Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

any spoilers on who’s Audition is gonna be airing this week?

Edited by jus.vshn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm not impressed with this leaked audition. Still underwhelmed with this season except for a few.

Edited by VoiceFan1
error
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mandi Thomas might be on this Monday. She jus posted on her instagram urging her followers to tune in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

any spoilers on who’s Audition is gonna be airing this week?

Promo + Mandi Thomas says:

Kelly: JULES, Mandi Thomas

Nick: Jacob Miller

John: Mike Jerel,

Blake: Jon Mullins

Unplaced: Anaya Cheyenne, Jacob Daniel Murphy

 

It also seems like Jared Harper will air, but he’s a no-chair

 

-Gigi Hess is hinting she’s Monday

-Kevin Farris and Cedrice (last blind) confirmed they won’t air until 3/16

-All 4 of John’s female contestants are yet to air so we’ll get 1-2 on Monday

-No news yet from: Anders Drerup, Brittney Allen,  Cam Spinks, Kailey Abel, Mandi Castillo, Micah Iverson, Michael Williams, Roderick Chambers, Zan Fiskum

Edited by Someone648

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Promo + Mandi Thomas says:

Kelly: JULES, Mandi Thomas

Nick: Jacob Miller

John: Mike Jerel,

Blake: Jon Mullins

Unplaced: Anaya Cheyenne, Jacob Daniel Murphy

 

It also seems like Jared Harper will air, but he’s a no-chair

 

-Gigi Hess is hinting she’s Monday

-Kevin Farris and Cedrice (last blind) confirmed they won’t air until 3/16

-All 4 of John’s female contestants are yet to air so we’ll get 1-2 on Monday

-No news yet from: Anders Drerup, Brittney Allen,  Cam Spinks, Kailey Abel, Mandi Castillo, Micah Iverson, Michael Williams, Roderick Chambers, Zan Fiskum


I’m curious....is anyone excited about this episode?

Edited by TeamAudra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:


I’m curious....is anyone excited about this episode?

None of the confirmed names jump out to me as people I’ve anxiously been waiting to hear,  but I always try to stay optimistic. Even though some episodes flop pretty much entirely, the unexpectedly great auditions that for some reason don’t get 4 chair turns tend to keep me excited (I’ve been repeating Zach, Tayler, and Joei’s auditions a lot)

 

If Michael Williams and Mandi Castillo confirm, we can get both of the Jacobs, Mandis, and Mike/Michaels in the same episode though lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TeamAudra said:


I’m curious....is anyone excited about this episode?

The only contestant left that I’m REALLY waiting for is Zan Fiskum... but then again there’s always the chance for a pleasant favorite to pop up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TeamAudra said:


I’m curious....is anyone excited about this episode?

Nope.

Each episode has been worse than the one before it, and we're only three episodes in...This season is a bust! With the exception of, maybe, two artists, the blind auditions have been some of the worst we've seen. I hope things pick up as the season unfolds, but I'm not getting my hopes up for that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 8:51 AM, VoiceFan1 said:

I'm not impressed with this leaked audition. Still underwhelmed with this season except for a few.

 

34 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

Nope.

Each episode has been worse than the one before it, and we're only three episodes in...This season is a bust! With the exception of, maybe, two artists, the blind auditions have been some of the worst we've seen. I hope things pick up as the season unfolds, but I'm not getting my hopes up for that!

Not giving up yet, but true, there are some warning signs. And not sure they won't eff up with Thunderboy either. The show has a bad track record when it comes to indie-alt-folk AA males. Next thing ya know they'll have him sing Percy Sledge. Matt Schuler anyone? Hopefully the season will surprise us in a good way. :cake:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Naira said:

 

Not giving up yet, but true, there are some warning signs. And not sure they won't eff up with Thunderboy either. The show has a bad track record when it comes to indie-alt-folk AA males. Next thing ya know they'll have him sing Percy Sledge. Matt Schuler anyone? Hopefully the season will surprise us in a good way. :cake:


That’s usually what happens when the coach tries to reinvent the wheel. If we ever see him perform without his guitar (or piano), it will be a bad sign. Since he’ll be on the new coach’s team, there won’t be any excuses other than coach/TPTB incompetence if he doesn’t at least make the finale. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ptones2010 said:

Nope.

Each episode has been worse than the one before it, and we're only three episodes in...This season is a bust! With the exception of, maybe, two artists, the blind auditions have been some of the worst we've seen. I hope things pick up as the season unfolds, but I'm not getting my hopes up for that!

Not really. Zan is one of the only remaining that excites. Jon Mullins does have a pretty good voice but his style is drab. I could see him go far. I am looking forward to Cedrice Webber... I think she’s a true standout. But based on demographics the voice won’t like her. She’s the best and most authentic soul singer this season by a mile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:


That’s usually what happens when the coach tries to reinvent the wheel. If we ever see him perform without his guitar (or piano), it will be a bad sign. Since he’ll be on the new coach’s team, there won’t be any excuses other than coach/TPTB incompetence if he doesn’t at least make the finale. 

I know that you know we will definitely see him perform without his guitar 😁. His new coach will give the tired old speech that his guitar is a crutch and he should just take the stage and sing. Seeing as we know who the new coach is, we should all expect major blunders...Nick was given a gift and I can't help but think he is going to mess it up bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

I know that you know we will definitely see him perform without his guitar 😁. His new coach will give the tired old speech that his guitar is a crutch and he should just take the stage and sing. Seeing as we know who the new coach is, we should all expect major blunders...Nick was given a gift and I can't help but think he is going to mess it up bad.


Yep, even Sawyer was forced to sing without his guitar once. Part of me doesn’t have any sympathy for them, because we have females on every season, not allowed to play guitar even once, who never perform without a guitar outside of the show. They are definitely sexist in that way. I still remember Blake telling Mary Sarah to lose the guitar in the rehearsal, because “they want to see you move around.” She’s a good player too. Addison is another glaring example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Blirel said:

Not really. Zan is one of the only remaining that excites. Jon Mullins does have a pretty good voice but his style is drab. I could see him go far. I am looking forward to Cedrice Webber... I think she’s a true standout. But based on demographics the voice won’t like her. She’s the best and most authentic soul singer this season by a mile. 

I'm excited for her, too. Shame she was the last audition so we have to keep waiting.

While we don't know who Kelly's save is - we know her team going into PO's so far consists of:

-Megan Danielle

-Micah Iverson

-Cedrice Webber (KO steal)

-winner of Mandi Thomas/unknown fellow battle winner - female

 

I'd guess Mandi/Samantha with Samantha having a slight edge at being the 4th spot over Mandi, but I think that puts Cedrice in a good spot for a PV if they do 2 contestants per coach again. Megan hasn't shown she's good enough for a PV yet, Micah doesn't strike me as a strong contender since the source preferred Tayler and said even the other coaches thought Tayler should've won that KO. Cedrice has a good chance at being in the top 2 for her team with a good performance (which she's undoubtedly very capable of giving). I'd assume Samantha (if she wins her battle and KO) would get the other spot.

Edited by Someone648

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Naira said:

 

Not giving up yet, but true, there are some warning signs. And not sure they won't eff up with Thunderboy either. The show has a bad track record when it comes to indie-alt-folk AA males. Next thing ya know they'll have him sing Percy Sledge. Matt Schuler anyone? Hopefully the season will surprise us in a good way. :cake:


Matt Schuler was voted off because he shredded his voice, not because of song choices. Obviously, it would have been nice if he (and Xtina) had enough base support to get a free pass, but c’est la vie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I'd guess Mandi/Samantha with Samantha having a slight edge at being the 4th spot over Mandi, but I think that puts Cedrice in a good spot for a PV if they do 2 contestants per coach again. Megan hasn't shown she's good enough for a PV yet, Micah doesn't strike me as a strong contender since the source preferred Tayler and said even the other coaches thought Tayler should've won that KO. Cedrice has a good chance at being in the top 2 for her team with a good performance (which she's undoubtedly very capable of giving). I'd assume Samantha (if she wins her battle and KO) would get the other spot.

Maybe, even though I'm betting on Megan to get the PV... I feel she has more potential and can surprise us if Kelly coaches her well. And the audience might like her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

Maybe, even though I'm betting on Megan to get the PV... I feel she has more potential and can surprise us if Kelly coaches her well. And the audience might like her.

I feel like Megan could go deep and maybe even pull a Chevel like run if it were a normal paced season, but on a quick season like this IMO unless you’re a powerhouse or you hit the gate running there’s no time for you to catch up and establish yourself in the competition. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Agenator333 said:

I feel like Megan could go deep and maybe even pull a Chevel like run if it were a normal paced season, but on a quick season like this IMO unless you’re a powerhouse or you hit the gate running there’s no time for you to catch up and establish yourself in the competition. 
  

You're right about that.

Edited by CufaFanvoice26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

To be fair, there’s only one other performance on Youtube plus her blind, but I don’t see Megan getting very far, even if she gets a playoff public vote (a decent possibility on that team). She’s very inexperienced, and it shows. She’s 18 now, like Joanna. They don’t get the benefit of “only 16,” etc. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 2:20 PM, Someone648 said:

Promo + Mandi Thomas says:

Kelly: JULES, Mandi Thomas

Nick: Jacob Miller

John: Mike Jerel,

Blake: Jon Mullins

Unplaced: Anaya Cheyenne, Jacob Daniel Murphy

 

It also seems like Jared Harper will air, but he’s a no-chair

 

-Gigi Hess is hinting she’s Monday

-Kevin Farris and Cedrice (last blind) confirmed they won’t air until 3/16

-All 4 of John’s female contestants are yet to air so we’ll get 1-2 on Monday

-No news yet from: Anders Drerup, Brittney Allen,  Cam Spinks, Kailey Abel, Mandi Castillo, Micah Iverson, Michael Williams, Roderick Chambers, Zan Fiskum

Regarding this, Gigi is definitely tomorrow and Michael Williams has begun heavily hinting he’s tomorrow as well. Confirming at least 9 for tomorrow - possibly another few with a montage mixed in since that would leave 10 names for the final episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 8:22 PM, TeamAudra said:


I’m curious....is anyone excited about this episode?

Gotta show my love and support for Gigi. She was a good friend in college. Excited to see what she can do on a bigger stage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 6:22 PM, TeamAudra said:


I’m curious....is anyone excited about this episode?

There's one performance that I think is pretty special, I don't think they'll use it for the leaked performance though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

There's one performance that I think is pretty special, I don't think they'll use it for the leaked performance though.


The editing is almost as important as the performance. They can make a bad performance passable, and a great performance seem just decent, with sound editing, camera angles, lighting, coach comments, and what they leave on the cutting room floor. And, of course, the personality of the contestant plays a huge role in viewer perception, and ultimately vote potential. Every season is driven by an agenda (script). At this point, most of the intrigue of a season for me is trying to figure out what that agenda is. 🙂

Edited by TeamAudra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I think it’s safe to say that we’re getting one of Brittney Allen, Mandi Castillo, Or Zan Fiskum since there is a slot left open for Team John in todays episode. I’m just not sure which one yet since none of them has been very vocal about appearing today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think we’re going to get Cam Spinks tonight. He hardly ever posts anything relating to the show, and he went on his story to remind people to watch The Voice tonight....”you might see me, you might not...who knows.”   

Edited by TeamAudra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...