The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Couldn’t really catch much of the battle preview, but from what I remember we got:

Zan vs Brittney

Jon vs Todd

Cedrice vs Thunderstorm

Arei vs Samuel

Tayler (a glimpse of her after the battle)

So I think it’s safe to say that we’re getting Mandi vs Sara and Jacob vs Kevin as montages next week? Since Megan vs Samantha is heavily rumored to end up in a save so we’re not getting that montaged of course....but they were the only other “confirmed” full battles not to be shown. I could be wrong tho...maybe they gave us a glimpse at one of the montaged battles (I’m not sure if that’s happened before tho)

6 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Couldn’t really catch much of the battle preview, but from what I remember we got:

Zan vs Brittney

Jon vs Todd

Cedrice vs Thunderstorm

Arei vs Samuel

So I think it’s safe to say that we’re getting Mandi vs Sara and Jacob vs Kevin as montages next week? Since Megan vs Samantha is heavily rumored to end up in a save so we’re not getting that montaged of course....but they were the only other “confirmed” full battles not to be shown. I could be wrong tho...maybe they gave us a glimpse at one of the montaged battles (I’m not sure if that’s happened before tho)

Also, I don’t think Mandi being montaged (if she is) necessarily means that she lost her knockout, in the past seasons (with knockouts) they’ve montaged people who got to playoffs (except for Claire DeJean, Calvin Lockett),

Edit: Pure predictions and speculations btw, we don’t even know if we’re getting montages, even though it seems likely 

Edited by TheVoiceFan2

11 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Zan vs Brittney

Jon vs Todd

Cedrice vs Thunderstorm

Arei vs Samuel

I actually think Tayler and Jules would be the more likely montage, because Mandi's going outside of opera and I think they'd want to show that side of her. On the other hand, Tayler and Jules' voices just sound like they're going to clash.

31 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I actually think Tayler and Jules would be the more likely montage, because Mandi's going outside of opera and I think they'd want to show that side of her. On the other hand, Tayler and Jules' voices just sound like they're going to clash.

Yes, but Mandi and Sara's battle got wasn't really well received by the coaches:

2. Team Kelly: Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins - My Baby Loves Me (Martina McBride)

-Mandi was better; Blake said both were sharp - focusing more on Sara. Kelly said Sara had no vibrato because she runs out of air, while Mandi could do a variety of genres

While Tayler/Jules also got some mixed feedback, but it wasn't as negative/harsh as what they said to Sara apparently.

3. Team Kelly: Tayler Green vs. Jules - Water Under the Bridge (Adele)

-Tayler was good, but Nick commented that she needed to hold back a bit on some parts

-Blake said Jules' enunciation and the way she affected her voice made it hard to understand her

I'm leaning Mandi/Sara and Jacob/Kevin as the montages.

2 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Zan vs Brittney

Jon vs Todd

Cedrice vs Thunderstorm

Arei vs Samuel

Oh thank the divines lol. If they montaged Zan I would have raged!

4 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Zan vs Brittney

Jon vs Todd

Cedrice vs Thunderstorm

Arei vs Samuel

Using the same logic Someone648 used, recent spring seasons have the third battle leak end in a steal. So I can see them leaking Megan vs Samantha to keep the audience waiting for Thunderstorm.

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Using the same logic Someone648 used, recent spring seasons have the third battle leak end in a steal. So I can see them leaking Megan vs Samantha to keep the audience waiting for Thunderstorm.

i hope they leak that, honestly both of the two are gonna be good

Edited by Lux~

8 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I feel like we’re likely getting Jon vs Todd, since it ends in a steal, instead of Megan vs Samantha that ends in a save.

Not sure what to speculate for the battle leak next week, but the first KO leak is always a steal/save/whatever, which means that the KO leak next week will be:

Toneisha/Cedrice - Toneisha already got leaked twice

Megan/CammWess - Neither got leaked yet

Mandi/Thunderstorm - Thunderstorm's audition got leaked

Zan/Joanna - Joanna's battle already got leaked

Unless they want a repeat, they'll leak Megan/CammWess' knockout - which is why I think it's unlikely for Megan/Samantha's battle to get leaked.

I'm leaning on the Todd/Jon battle as a likely leak instead, but anything can happen I suppose.

Edited by Someone648

Based on all available info, we also know all KO pairings

Team Kelly

Anaya vs Mandi T

Megan vs Cammwess

Micah vs Tayler

Team Nick

Allegra vs Jacob

Arei vs Roderick

Tate vs Jon

*last 2 are speculated, but I'm really confident they're right

Team John

Mandi C vs Thunderstorm

Mike vs Darious

Zan vs Joanna

Team Blake

Cam vs Todd T

Toneisha vs Cedrice

Joei vs Levi

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

Based on all available info, we also know all KO pairings

Team Kelly

Anaya vs Mandi T

Megan vs Cammwess

Micah vs Tayler

Team Nick

Allegra vs Jacob

Arei vs Roderick

Tate vs Jon

*last 2 are speculated, but I'm really confident they're right

Team John

Mandi C vs Thunderstorm

Mike vs Darious

Zan vs Joanna

Team Blake

Cam vs Todd T

Toneisha vs Cedrice

Joei vs Levi

John, Blake and Nick got the pairings right imo. But Kelly....seriously? Wtf are those pairings? Can’t wait to hear her reason for pairing Anaya vs Mandi...

12 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

John, Blake and Nick got the pairings right imo. But Kelly....seriously? Wtf are those pairings? Can’t wait to hear her reason for pairing Anaya vs Mandi...

I think it’s not all that dumb. If Kelly has Mandi T winning, Micah, and Megan winning... she could have a really strong live lineup

22 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Saying it again because it bears repeating...

HOW IN THE HELL DID MANDI BEAT THUNDERSTORM IN THE KO?

Because for some strange reason John thinks he's got a winner in Mandi...I don't know what he sees in her, but she is nowhere near as good as he thinks she is, and TBH one of the weakest 4 chair turns.

Edited by Ptones2010
  • Like 1

The Knockouts Some Results/Predictions 

Team Blake

Todd Tilghman V Cam Spinks

Toneisha Harris V Cedrice: Stolen By Kelly 

Joei Fulco V Levi Watkins 

Team John

Mandi Castillo V Thunderstorm: Stolen By Nick
Darius Lyles V Mike Jerel

Zan Fiskum V Joanna Serenko: Stolen By Blake

Team Kelly

Megan Danielle V CammWess: Stolen By John

Anaya Cheyenne V Mandi Thomas

Micah Iverson V Tayler Green 

Team Nick

Arei Moon V Roderick Chambers 

Tate Brusa V Jon Mullins

Allegra Miles V Jacob Miller

4 Way Knockout

Samantha Howell V

Todd Micheal Hall V 

Nelson Cade 3 V

Micheal Williams

Edited by VoiceTakeover890
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Team Blake

Team John

Team Kelly

Team Nick

Tate Brusa V Jon Mullins

4 Way Knockout

Samantha Howell V

Todd Micheal Hall V 

Nelson Cade 3 V

Micheal Williams

Besides Darious and Samantha winning their knockouts, I definitely see this happening.

2 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Team Blake

Team John

Team Kelly

Team Nick

Tate Brusa V Jon Mullins

4 Way Knockout

Samantha Howell V

Todd Micheal Hall V 

Nelson Cade 3 V

Micheal Williams

I could definitely see Kelly picking Anaya over Mandi but as a classically trained singer I don't think she's gonna mess up anytime soon. 

On 3/31/2020 at 7:31 AM, Someone648 said:

So the 4-way knockout:

Samantha Howell

Michael Williams

Nelson Cade III

Todd Michael Hall

Who are y'all betting on?

I’d like to see Nelson, then Samantha.

I’m not sure Michael needs to show up (no offense to him).

But in terms of actually winning it, probably TMH.