idolforums.com
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

4 minutes ago, VOICENEWS said:

She was on Team Nick for battles but lost, she's Johns battle steal and Blakes KO steal

Pretty much the same people who got stolen during the battles lose their KO and get re-stolen LOL

Yikes. Sounds like she's probably toast going into the playoffs then. She has a lot of vocal skill, and a big range, but she's probably singing her indie jazz style on the show. It is what it is.

27 minutes ago, VOICENEWS said:

She was on Team Nick for battles but lost, she's Johns battle steal and Blakes KO steal

Pretty much the same people who got stolen during the battles lose their KO and get re-stolen LOL

oooh i see those KO spoilers 👀

Happy to see Joanna in the playoffs but yeah she's probably toast, triple steals rarely survive playoffs and Blake's almost always loyal to his original team (unless he's totally blown away by a steal).

For those who are desperate for spoilers 🙂 I will let someone648 post the rest 

TEAM BLAKE

Cedrice Webber (Love on the brain by Rihanna) vs Toneisha Harris (Diamonds by Rihanna)

TEAM KELLY

Cam Wesley (Say Something by A Great Big World ) vs Megan Danielle (Piece by Piece by Kelly Clarkson)

TEAM NICK

Allegra Miles (Chandelier by Sia) vs Jacob TBA

TEAM JOHN

Thunderstorm Artis (Preach by John) vs Mandi Castillo (Stand by Me Ben E. King)

TEAM JOHN

Joanna Serenko (Angel From Montgomery by Bonnie Raitt) vs Zan Fiskum (The story by Brandi Carlile)

TEAM BLAKE

Joei Fulco (TBA) vs Levi Watkins (TBA)

TEAM KELLY

Micah Iverson (Graveyard by Halsey vs Taylor Green (Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper)

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, VOICENEWS said:

TEAM BLAKE

Cedrice Webber (Love on the brain by Rihanna) vs Toneisha Harris (Diamonds by Rihanna)

TEAM KELLY

Cam Wesley (Say Something by A Great Big World ) vs Megan Danielle (Piece by Piece by Kelly Clarkson)

TEAM NICK

Allegra Miles (Chandelier by Sia) vs Jacob TBA

TEAM JOHN

Thunderstorm Artis (Preach by John) vs Mandi Castillo (Stand by Me Ben E. King)

TEAM JOHN

Joanna Serenko (Angel From Montgomery by Bonnie Raitt) vs Zan Fiskum (The story by Brandi Carlile)

TEAM BLAKE

Joei Fulco (TBA) vs Levi Watkins (TBA)

TEAM KELLY

Micah Iverson (Graveyard by Halsey vs Taylor Green (Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper)

A team Blake KO where both contestants are black women singing Rihanna? don't think that's ever happened before.

Omg Zan : o she might be one of my favorites...

Thank you for the spoilers. 

Wow at Joana losing her battle and KO. Well, at least she makes it to PO, and escaped team John:yes:

1 hour ago, VOICENEWS said:

Megan Danielle (Piece by Piece by Kelly Clarkson)

She uploaded the cover of that song to Instagram. I really liked It.

1 hour ago, VOICENEWS said:

Thank you for the tip!

TEAM BLAKE:

Toneisha Harris (Diamonds - Rihanna) vs. Cedrice Webber (Love on the Brain - Rihanna) - STOLEN BY KELLY

-Both were good, Toneisha "murdered" her song, Kelly says Cedrice's has the "magic"

TEAM KELLY

Megan Danielle (Piece by Piece - Kelly Clarkson) vs. Cam Wesley (Say Something - A Great Big World) - STOLEN BY JOHN (Nick tried stealing as well)

-Cam got a standing ovation; both were very emotional

-Cam was originally Team John, faced Brandin Jay in battles, they apparently sang Señorita...

TEAM NICK

Allegra Miles (Chandelier - Sia) vs. Jacob Miller (TBA)

-Average KO, No steal

TEAM JOHN

Mandi Castillo (Stand By Me - Ben E. King) vs. Thunderstorm Artis (Preach - John Legend) - STOLEN BY NICK

-Both were good, Thunderstorm has a unique tone but messed up the beginning of his song

-Both were originally 4 chair turns

TEAM JOHN

Zan Fiskum (The Story - Brandi Carlile) vs. Joanna Serenko (Angel from Montgomery - Bonnie Raitt) - STOLEN BY BLAKE

-Both were good, Zan's tone is more "piercing" while Joanna's tone is more "specific"

-Joanna was originally Team Nick and turned Nick and Blake at the blind auditions

TEAM BLAKE

Joei Fulco (TBA) vs. Levi Watkins (TBA)

-Both good, Joei was "generic country", Levi had a big voice

-Blake chose off of a "gut feeling," but Levi was better

TEAM KELLY

Micah Iverson (Graveyard - Halsey) vs. Tayler Green (Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper)

-Both were good but the coaches had all been rooting for Tayler and were practically saying goodbye to Micah

-Kelly said Micah's performance was so good that she expected him to make the finale and his battle song was a Lewis Capaldi song

-Kelly had another gut feeling - chose Micah; people were surprised

-Micah is Kelly's only guy post-KO apparently.

No saves for KO's again, steals all used during the first taping as expected.

The 4 saves from battles will be competing in a 4-way KO and America will choose the winner.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

We’ll know for sure in about 3 months!

Seriously, though...if she did lose her KO, it really might be time to cancel this mess of a show once and for all. 

She did good but zan blew her out of the water! Zan brought her A Game and outshined Joanna.

Edited by Shakebelton91

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Thank you for the tip!

TEAM BLAKE:

Toneisha Harris (Diamonds - Rihanna) vs. Cedrice Webber (Love on the Brain - Rihanna) - STOLEN BY KELLY

-Both were good, Toneisha "murdered" her song, Kelly says Cedrice's has the "magic"

TEAM KELLY

Megan Danielle (Piece by Piece - Kelly Clarkson) vs. Cam Wesley (Say Something - A Great Big World) - STOLEN BY JOHN (Nick tried stealing as well)

-Cam was originally Team John, faced Brandin Jay in battles, they apparently sang Señorita...

TEAM NICK

-Average KO, No steal

TEAM JOHN

Mandi Castillo (Stand By Me - Ben E. King) vs. Thunderstorm Artis (Preach - John Legend) - STOLEN BY NICK

-Both were good, Thunderstorm has a unique tone but messed up the beginning of his song

TEAM JOHN

Zan Fiskum (The Story - Brandi Carlile) vs. Joanna Serenko (Angel from Montgomery - Bonnie Raitt) - STOLEN BY BLAKE

-Both were good, Zan's tone is more "piercing" while Joanna's tone is more "specific"

-Joanna was originally Team Nick and turned Nick and Blake at the blind auditions

TEAM BLAKE

TEAM KELLY

Micah Iverson (Graveyard - Halsey) vs. Tayler Green (Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper)

-Both were good but the coaches had all been rooting for Tayler and were practically saying goodbye to Micah

-Kelly said Micah's performance was so good that she expected him to make the finale and his battle song was a Lewis Capaldi song

The 4 saves from battles will be competing in a 4-way KO and America will choose the winner.

-  Everyone had great performances!

Also I agree with most everything except Joei definitely showed more with her voice than Levi. Levi did great but had a monotoned performance. Joei showed a lot of different aspects to her voice and she can go really big. She had the better performance.

- tayler also had a better performance and was robbed. She hit all of her notes and Micah was pitchy. That was a bad pick.

-things should get very interesting from here.

54 minutes ago, Shakebelton91 said:

-  Everyone had great performances!

Also I agree with most everything except Joei definitely showed more with her voice than Levi. Levi did great but had a monotoned performance. Joei showed a lot of different aspects to her voice and she can go really big. She had the better performance.

just checked her insta, 

when I read 'generic country', I didn't expect her to sound like this :haha: 

like this

and this

but it also depends on the song, she may sound generic if she sings a monotonous country song.

4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Thank you for the tip!

TEAM BLAKE:

TEAM KELLY

TEAM NICK

-Average KO, No steal

TEAM JOHN

TEAM JOHN

TEAM BLAKE

TEAM KELLY

How even is that going to work? Wouldn’t that have left an uneven number for knockouts?

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

How even is that going to work? Wouldn’t that have left an uneven number for knockouts?

Maybe now it's 10/team so 5 got past battle plus 1 steal = 3 pairs for each team in KO?

6 hours ago, Shakebelton91 said:

She did good but zan blew her out of the water! Zan brought her A Game and outshined Joanna.

Zan was my pre-show favorite so I'm ecstatic to hear this! However, Joanna was my second favorite, so I don't really know how to feel about her....

5 hours ago, Archanium said:

just checked her insta, 

when I read 'generic country', I didn't expect her to sound like this :haha: 

like this

and this

but it also depends on the song, she may sound generic if she sings a monotonous country song.

Yes! Check out Joei Fulco’s instagram and YouTube! I think she has a crazy amount of experience Due to the plethora of songs she can nail and you can see it when she performs. 
- she looks so comfortable performing And 

-I think we’ll have a new fan favorite out of her

8 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Thank you for the tip!

TEAM BLAKE:

TEAM KELLY

TEAM NICK

-Average KO, No steal

TEAM JOHN

TEAM JOHN

TEAM BLAKE

TEAM KELLY

Of course John didn't choose Thunderstorm when singing his own song 🙃

Thanks so much! I don't know what to think about that last sentence though...

3 hours ago, indodol said:

Maybe now it's 10/team so 5 got past battle plus 1 steal = 3 pairs for each team in KO?

So how many people do you think went home? 
ahhh it’s killing me!

6 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Of course John didn't choose Thunderstorm when singing his own song 🙃

Thanks so much! I don't know what to think about that last sentence though...

Woah a 4 way KO?? Oh man that’s throwing me for a loop.

For the record, this officially places Toneisha and Joei on Blake’s team during the auditions, and they both win their battle.

Edit: it also places Micah and Megan on Kelly’s team during auditions, as well as Zan and Mandi on John’s team!

Edited by MatthewPalermo

Audition teams as we know it currently:

Team Kelly (6/12):

JULES

Mandi Thomas

Megan Danielle

Micah Iverson

Sara Collins 

Tayler Green

Team Nick (6/12):

Arei Moon (Kelly was blocked)

Allegra Miles

Jacob Miller

Joanna Serenko (2 chairs)

Kevin Farris

Samuel Wilco

Team John (5/12):

Cam Wesley

Cedrice Webber (1 chair)

Mandi Castillo (4 chairs)

Thunderstorm Artis (4 chairs)

Zan Fiskum

Team Blake (6/12):

Cam Spinks 

Jamal Corrie

Joei Fulco

Kailey Abel

Levi Watkins

Toneisha Harris

Unplaced assumed chair turns (9)

Brandin Jay

Gigi Hess

Jon Mullins

Michael Williams

Samantha Howell (speculated to be Team Kelly)

Sara Collins

Tate Brusa

Todd Michael Hall

Todd Tilghman

Total chair turns known so far: 32/48

I think that's everything so far?

Edited by MatthewPalermo
Moved Brandin from John's team to unplaced
  • Like 1

I'm going to hold off commenting specifically on any contestants, but from what I've seen so far I'm generally impressed at the quality of performances the contestants have been able to deliver. This isn't acknowledged that much on here, but this show is incredibly stressful to be in and that can cause the artists to be more nervous than they usually be and not perform up to their abilities. While there have been a few people that haven't given their best performances and had execution issues here and there, I can only think of one complete disastrous performance of the three tapings I attended.  A lot of these battles and knockouts are going to come down to preferences and how the coaches want their team to be balanced out.

I've really been enjoying this season so far,  at this point I'm not really sure who the front runner is in my mind, there are a lot of really talented people and they have different strengths. Probably one of the most interesting things about this season for me is there are a few stylists who also have power and range. I would say it's mostly the case that singers are either categorized as belters or stylists, but there are contestants that do well at both.

Regarding the move out of Stage 12, I didn't speak with any crew members about it directly but another audience member heard that they are moving to stage that is way on the other side of the lot. Stage 12 is the largest soundstage on the lot, I would imagine they would have to utilize multiple stages to house everything that they can fit in Stage 12. There was one season, I think it was Season 16 where they used Stage 25 for Battles and Knockouts and the size of the actual set was only slightly smaller even though the building it was housed in was significantly smaller so the audience at home probably won't notice that much of a difference with how the set looks.

Edited by rhapsody99
Added comments about the move out of Stage 12.
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, indodol said:

It seems to make the most sense, given shortened episodes.  Honestly ok with this idea, it won't be such an unjustified bloodbath like the S16 cross battles/playoffs.  Less people to get invested in and potentially be disappointed.  Less people, means less forgotten. 

10 per team

(5 battles each)

6 per team/Knockouts

(3 knockouts per team) 

1 chosen out of battle save

Top 17- 4 per team (one team gets 5)

Top 12/13

Top 8

Top 4

Edited by katybay

1 hour ago, rhapsody99 said:

I'm going to hold off commenting specifically on any contestants, but from what I've seen so far I'm generally impressed at the quality of performances the contestants have been able to deliver. This isn't acknowledged that much on here, but this show is incredibly stressful to be in and that can cause the artists to be more nervous than they usually be and not perform up to their abilities. While there have been a few people that haven't given their best performances and had execution issues here and there, I can only think of one complete disastrous performance of the three tapings I attended.  A lot of these battles and knockouts are going to come down to preferences and how the coaches want their team to be balanced out.

I've really been enjoying this season so far,  at this point I'm not really sure who the front runner is in my mind, there are a lot of really talented people and they have different strengths. Probably one of the most interesting things about this season for me is there are a few stylists who also have power and range. I would say it's mostly the case that singers are either categorized as belters or stylists, but there are contestants that do well at both.

Regarding the move out of Stage 12, I didn't speak with any crew members about it directly but another audience member heard that they are moving to stage that is way on the other side of the lot. Stage 12 is the largest soundstage on the lot, I would imagine they would have to utilize multiple stages to house everything that they can fit in Stage 12. There was one season, I think it was Season 16 where they used Stage 25 for Battles and Knockouts and the size of the actual set was only slightly smaller even though the building it was housed in was significantly smaller so the audience at home probably won't notice that much of a difference with how the set looks.

Question, are you willing to divulge the team sizes? 

14 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Thank you for the tip!

TEAM BLAKE:

TEAM KELLY

TEAM NICK

-Average KO, No steal

TEAM JOHN

TEAM JOHN

TEAM BLAKE

TEAM KELLY

John dumped Thunderstorm?!  WTF was he thinking?!

Kelly dumping Tayler out of a "gut feeling" for Micah?  Yeah, I can see that biting her in the ass.  Then again, this is the same woman who, for some strange reason, thought that Alex Guthrie beat Injoy Fountain when . . . so not.

Really shocked that Blake dropped Levi.  I thought that he tries to keep his teen boys around.  (See: Jake Worthington.)

Edited by Rodney

4 hours ago, seak05 said:

Question, are you willing to divulge the team sizes? 

Of course she isn't.  "Mystery" excuse and all that jazz.🙄