The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

On 1/29/2020 at 9:36 PM, TheVoiceFan2 said:

The Voice ain’t ready for Isabel lol. But does anyone know if she actually audition and didn’t turn a chair? Or did she not make it even before that?

No idea but there's only two possibilities: either the show is "saving" her for a different season or she just didn't turn a chair. I'm guessing the first option. 👼

On 1/28/2020 at 2:32 AM, Someone648 said:

TEAM NICK

Allegra Miles (Chandelier - Sia) vs. Jacob Miller (TBA)

-Average KO, No steal

Average my a$$! :haha: jk

Allegra will probably be Nick's frontrunner in the live shows. She has also potential to be the "OMG, you're only x-teen" contestant of the season; she's too good for her age and has a nice contemporary voice. 

Add me! 

13 minutes ago, echoap said:

Average my a$$! :haha: jk

Allegra will probably be Nick's frontrunner in the live shows. She has also potential to be the "OMG, you're only x-teen" contestant of the season; she's too good for her age and has a nice contemporary voice. 

Add me! 

She’s 17 according to her Facebook page. I haven’t had a chance to listen to her much, but I’ll check it out later. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

She’s 17 according to her Facebook page. I haven’t had a chance to listen to her much, but I’ll check it out later. 

You're gonna love her tone and there's a chance you may like her pop-soul style. 

Levi was supposed to be the 14 y/o wonder but thankfully our good ol' Blake got rid of him already :muwahaha:

Edited by echoap

25 minutes ago, echoap said:

You're gonna love her tone and there's a chance you may like her pop-soul style. 

Levi was supposed to be the 14 y/o wonder but thankfully our good ol' Blake got rid of him already :muwahaha:

OK, I listened to her first 8-10 Instagram clips. She has a nice tone, but needs to work on enunciation. She slurs the lyrics. As of now, I don’t think I can get past that, but since she’s young, maybe she’ll improve on the show, working with the vocal coaches. Or, maybe that’s just her style, a lot of people will like it, and it’s just me. I’ll listen to more later just to make sure. 

Edited by TeamAudra

53 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

OK, I listened to her first 8-10 Instagram clips. She has a nice tone, but needs to work on enunciation. She slurs the lyrics. As of now, I don’t think I can get past that, but since she’s young, maybe she’ll improve on the show, working with the vocal coaches. Or, maybe that’s just her style, a lot of people will like it, and it’s just me. I’ll listen to more later just to make sure. 

Yeah, that's a very 2020 thingy. Post millennials are gonna love her. :haha:

I usually hate mumbling but she's not over the top, so I'll give her a pass. Other than that, she seems creative and fearless so definitely my kind of singer. 

5 minutes ago, echoap said:

Yeah, that's a very 2020 thingy. Post millennials are gonna love her. :haha:

I usually hate mumbling but she's not over the top, so I'll give her a pass. Other than that, she seems creative and fearless so definitely my kind of singer. 

“Mumbling” is a better description than slurring. I guess if that’s her style, and she’s doing it on purpose, I can accept it, but I still might not like it. I’ll keep an open mind until I hear her on the show. 

Edited by TeamAudra

So if Samantha Howell is rumored to have reached the knockouts in Team Kelly and we assume that’s true...

The remaining knockout for Team Kelly would be Mandi Thomas vs Samantha Howell right?

That would complete the Team Kelly knockout pairs being

Micah Iverson vs Tayler Green

Megan Danielle vs Cam Wesley

Mandi Thomas vs Samantha Howell (possibly)

FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF SOME CONTESTANTS:

Cam Spinks: Potential snowflake killer. However, he doesn't have a cute daughter, so he's not gonna win. He'll "only" make the finale. lol. 

Micah Iverson: A potential winner in Kelly's mind. LMFAO Kelly, this is not AI. 

Toneisha Harris: The diva of the season. That's all the info we need to know that she's gonna make semis, at least. 

Joei Fulco: Too hot for team minivan. 

Megan Danielle: Claire DeJean reincarnated. Claire > Megan, though. 

Cedrice Webber: Contestant with potential but her vocals aren't that strong, I think. 

Mandi Thomas: Already outsold Katie Kadan. A lock for the lives on team Kelly. 

Mandi Castillo: She sings in Spanish so Kelly is probably very impressed. Maybe a lock for the lives? 

Zan Fiskum: She's really good, but I don't think she's got the charisma to be a frontrunner. 

Cam Wesley: A potential winner in my mind. Can't believe he got dumped twice. 

Thunderstorm Artis: Another potential threat but somehow he ended up in Nick's team. I don't see synergy there. 

Samantha Howell: I really do hope she does well on the show 😍

Edited by echoap

I’m actually having a hard time getting a good read on this batch of contestants. The only only who I would consider minivan bait is Cam Spinks. Trying to pick likely frontrunners out of this batch isn’t easy, knowing the voting patterns of the audience. I had thought Joanna was a good bet to be around for a long time, but losing both the battle and KO complicates things quite a bit. Obviously, the producers will play a big role with their bag of tricks. I don’t see anyone besides Cam S. coasting to the top 12 (assuming he won his KO).

Edited by TeamAudra

On 1/30/2020 at 11:26 PM, Archanium said:

No spoilers for the other KO tapings? 

There was only one other taping. Considering that it's now pretty easy to get your preferred taping choice I'm not surprised if vet taping goers all went to the first one, it's the more interesting one because all the steals are in play.

On 2/1/2020 at 6:14 PM, TheVoiceFan2 said:

So if Samantha Howell is rumored to have reached the knockouts in Team Kelly and we assume that’s true...

The remaining knockout for Team Kelly would be Mandi Thomas vs Samantha Howell right?

That would complete the Team Kelly knockout pairs being

Micah Iverson vs Tayler Green

Megan Danielle vs Cam Wesley

Mandi Thomas vs Samantha Howell (possibly)

I think Samantha beat Mandi in the KO. 

We may have a Live Playoffs.

Behind the scene by staff,Alan Carter, the Director. We hear Carson Daily say live playoffs. around 5:00 mark at 4:58 you can see a bit of the teleprompter he talk about the 4 way knockout and the live playoffs

2 hours ago, seak05 said:

Have you all seen the Ellen Game of Games ratings? If I'm NBC I'm doing all the voice Tuesday episodes. 

But yes definitely a 4 way knockout, and live play-offs. 

WTF was NBC thinking?

I just looked at Ellen’s ratings so far. They’ve all been a 1.0, not even cracking 5 million viewers. Even S16 of The Voice performed way better.

39 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

WTF was NBC thinking?

I just looked at Ellen’s ratings so far. They’ve all been a 1.0, not even cracking 5 million viewers. Even S16 of The Voice performed way better.

Maybe it’s a package deal with her talk show which does extremely well? 

Because otherwise, the programmers at NBC are idiots. The Voice S17 Tuesdays did really well and Ellen did not.

2 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Maybe it’s a package deal with her talk show which does extremely well? 

Because otherwise, the programmers at NBC are idiots. The Voice S17 Tuesdays did really well and Ellen did not.

Maybe the difference in cost vs. ad revenue still makes Game of Games come out ahead of The Voice even if the ratings are much lower. Are the coaches paid per episode? 

3 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

Maybe the difference in cost vs. ad revenue still makes Game of Games come out ahead of The Voice even if the ratings are much lower. Are the coaches paid per episode? 

Coaches are paid per season, and at least so far the axing of Tuesday shows has not had a big impact on the number of days coaches work. So I’m not actually sure it’s a money saver either. 

Happy new year IDF! Love what y'all did with the place! 😍😍

Now let's see how the spoilers went..... 

*scans*

WELP. Serves me right for picking faves early. 😅😵

Looking at the current known people who made it, the only one that seems right up my alley is Todd Tilghman. Anxious to see his audition. 

Hey guys, sorry that's I've been super inactive for like a week now lol. My work schedule got crazy and had me working from home on my "days off"

Anyways, just wanted to comment that I'd found a new potential name who may be familiar to some people (she was on AGT Season 10 - she got eliminated in Judge Cuts):

Brittney Allen Instagram | Youtube

She's followed by Joanna, Mandi, and others - Mandi Castillo's follow was very recent. I'm leaning towards her being a chair turner. She's got decent vocals but as seen on AGT, she's struggled in the past. Hopefully she's worked on that stage fright.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2