The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

since we know john’s whole team (and now that i have a snowflake that i desperately need to know the fate of) i decided to predict how his battles may go based on what we know (confirmed winners, losers, pairings, genres, etc.) this is pretty much all speculation tho!

- Thunderstorm vs. Cedrice - only confirmed battle pairing on John’s team

- Zan vs Brittney - Zan is confirmed to win her battle, and Brittney is the only other person on John’s team that’s even remotely stylistically similar to Zan (both folk-ish i think?)

- Mandi vs Cam - Mandi is confirmed to win her battle, and Cam is confirmed to lose. out of the remaining 5 guys on John’s team I can see Cam singing a spanish song the most, or at least a song that could line up with what Mandi does somehow. i don’t really see that with the other guys.

- Nelson vs Mike - both more old school type singers, and this would make sense because i don’t see John letting go of Nelson right away. and although we don’t know Mike yet, he seems like fodder to me compared to the rest of John’s team.

- Zach vs Darious - a very fitting Pop/R&B pairing and honestly a complete toss-up for who wins. i like both guys but i NEED zach to make it

and based on this, that would leave John’s knockouts as Mandi vs Thunderstorm (confirmed), Zan vs Joanna (confirmed), and the winners of the last two battles which imo would likely be Nelson vs whoever wins the last battle (hopefully Zach!)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a SPOILER THREAD, people will be looking for clues online, and if you can't handle that then don't read in here. Please stop targeting other members for posting something, if you think anythin

Am I the only one that’s extremely excited for tomorrow?

Ah yes, my favorite Voice coach, Jake Hoot. 😌

Posted Images

3 hours ago, FutureSurvivor said:

since we know john’s whole team (and now that i have a snowflake that i desperately need to know the fate of) i decided to predict how his battles may go based on what we know (confirmed winners, losers, pairings, genres, etc.) this is pretty much all speculation tho!

- Thunderstorm vs. Cedrice - only confirmed battle pairing on John’s team

- Zan vs Brittney - Zan is confirmed to win her battle, and Brittney is the only other person on John’s team that’s even remotely stylistically similar to Zan (both folk-ish i think?)

- Mandi vs Cam - Mandi is confirmed to win her battle, and Cam is confirmed to lose. out of the remaining 5 guys on John’s team I can see Cam singing a spanish song the most, or at least a song that could line up with what Mandi does somehow. i don’t really see that with the other guys.

- Nelson vs Mike - both more old school type singers, and this would make sense because i don’t see John letting go of Nelson right away. and although we don’t know Mike yet, he seems like fodder to me compared to the rest of John’s team.

- Zach vs Darious - a very fitting Pop/R&B pairing and honestly a complete toss-up for who wins. i like both guys but i NEED zach to make it

and based on this, that would leave John’s knockouts as Mandi vs Thunderstorm (confirmed), Zan vs Joanna (confirmed), and the winners of the last two battles which imo would likely be Nelson vs whoever wins the last battle (hopefully Zach!)

I'm predicting:

Thunderstorm vs. Cedrice (obv)

Mandi vs. Brittney (When we added Brittney, Mandi was one of the only people that connected her to the show to confirm her, so either they were battle partners or pretty close - and Brittney doesn't seem too close to many people on the show just based off of social media)

Zan vs. Darious (Based off of Darious' blind, he can fit into Zan's style pretty easily)

Nelson vs. Mike (similar enough - I agree)

Zach vs. Cam (I don't know enough about Cam so this is slightly just the "leftover" pairing, but should be interesting to see.)

8 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

Any word on the leaked audition for tomorrow?

Not sure.

And in the promo there was only one brief contestant shot (I'm pretty sure it's either Jacob Miller or Michael Williams)

Hoping I wake up to a Mandi Castillo or Zan Fiskum blind leak.

Edited by Someone648
6 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Not sure.

And in the promo there was only one brief contestant shot (I'm pretty sure it's either Jacob Miller or Michael Williams)

Hoping I wake up to a Mandi Castillo or Zan Fiskum blind leak.

i hope its thunderstorm's, his voice seems so fire

22 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

So Allegra was on Late Night with Seth Meyers and she is a two chair turn (unless John or Blake got blocked) she turned Nick and Kelly. Maybe not though, I just saw the color on the chairs and I assumed this

That appears to be the case, unless we’re being tricked by editing. 

Edited by TeamAudra
1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

That appears to be the case, unless we’re being tricked by editing. 

True, the trailer seemed to be pretty legit since her conversation with the judges didn’t really look edited, which makes me think that clip in Late Night is edited. We never know tho.

2 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

True, the trailer seemed to be pretty legit since her conversation with the judges didn’t really look edited, which makes me think that clip in Late Night is edited. We never know tho.

I’m not going to go back and watch the trailer, but this looks pretty legit. It’s probably a clip of the upcoming episode. 

Yeah, I just looked back at the sneak peek and it definitely look like she was a 4 chair turn. However, if she is a 2 chair, is there a chance that the person who leaked confused Allegra with Joana since Joana was leaked to be a 2 chair turn? Keep in mind they are both Team Nick 

1 minute ago, Someone42 said:

Yeah, I just looked back at the sneak peek and it definitely look like she was a 4 chair turn. However, if she is a 2 chair, is there a chance that the person who leaked confused Allegra with Joana since Joana was leaked to be a 2 chair turn? Keep in mind they are both Team Nick 

Upon further inspection, it appears that she is in fact a 2 chair turn and the first clip shown of Kelly offering her jacket is from a different contestant. 

36 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Thunderstorm’s the sneak peek.

I mentioned in another thread that the top 3 Blind Auditions I saw at the taping I attended hadn't aired yet. This is one of the three. Audrey Morrissey mentioned in the Parade article that there was a contestant this season that was made her think of Javier Colon, I'm pretty sure it's Thunderstorm she's referring to. 

Supposedly, Thunderstorm messed something up in his KO, but on the surface, it looks like John threw away a potential finalist in this pairing. Mandi better be really good. 

TEAM JOHN

Mandi Castillo (Stand By Me - Ben E. King) vs. Thunderstorm Artis (Preach - John Legend) - STOLEN BY NICK

-Both were good, Thunderstorm has a unique tone but messed up the beginning of his song

-Both were originally 4 chair turns

On 2/3/2020 at 12:16 AM, echoap said:

FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF SOME CONTESTANTS:

Cam Spinks: Potential snowflake killer. However, he doesn't have a cute daughter, so he's not gonna win. He'll "only" make the finale. lol. 

Micah Iverson: A potential winner in Kelly's mind. LMFAO Kelly, this is not AI. 

Toneisha Harris: The diva of the season. That's all the info we need to know that she's gonna make semis, at least. 

Joei Fulco: Too hot for team minivan. 

Megan Danielle: Claire DeJean reincarnated. Claire > Megan, though. 

Cedrice Webber: Contestant with potential but her vocals aren't that strong, I think. 

Mandi Thomas: Already outsold Katie Kadan. A lock for the lives on team Kelly. 

Mandi Castillo: She sings in Spanish so Kelly is probably very impressed. Maybe a lock for the lives? 

Zan Fiskum: She's really good, but I don't think she's got the charisma to be a frontrunner. 

Cam Wesley: A potential winner in my mind. Can't believe he got dumped twice. 

Thunderstorm Artis: Another potential threat but somehow he ended up in Nick's team. I don't see synergy there. 

Samantha Howell: I really do hope she does well on the show 😍

This post is getting relevant nowadays :giggle:

Really good audition by Thunderstorm, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna enjoy his run on the show. :thumbs:

5 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

50/50 they sneak peeked him due to his singing/being named Thunderstorm.

Or that he ends up on the new coach’s team. 

Maybe Nick didn’t have any finale worthy contestants, so they decided to throw him a bone. 

Edited by TeamAudra
3 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Thunderstorm’s the sneak peek.

Woah, that was surprisingly awesome! Now I’m super curious to see what dumb excuse John’s gonna try to use to dump this guy for singing one of his songs. 

Edited by lindsey-grey
11 minutes ago, lindsey-grey said:

Woah, that was surprisingly awesome! Now I’m super curious to see what dumb excuse John’s gonna try to use to dump this guy for singing one of his songs. 

It's ego.  Plain and simple.  He didn't turn for Kalvin Jarvis or Rose Short when they both sang his songs (and did them very well, possibly better than he did), so it's unsurprising that he'd dump Thunderstorm for doing the same.  If it is for the little hiccup, while Mandi does her song perfectly, then it's understandable.  If it's really just because he sang his song and he "overthought" it (the same lame excuse he gave Rose for not turning for her), then he needs to get the hell over himself.

31 minutes ago, lindsey-grey said:

I'm just saying - it's about time that another coach doesn't reward their contestant for "recovering" despite screwing up.

JHud rescued Stephan Marcellus for his blind screwup and he didn't deserve his chair, she wasted a steal on Colton Smith in KO's even though he botched his performance (although for his there was a bit of a reason for screwing up).

We'll have to wait and see how he actually screwed up.

I just know that if they're close in quality overall, I'm rewarding the person that didn't screw up at all.