idea how many people actually design their own app teams). TPTB has a lot of data through the app that we don’t have, and know better than we do which contestants are resonating with the audience. 

33 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

This had been the case, even prior to S14. There are several reasons for this. For starters, the producers tend to stack the deck a little for the premiere. They obviously know who made it to the playoffs by the time they decide when to air the various auditions. Additionally, those who air on the premiere have the advantage of a larger audience, and I can’t prove this, but I suspect they end up on more teams on the app (I have no idea how many people actually design their own app teams). TPTB has a lot of data through the app that we don’t have, and know better than we do which contestants are resonating with the audience. 

I agree with this notion and would have thought it to be true, but the data from previous seasons does not match up very well. It's possible that they made it mostly to the playoffs but didn't make it much farther, but the results then were close to average, insinuating that there was little to no tampering. I actually think that this season, they will try to be more inconspicuous with their tampering, so it's likely that less will make it as far.

9 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

I agree with this notion and would have thought it to be true, but the data from previous seasons does not match up very well. It's possible that they made it mostly to the playoffs but didn't make it much farther, but the results then were close to average, insinuating that there was little to no tampering. I actually think that this season, they will try to be more inconspicuous with their tampering, so it's likely that less will make it as far.

OK. I’ve analyzed this in the past, but mostly for the likelihood contestants aired on the premiere advance to the playoffs. For that, there is a very strong correlation that goes way back to earlier seasons. It’s been a while since I’ve looked at it, though. 

Edited by TeamAudra
24 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

OK. I’ve analyzed this in the past, but mostly for the likelihood contestants aired on the premiere advance to the playoffs. For that, there is a very strong correlation that goes way back to earlier seasons. It’s been a while since I’ve looked at it, though. 

That makes sense because I looked at semifinals, which had a higher variation, but I'm sure for playoffs the variation was much less and there was a higher association for earlier seasons. I think they just did a poor job of guessing who would go beyond the playoffs in those seasons (maybe because they collected less data then).

15 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

That makes sense because I looked at semifinals, which had a higher variation, but I'm sure for playoffs the variation was much less and there was a higher association for earlier seasons. I think they just did a poor job of guessing who would go beyond the playoffs in those seasons (maybe because they collected less data then).

It depends on which data point we look at. I just calculated this off the top of my head, but I think 9/17 winners had their blinds aired on the premiere. In addition to that, there were others who were aired on the premiere who were clearly TCO, but did not win. I do think they vary there strategy with TCO, depending on what’s been working. For example, the amount of pimping around Kennedy’s blind was unprecedented, and it obviously didn’t work, so the next season they used more of a soft sell early/late push strategy with Maelyn. As it turns out, it probably wouldn’t have mattered, since she didn’t have any competition. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Looking at the song choices for Darious vs Mike makes me think Darious could actually win. It would be weird of John to let go of yet another four chair turn. However (not counting Nelson) if Darious lost his knockout, it'd mean they gave John no frontrunners in the premiere week, which would be kinda odd, right?

Edited by antikid