idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Thunderstorm and Toneisha were leaked twice, and poor Cedrice had to go up against them back to back :haha:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, seak05 said:

They are both exceptional singers, but I didn’t love the battle? I was missing the connection to the lyrics vs all the vocal tricks 🤷‍♀️

I agree, I was expecting more from Thunderstorm I guess, probably the song didn't help though. Queen Maelyn's version stays Supreme for me. 👑

Thunderstorm ⛈️ won this battle hands down, btw. 

Edited by echoap
  • Like 2

YT is georestricted for me. However FB works

50 minutes ago, echoap said:

I agree, I was expecting more from Thunderstorm I guess, probably the song didn't help though. Queen Maelyn's version stays Supreme for me. 👑

Thunderstorm ⛈️ won this battle hands down, btw. 

Same.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dany said:

YT is georestricted for me. However FB works

It's fine, but why is John trying to turn Thunderstorm into a soul singer? He should be getting folksy singer/songwriter songs.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

It's fine, but why is John trying to turn Thunderstorm into a soul singer? He should be getting folksy singer/songwriter songs.

I mean it is a battle. They technically should be picking songs that fit both contestants. That was why last week was so horrible in my opinion. A lot of the choices favored one person.

I didn't care for it. Honestly thought Cedrice did better but not by much. The song did fit her voice more but not to the point where Thunderstorm was at a disadvantage. Obviously go with Thunderstorm for the potential though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

They are both exceptional singers, but I didn’t love the battle? I was missing the connection to the lyrics vs all the vocal tricks 🤷‍♀️

The best duet version of this song is the one performed by Tessanne Chin and Josh Kaufman on the late, lamented Voice tour. It is a master class. (The camera work is horrible though)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The best duet version of this song is the one performed by Tessanne Chin and Josh Kaufman on the late, lamented Voice tour. It is a master class. (The camera work is horrible though)

Ah, I remembered scouring YouTube for live videos of this tour because Will Champlin and Josh Kaufman were performing in it. 😍😍😍

Here's a much better video:

Edited by mjdolorico

TikTok ruined Stay for me :haha:

It was a good battle and felt pretty even, but it didn’t feel like a really natural fit for Thunderstorm, which tells me that it’s good that he ended up with Nick, who MIGHT treat him like the songwriter he is.

• Like 1

Thunderstorm won it, but I don’t appreciate John trying to turn him into an R&B singer. Bring bring back the guitar and interesting song flips. Yes, I understand this is what happens in the battle round, which is why I hate it so much. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

TikTok ruined Stay for me :haha:

It was a good battle and felt pretty even, but it didn’t feel like a really natural fit for Thunderstorm, which tells me that it’s good that he ended up with Nick, who MIGHT treat him like the songwriter he is.

*realizes all of the songs sung in the leaked battle round videos were featured on Tiktok*

Is the Voice media manager from Gen Z? 😂

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Haha 1

I took a quick look at Facebook. Minivan overwhelmingly prefers Thunderstorm. 

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I took a quick look at Facebook. Minivan overwhelmingly prefers Thunderstorm. 

Do any of John's members have high numbers as of now?  If not, then dropping Thunderstorm in the Knockouts might be the worst choice he makes all season.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Do any of John's members have high numbers as of now?  If not, then dropping Thunderstorm in the Knockouts might be the worst choice he makes all season.

If you mean his post KO team, no. Minivan likes both Thunderstorm and Joanna, and he dropped them both. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Zan vs Brittney - Closer To Fine 

Jon vs Todd - Ghost in the House

Cedrice vs Thunderstorm - Stay

Arei vs Samuel - Missing You

Megan Vs Samantha - Top of the World

TEAM NICK:

Arei Moon vs. Samuel Wilco - “Missing You” by John Waite

Jacob Miller vs. Kevin Farris - “Lights Up” by Harry Styles

TEAM KELLY:

Megan Danielle vs. Samantha Howell - “Top Of The World” by Patty Griffin

Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins - “My Baby Loves Me” by Martina McBride

Jules vs. Tayler Green - “Water Under The Bridge” by Adele

TEAM BLAKE:

Jon Mullins vs. Todd Tilghman - “Ghost In This House” by Shenandoah

TEAM JOHN:

Brittney Allen vs. Zan Fiskum - “Closer to Fine” by Indigo Girls

Cedrice vs. Thunderstorn Artis - “Stay” by Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko

Video Preview  and more detail about song choice in the ET link

https://www.etonline.com/the-voice-sneak-peek-see-the-matchups-for-season-18s-final-battle-round-exclusive-144169

Order:

Arei Moon vs. Samuel Wilco

Megan Danielle vs. Samantha Howell (SAVE)

Todd Tilghman vs. Jon Mullins (STEAL BY NICK)

Zan Fiskum vs. Brittney Allen

Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins

Jacob Miller vs. Kevin Farris

Tayler Green vs. Jules

Thunderstorm Artis vs. Cedrice (STEAL BY BLAKE)

Safe to say we get Jacob/Kevin montaged, with that order it's still up in the air about which of Mandi/Sara or Tayler/Jules is montaged.

Last season, the montages were shown with their blind audition outfit in the interviews of the battle previews. This time we got to see Mandi and Sara with their rehearsal (with Dua Lipa) outfits and Tayler and Jules had their blind audition outfit. I think it’s safe to say that Jacob vs Kevin and Tayler vs Jules are the montages.

• Like 1

Wait....how are they going to do a 4-way knockout with fan voting if the show isn't live anymore?  Is it voting on pre-taped performances?  And when does the voting happen?  Do those four skip the knockouts and vie to get into the playoffs?  Or do they skip they playoffs too?  I'm so confused...

The way the K.O. work is

Each team has 6 regular artists So 3 K.O. pair per team + 1 Steal per team, After that your left with 16 artists. Then they put the 4 saves in a 4-way K.O. all pre-recorded.

America Vote for 1 artist.

You have a top 17 live. Then top 8 semi final live. Then Finale 4 live. That was the plan for this season.

Since they publish be ready to vote on April 20 they may put the 4 way K.O. on the 2nd episode so they will have 2 week to bring back the K.O. save for the live. That what was planned, now who know how they will do it with COVID-19.