idolforums.com
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

6 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Of course John didn't choose Thunderstorm when singing his own song 🙃

When John said he gets too stuck on his own version (with Kalvin) or overthinks things (with Rose), he wasn't kidding!

23 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Of course she isn't.  "Mystery" excuse and all that jazz.🙄

I can guarantee that if she thought about sharing, she sure won't be now. 🙄

34 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Of course she isn't.  "Mystery" excuse and all that jazz.🙄

Nope. NDA. She was pretty clear about that last time. 

7 hours ago, katybay said:

It seems to make the most sense, given shortened episodes.  Honestly ok with this idea, it won't be such an unjustified bloodbath like the S16 cross battles/playoffs.  Less people to get invested in and potentially be disappointed.  Less people, means less forgotten. 

10 per team

(5 battles each)

6 per team/Knockouts

(3 knockouts per team) 

1 chosen out of battle save

Top 17- 4 per team (one team gets 5)

Top 12/13

Top 8

Top 4

This makes a lot of sense to me. There’s no need for a team by team playoff round with a top 17. If they do this....advantage Blake (I’m here for it). 

The article on the first page says there will only be 3 weeks of live shows, but maybe that’s not accurate. If that were the case, they’d probably have to go from 17 to 8, or something along those lines. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Allison Grace had a show January 23rd does that mean she’s out? 

(Sorry if this has been already discussed and I missed it I’m having trouble keeping up this preseason)

How does the four way knockout work? Like was it already filmed, and they will air it with the rest of the knockouts with a voting opening after that or has it not been filmed yet and the contestants do that live? Idk I’m a little confused.

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

This makes a lot of sense to me. There’s no need for a team by team playoff round with a top 17. If they do this....advantage Blake (I’m here for it). 

The article on the first page says there will only be 3 weeks of live shows, but maybe that’s not accurate. If that were the case, they’d probably have to go from 17 to 8, or something along those lines. 

the playoffs could also be taped due to some scheduling conflict and then we still have 3 weeks of live shows for t12/13, t8, and t4

38 minutes ago, rp3598 said:

the playoffs could also be taped due to some scheduling conflict and then we still have 3 weeks of live shows for t12/13, t8, and t4

It could. I’d even prefer that to the standard playoff format. 

We’ll have to keep an eye on the ticket site.  

12 hours ago, seak05 said:

Question, are you willing to divulge the team sizes? 

I don't explicitly know the answer, I can only make an assumption based on the four way Knockout. Such a  format change would only make sense if the number of people on a team going into the Knockout round is an odd number, right? Just from a logical standpoint that's what makes sense. 

• Like 1

Teams following KO tapings. 

Blake

Confirmed:

Toneisha Harris

Joei Fulco

Joanna Serenko - KO steal from John

On Blake’s team going into KOs, but the result is unknown:

Cam Spinks  

Kelly

Confirmed:

Micah Iverson

Megan Danielle

Cedrice Webber - KO steal from Blake

On Kelly’s team going into KO, but the result is unknown: 

Mandi Thomas 

John

Confirmed:

Mandi Castillo

Zan Fiskum

Cam Wesley - KO steal from Kelly

Nick

Confirmed:

Allegra Miles

Thunderstorm Artis - KO steal from John

On Nick’s team going into the KO, but the result is unknown: 

Arei Moon

Contestants who likely made the KO round whose results are unknown, and teams have not been confirmed

These are pretty solid:

Samantha Howell - Social media evidence. I suspect Team Kelly based on follows/followers. 

Todd Tilghman - Social media evidence

Brandin Jay - Social media evidence

A little less solid, but probably a good bet:

Jon Mullins 

Todd Michael Hall 

Confirmed chair turners who haven’t been ruled in or out

If anyone has evidence of either of these being in or out following battles, let me know, and I’ll edit this. 

Tate Brusa - I suspect team Nick based on follows. 

Michael Williams 

If there are names that should be added to the list of possibilities, let me know. 

It’s definitely looking like a top 16 (17 including the 4-way KO winner) is a real possibility. 

—————

Edited by TeamAudra

32 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Teams following KO tapings. 

Blake

Confirmed:

Toneisha Harris

Joei Fulco

Joanna Serenko - KO steal from John

On Blake’s team going into KOs, but the result is unknown:

Cam Spinks  

Kelly

Confirmed:

Micah Iverson

Megan Danielle

Cedrice Webber - KO steal from Blake

On Kelly’s team going into KO, but the result is unknown: 

Mandi Thomas 

John

Confirmed:

Mandi Castillo

Zan Fiskum

Cam Wesley - KO steal from Kelly

Nick

Confirmed:

Allegra Miles

Thunderstorm Artis - KO steal from John

On Nick’s team going into the KO, but the result is unknown: 

Arei Moon

Contestants who likely made the KO round whose results are unknown, and teams have not been confirmed

These are pretty solid:

Samantha Howell - Social media evidence. I suspect Team Kelly based on follows/followers. 
Brandin Jay - Social media evidence 

Todd Tilghman - Social media evidence 

A little less solid, but probably a good bet:

Jon Mullins 

Todd Michael Hall 

Confirmed chair turners who haven’t been ruled in or out

If anyone has evidence of either of these being in or out following battles, let me know, and I’ll edit this. 

Tate Brusa - I suspect team Nick based on Follows. 

Michael Williams 

If there are names that should be added to the list of possibilities, let me know. 

It’s definitely looking like a top 16 (17 including the 4-way KO winner) is a real possibility. 

—————

Brandin is confirmed Knockouts. He and Cam were in a battle on Team John and Brandin won, but Cam got stolen.

4 minutes ago, indii said:

Brandin is confirmed Knockouts. He and Cam were in a battle on Team John and Brandin won, but Cam got stolen.

I don’t see that in the spoilers. Where did that info come from?

On 1/28/2020 at 2:32 AM, Someone648 said:

TEAM KELLY

Megan Danielle (Piece by Piece - Kelly Clarkson) vs. Cam Wesley (Say Something - A Great Big World) - STOLEN BY JOHN (Nick tried stealing as well)

-Cam got a standing ovation; both were very emotional

-Cam was originally Team John, faced Brandin Jay in battles, they apparently sang Señorita...

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t see that in the spoilers. Where did that info come from?

14 minutes ago, indii said:

Got it. Thanks. I edited it. 

Edited by TeamAudra

The last time they did taped play-offs they were filmed shortly after knockouts. Currently 1iota has no voice taping's scheduled. Flying contestants into and out of LA is an expense. If they were going to do taped play-offs at this point, I would expect them to film relatively close to when they would have filmed for live shows i.e. not till the end of March.

Well, seems like TPTB didn't want Isabel to outshine everyone this season either :haha:. I'll proceed to wait for season 19 then. 😂🔫

33 minutes ago, echoap said:

Well, seems like TPTB didn't want Isabel to outshine everyone this season either :haha:. I'll proceed to wait for season 19 then. 😂🔫

The Voice ain’t ready for Isabel lol. But does anyone know if she actually audition and didn’t turn a chair? Or did she not make it even before that?

Hey, busy week for me so I'll keep this part short -

I've been informed by another source that the part of the spoilers saying Brandin and Cam Wesley were battle partners is incorrect, although it is accurate that Cam was stolen from Team John. I expected that something was up when it said that Brandin/Cam did Senorita - 2 guys doing Senorita would be incredibly uncomfortable lol. I assumed when I read it that Cam was a woman so I didn't question until after. Glad I got the message confirming that that part was incorrect.

So:

-Cam W. was originally from Team John and was stolen in battles (they did not recall who the battle partner was)

-Brandin Jay is not confirmed to be on Team John anymore, but is still confirmed as a chair turner that likely made KO's based on his location/stories. 

-The source backed up everything else from THEVOICENEWS' knockout spoilers as apparently accurate.

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Hey, busy week for me so I'll keep this part short -

I've been informed by another source that the part of the spoilers saying Brandin and Cam Wesley were battle partners is incorrect, although it is accurate that Cam was stolen from Team John. I expected that something was up when it said that Brandin/Cam did Senorita - 2 guys doing Senorita would be incredibly uncomfortable lol. I assumed when I read it that Cam was a woman so I didn't question until after. Glad I got the message confirming that that part was incorrect.

So:

-Cam W. was originally from Team John and was stolen in battles (they did not recall who the battle partner was)

-Brandin Jay is not confirmed to be on Team John anymore, but is still confirmed as a chair turner that likely made KO's based on his location/stories. 

-The source backed up everything else from THEVOICENEWS' knockout spoilers as apparently accurate.

Is there still no confirmation regarding the team numbers?

5 hours ago, indodol said:

Is there still no confirmation regarding the team numbers?

Not at the moment, but I can see it going either way at this point.

40 is what The Voice UK’s had for the past few seasons but their format for KO’s is a bit different then what’s already been established based on the source.

4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Not at the moment, but I can see it going either way at this point.

40 is what The Voice UK’s had for the past few seasons but their format for KO’s is a bit different then what’s already been established based on the source.

Just from a cost savings perspective, 40 makes way more sense. Especially in a shortened season. It would also result in fewer montages. Each season only has a handful of contenders anyway. 

Edited by TeamAudra

42 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Just from a cost savings perspective, 40 makes way more sense. Especially in a shortened season. It would also result in fewer montages. Each season only has a handful of contenders anyway. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I defined this before, but if they had 40 contestants it could be like this:

Auditions - 4 weeks, 10 chair turns per episode for 40 chair turns.

Battles: 3 weeks, 6/7 per episode (2 might have to be shortclipped). 28 contestants survive the battles eliminating 12, but the 4 saved contestants go straight to playoffs for a wildcard vote. 24 contestants going into KOs.

KOs: 2 weeks, 6 KOs per episode for 12 total. 8 contestants are eliminated for a top 16.

Playoffs: Assumed live (meaning this makes 4 weeks of lives instead of 3) - If Monday only then the top 13 would be decided in one night (live voting), otherwise the top 16 would perform Monday and results Tuesday (I remember S16 initially had 6 weeks of Monday only and not 4 like we got). Top 2 votes for each team advance, coach saves one more. The saved contestants from the battles participate in a wild card that works exactly like it did in S17.

Top 13->Top 8->Top 4

Seems semi reasonable ¯\_()_/¯ 

Think of it this way....if it were 12 per team, with only one battle steal per coach (plus a save, but there will reportedly be a 4-way KO to choose only one), they’d go into the KO with teams of 7. It wouldn’t work! Maybe we’re all wrong, and it will be something totally unexpected. 

——

For a T16....

11 contestants are confirmed to have advanced: Toneisha, Joei, Joanna, Micah, Megan, Cedrice, Mandi C., Zan, Cam W. Allegra, Thunderstorm

So, we need 10 more names (5 KO winners and 5 KO losers)

We have...

6 who certainly made the KO: Cam S., Mandi T., Arei, Samantha, Todd T., Brandin 

4 who may have made the KO: Jon, Todd Michael Hall, Tate, Michael W 

I’ll be surprised if all of the last group made the KO. There may still be a name or two that we’re unaware of. 

I may have missed it but what evidence is there to support Tate getting a chair turn or making it to the knockouts?

28 minutes ago, Someone42 said:

I may have missed it but what evidence is there to support Tate getting a chair turn or making it to the knockouts?

EDIT: I just noticed that  this is a different “Someone.”  LOL. Maybe Someone648 will answer. 

Edited by TeamAudra