The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

But we don't get many of those since the coaches are supposed to promote the environment of a positive, family-friendly show.

We absolutely don’t get many, which means the slightest bit of well placed negativity usually means it’s over for that contestant, unless it’s just an obvious shade from an opposing coach who wishes the contestant was on their team.

We absolutely don’t get many, which means the slightest bit of well placed negativity usually means it’s over for that contestant, unless it’s just an obvious shade from an opposing coach who wishes the contestant was on their team.

Looks at Season 16's Semi-finals Performance week.

Was the best episode since Robe.

Edited by QueenMae16

You forgot negative coach comments!

The way they gush over the contestants like every single one of them will win a dozen Grammys instead of offering constructive criticism and advice, you end up with a Gwen moment where one piece of criticism feels like throwing a piano and anvil on the contestant. And then Adam agreed with Gwen, which was like he was setting the contestant on fire and then drowning her. The show doesn't like that.

Edited by Vinyl

Side note, I'm only 36 names deep into the list so far (upwards of 80 overall), but if you're wondering about the gender ratio thus far, it's exactly 2:1 with males over females. Haven't seen that happen before while compiling the names/links (I know there's still a ton of females to go though...)

But there's quite a few familiar names on the list (from MULTIPLE seasons) so I hope y'all get hyped for them once they drop. :ph34rwave:

I know some of y'all will be happy with a couple of them.

• Like 1

Side note, I'm only 36 names deep into the list so far (upwards of 80 overall), but if you're wondering about the gender ratio thus far, it's exactly2:1 with males over females . Haven't seen that happen before while compiling the names/links (I know there's still a ton of females to go though...)

But there's quite a few familiar names on the list (from MULTIPLE seasons) so I hope y'all get hyped for them once they drop. :ph34rwave:

Yasss more male voices :wub:

This article is like a month old but I hope it hasn't been posted before.

BLAKE SHELTON ON NICK JONAS, ADAM, DANIELLE BRADBERY AND MORE

https://people.com/country/blake-shelton-re...ielle-bradbery/

The Voice coach Blake Shelton says he’s gotten over pining for longtime arch-nemesis Adam Levine, who left the hit show earlier this year. And Shelton has good reason: Fellow coach Kelly Clarkson, he says, is “doing a great job filling the Adam ‘assh— void.’”

In fact, Shelton revealed at a recent Nashville event to promote The Voice that he recently uttered those exact words to Clarkson. He also reported Clarkson’s reaction: “She didn’t take that very well.”

“I’m starting to hate [Nick] because I’m competing with him now,” he said. “He is a tough, tough guy to go against. When you turn your chair around and there’s a young person up there, and they’re trying to choose between me and then Nick Jonas sitting down there, I’m screwed almost every time. So yeah, he can kiss my ass till the season’s over.”

Blake also confirmed that Danielle Bradbery is his all-time favorite contestant.

---------------------------

Well, either Nick Jonas can hold his own in the show or he's getting some help from TPTB. Probably a mix of both.

Side note, I'm only 36 names deep into the list so far (upwards of 80 overall), but if you're wondering about the gender ratio thus far, it's exactly 2:1 with males over females. Haven't seen that happen before while compiling the names/links (I know there's still a ton of females to go though...)

We just need one good female contestant and it'll be over :icecream:

Looking forward to seeing some familiar names on the list. o:)

Edited by echoap

Yasss more male voices :wub:

Heh. Even if it ends up being true, they'll be fodder and/or country. Male indie/alt rockers have zero chance of ever winning the show. They can't even make the finals anymore (Britton was classic rock.)

Expecting the string of pretty young white females to restart in 3... 2... 1.

You're welcome. :closedeyes:

Heh. Even if it ends up being true, they'll be fodder and/or country. Male indie/alt rockers have zero chance of ever winning the show. They can't even make the finals anymore (Britton was classic rock.)

You didn't have to crush my hope like that :'(

Don't be so pessimistic lol, from what I've seen it's a pretty balanced cast between every genre, not really country dominated. There's some reggae in there. Even a metal singer.

I will say that though the amount of country males isn't out of the ordinary, there's 6 or 7 country females in there. Most of them are interesting, though.

Overall, really talented cast. A lot of people I'm excited to see. No clear frontrunners, but many that could become frontrunners as the show goes on.

Don't be so pessimistic lol, from what I've seen it's a pretty balanced cast between every genre, not really country dominated. There's some reggae in there. Even a metal singer.

I will say that though the amount of country males isn't out of the ordinary, there's 6 or 7 country females in there. Most of them are interesting, though.

Overall, really talented cast. A lot of people I'm excited to see. No clear frontrunners, but many that could become frontrunners as the show goes on.

And he's one I'm genuinely excited for. :wub:

Y'all complain about screamers so much, they finally decided to give everyone a REAL screamer :haha:

Edited by Someone648

Hoping for Calista Garcia... :teehee:

Maybe they didn't let her join the Comeback Stage because they wanted her to audition again. :D

Edited by FloorWax

Hoping for Calista Garcia... :teehee:

Maybe they didn't let her join the Comeback Stage because they wanted her to audition again. :D

OMG I LOVED CALISTAAAAAA

And he's one I'm genuinely excited for. :wub:

Y'all complain about screamers so much, they finally decided to give everyone a REAL screamer :haha:

Oh my...