idolforums.com
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

4 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Is it confirmed that Isabel didn’t make it?

Yeah, It’s highly likely. According to her IG stories, she was in Europe around the time of battles and knockouts tapings. 

The voice Raw footage with contestant. I haven't watched it all I have to go to work. I only preview it and saw some contestant

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

I already hate this season, but will watch regardless. 

Same, the cast seems very talented and I have a couple of favorites left, but not stan-worthy people for me so far (mainly due to genre).

Hope to change my mind later 🤕

Edited by echoap
  • Like 1

^ That why I tend to stay away from pre show contestant spoiler. Well I don't look too much into it. I don't want to hate the season before it starts. Plenty of time to hate it after it starts😋

5 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

I already hate this season, but will watch regardless. 

Yeah I kinda agree.  Having a much tougher time getting excited about this season.  Probably more to do with the format rather than the talent tho.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 9:20 PM, rhapsody99 said:

I'm assuming they will go straight from Playoffs to the semi-finals, that's how they will complete the season with only three weeks of lives total.

https://parade.com/991899/paulettecohn/the-voice-season-18/

Season 18 of The Voice will feature two changes. For the first time ever, there will only be three weeks of live shows, as opposed to the usual five or six, which means that every week will matter.

“It makes the stakes higher than ever,” Morrissey says. “You can’t scoot by on any week thinking, ‘Oh, I’m doing pretty well and we’re only losing one person this week, so I’m going to take a risk with this unusual song choice. I’m not quite sure, but I’m going to give it a go.’ There are some ramifications to that and what we ended up doing is adding some really exciting twists to the show.”

Another change is that in the Battles, there have always been two steals. This season, instead, there will be a steal and save, which is how the Knockout Rounds used to be formatted.

“What’s interesting is the steal is someone who joins their team,” Morrissey explains, “The person they save ultimately ends up being part of a four-way Knockout. So, each coach has one save and that person isn’t necessarily part of their team or part of a knockout between two people on their own team. All four of them go into the first-ever four-way knockout. And then instead of that four-way knockout being adjudicated by the coaches, that four-way knockout will be voted on by viewers. And we’ll reveal the winner of that knockout in the first week of lives, essentially our playoffs, so that’s very new. Viewers are able to vote in the show earlier than ever before.”

:/

So the first of only 3 weeks of lives is essencially the playoffs. Morrissey said it. She the executive producer, the showrunner. So there you have it. Direcly from the Playoffs to the semi-finals

:closedeyes::no::/

• Thanks 1

17-8-4

It’s not clear, but I’ll bet the 4-way KO performances already happened, so we’ll be voting on taped performances, and the winner will be revealed during the first week of lives. That way, they don’t have to fly all 4 of them back to LA. Just a guess...

This terrible structure has to be a reaction to poor ratings, right? Lower ratings, less episodes.

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

17-8-4

It’s not clear, but I’ll bet the 4-way KO performances already happened, so we’ll be voting on taped performances, and the winner will be revealed during the first week of lives. That way, they don’t have to fly all 4 of them back to LA. Just a guess...

Yep for me it's been confirm by Alan Carter video I've made a screenshot of it here . They say the 4-way K.O. happened "Tonight" ie During the last filming session of the K.O. 

Just now, Dany said:

Yep for me it's been confirm by Alan Carter video I've made a screenshot of it here . They say the 4-way K.O. happened "Tonight" ie During the last filming session of the K.O. 

True...plus, they wouldn’t call it a KO if it was done during the first live show. It would basically be a “comeback” if that were the case. 

Rather than 17-8-4, I could see them doing 17-12-4, for viewer retention reasons. Either way sucks, IMO. 

The only question in my mind is whether it will be a straight vote from the T17, like the T20 they did in the last Spring season, or whether it will be standard playoff format. Since she called it a “playoff,” it’s more than likely the latter. 

I’m not at all excited for this.  

Wow... so it's basically gonna be impossible to get invested in anyone over the course of the season, because by the time the taped portions are done the entire season will be nearly over! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Wow... so it's basically gonna be impossible to get invested in anyone over the course of the season, because by the time the taped portions are done the entire season will be nearly over! 

Yeah pretty much.

• Like 1

Genuinely wanna sit down with people who enthusiastically watch that Ellen garbage. Just wanna talk...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Genuinely wanna sit down with people who enthusiastically watch that Ellen garbage. Just wanna talk...

As someone who’s actually seen it... it’s just... bad.

it’s really cringey and I just don’t find it funny at all. I gave it one episode and that was it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

just give each of the coach a talk show, damn

• Like 1

At least we still have live rounds, with some voting, and not a whole season of taped competition. Although if there's a lot of ratings drop-off from blinds to lives, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut down the lives to just semis and finals. ro1ld96.gif

Edited by season1

For the record, 10/13 weeks of this season will be pre-taped. That's about 77% of the entire season.

So yeah, over 3/4ths of this entire season has already been recorded.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

There’s nothing magical about live shows that makes people invested. The problem is that they are cutting rounds, so each contestant gets fewer opportunities to sing. That’s what gets people invested—hearing a singer multiple times over the course of a season. The more you get to sing (up to a point, obviously, since overexposure is a thing!), the more people can get a sense of you as a singer. Live or taped really doesn’t matter, IMO.

I doubt they will would do 17-12-4. Too big of a cut when it can be distributed better. I can imagine t2 of each team of the t17 will go through  and then normal semifinal week

On 2/15/2020 at 1:43 PM, rp3598 said:

I doubt they will would do 17-12-4. Too big of a cut when it can be distributed better. I can imagine t2 of each team of the t17 will go through  and then normal semifinal week

Agreed. It would be too big of a cut, but I can't imagine an all-male t8 when we get to the semifinal, even though I want my pre-season faves, Joanna and Samantha in the finale.

Edited by CandiceFan12