idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Waiting to see Gigi. Hoping she gets a turn. Fellow South Plains College Alumni. Have to support a friend!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Okay, so we have our first semifinalist, Diva, team Blake...

Edited by CufaFanvoice26

19 hours ago, seak05 said:

I think he was saying that artists who don't accept coaching don't work on the show, and trying to say it nicely by saying they had their own artistic style

That's actually sort of true, and wouldn't surprise me if that was why John let Mendeleyev go so soon last season (though he really should nt haev picked John in the first place, so that was also on him).  Five seasons before that, it also wouldn't be much of a shocker if that was why Adam let Kawan DeBose go so quickly.

Toneisha sounded good, but I was expecting more. Hopefully her KO lives up to the hype.

• Like 1

Average Diva with a likeable personality. Not my cup of tea but she'll make semis regardless.

Forget about Blake picking Joanna over Toneisha though lol. 

2 hours ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

Okay, so we have our first semifinalist, Diva, team Blake...

I'm not so sure about that. She was definitely good, but that was nothing spectacular and picking Blake may not have been the smartest move.  Blake has not been the best with diva type singers and it'll most likely be game over for her on that team when his male country singer hits the stage. Time will tell...

49 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

I'm not so sure about that. She was definitely good, but that was nothing spectacular and picking Blake may not have been the smartest move.  Blake has not been the best with diva type singers and it'll most likely be game over for her on that team when his male country singer hits the stage. Time will tell...

Blake’s usually pretty powerful with his African American girls.

i mean he got Kyla, Spensha and Aliyah Moulden to the finale, and all of them got the PV in bloodbath.

1 hour ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Blake’s usually pretty powerful with his African American girls.

i mean he got Kyla, Spensha and Aliyah Moulden to the finale, and all of them got the PV in bloodbath.

Kyla got crushed at the last minute, Spensha was country, and I don't remember Aliyah at all...but okay.

Edited by Ptones2010

It’s interesting that we have 4 contestants who competed in the 4 way KO who won’t have their performance voted on for two months! Technically, they are still “in,” but their life is on hold until they air and are voted on. That would suck!

I suspect it applies to one of the Todds. Based on spoilers, they couldn’t have both made it to the PO/T17. 

Edited by TeamAudra

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s interesting that we have 4 contestants who competed in the 4 way KO who won’t have their performance voted on for two months! Technically, they are still “in,” but their life is on hold until they air and are voted on. That would suck!

I suspect it applies to one of the Todds. Based on spoilers, they couldn’t have both made it to the PO/T17. 

Why is there a 4 way KO for 4 certain contestants this season? How were the 4 chosen to participate?

20 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

Why is there a 4 way KO for 4 certain contestants this season? How were the 4 chosen to participate?

There was only one steal per coach in the battle round plus one save. The 4 saved contestants advanced to the 4-way KO. They’ve already performed, but won’t know the results until they air, and are voted on by the audience. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

i think they're each of the coach's 1 save

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

Kyla got crushed at the last minute, Spensha was country, and I don't remember Aliyah at all...but okay.

Blake's track record of getting African-American divas to the finals is much better then anyone else's....of course that's also not saying much

levi really makes playoffs? that blind was not very good so hopefully he improves by KOs. at least Joanna will have a better chance :haha:

nvm I was reading battle spoilers I thought it was KOs

Edited by rp3598

1 minute ago, rp3598 said:

levi really makes playoffs? that blind was not very good so hopefully he improves by KOs. at least Joanna will have a better chance :haha:

No he lost his KO and went home. 

1 minute ago, rp3598 said:

No, he got eliminated in Knockouts. He lost to Joei Fulco.

46 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

No, he got eliminated in Knockouts. He lost to Joei Fulco.

2 rounds too late

10 hours ago, HHuntSPC said:

Waiting to see Gigi. Hoping she gets a turn. Fellow South Plains College Alumni. Have to support a friend!

welcome9.gif

On 2/24/2020 at 7:57 PM, istersay said:

Joey's kids

Children: Griffin Thomas McIntyre, Rhys Edward McIntyre, Kira Katherine McIntyre

even if they have their own style  they should listen to constructive suggestions

Thank you for clearing that up. I am a fan of the new kids

20 minutes ago, Summer Overby said:

Is it 2 or 3 weeks of the blind Auditions? 

Someone (I believe it was Gigi or Samantha) mentioned there would be 4 weeks on their Instagram story on premiere night, but they didn't sound too confident.

I think 4 weeks sounds right.

8+5 = 13

27 spots left, 3 episodes = 9 blinds for 3 2-hour episodes to go.

• Like 1

Probably out of the topic, but I really hope this season gets better. There's really no one I'm excited for yet. Whose audition are you guys excited to see?

6 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Probably out of the topic, but I really hope this season gets better. There's really no one I'm excited for yet. Whose audition are you guys excited to see?

Personally, Mandi Castillo and Zan Fiskum are the two I'm looking forward to the most.

It will be interesting to see what TPTB does to try to prevent a consecutive male country winner. The best singers we’ve seen so far have varying degrees of genre disconnect with the core audience. Maybe they’ll just let Blake win to keep him happy. 

Edited by TeamAudra