idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

12 hours ago, Ptones2010 said:

Nah, Micah was making it into the top 4 regardless. Thunderstorm, and Todd were obviously the two locks for the finale, with MIcah right behind them. The 4th spot was a toss-up between Cammwess, or Toenisha, and the team quota helped Cammwess.

No way. 

Look at social media stats, The too 4 would’ve been Todd, Thunderstorm, Toneisha, and CammWess. 

Facebook is a good indicator on where things are...Micah wasn’t close 

Hey ya´ll I´m new, been watching since the legendary season 13. Been reading IDF too but decided to make an account to share my thoughts. After this weeks massacre elimination, my only favorite going into the finale is Thunderstorm. He probably is going to get the pimp spot since they want Nick to win. My only concern for him is Todd as we all know he generally favors extraordinarily well with the main audience (Team Minivan). Thunderstorm is resonating well though and he is no where near as polarizing as Katie Kadan. I suspect a top 2 consisting of Thunderstorm and Todd, the rest are interchangeable tbh, basing them off performance. Song choice will be key next week, they probably gave Thunderstorm a better original song to increase his chances. Hopefully TPTB´s plan is well executed this time compared to season 15´s attempt alas Kennedy Holmes.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StormZone said:

The team quotas kinda saved Micah tho. I feel like the top 4 would’ve been Todd, Thunderstorm, CammWess, and Toneisha. Idky they’re trying to save him. 😤

Anyways, I’m looking forward to CammWess+John Legend duet the most next week 🔥🔥🔥🔥

I don’t think they were trying to save him.  It just happened he received the most votes.

9 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

I don’t think they were trying to save him.  It just happened he received the most votes.

Lol his numbers flopped hard this week, if it wasn't for this new format, he would have lost that IS to Allegra.

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

Lol his numbers flopped hard this week, if it wasn't for this new format, he would have lost that IS to Allegra.

Social media numbers don’t equate to voting outcomes. 

1 minute ago, xfactor22 said:

Social media numbers don’t equate to voting outcomes. 

How would you know the totals anyway? We can't just go on one person's speculations. 

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

How would you know the totals anyway? We can't just go on one person's speculations. 

I wouldn’t, but every season we see that social media #s doesn’t always correlate with who advances. 

3 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Hey ya´ll I´m new, been watching since the legendary season 13. Been reading IDF too but decided to make an account to share my thoughts. After this weeks massacre elimination, my only favorite going into the finale is Thunderstorm. He probably is going to get the pimp spot since they want Nick to win. My only concern for him is Todd as we all know he generally favors extraordinarily well with the main audience (Team Minivan). Thunderstorm is resonating well though and he is no where near as polarizing as Katie Kadan. I suspect a top 2 consisting of Thunderstorm and Todd, the rest are interchangeable tbh, basing them off performance. Song choice will be key next week, they probably gave Thunderstorm a better original song to increase his chances. Hopefully TPTB´s plan is well executed this time compared to season 15´s attempt alas Kennedy Holmes.

Welcome! 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Same as S15 and S17

I almost included S16, until I remembered Jej. 

I see your point, yeah I guess being teenage country on Team  Kelly gets you all the votes, or being the only male country singer in a competition (lol). 

Jej was weird, he was so good in Audition (best one by far) and Battles, but then he had very average performances. He was a better singer than Micah (more range and control), I prefer Micah's tone, I think Micah vs CammWess was a very close battle for the 4th spot, it would go to the one who gets more pimping. 

2 hours ago, Theleaguan said:

I see your point, yeah I guess being teenage country on Team  Kelly gets you all the votes, or being the only male country singer in a competition (lol). 

Jej was weird, he was so good in Audition (best one by far) and Battles, but then he had very average performances. He was a better singer than Micah (more range and control), I prefer Micah's tone, I think Micah vs CammWess was a very close battle for the 4th spot, it would go to the one who gets more pimping. 

I honestly feel like it wasn’t that close. Facebook is a good indicator on how voting happens. (Or how majority votes) CammWess had a bigger following. 

• Like 3

The press release with details about the finale finally was released. It's not clear, but it sounds like the duets between the contestants and their coaches have been moved to Tuesday. The contestants will each perform a cover and an original song on Monday. Songland's Esther Dean, Ryan Tedder, and Shane McAnally will be working with each contestant and their coach to customize the original songs to fit with each artist and they will be showing more of the process. There will also be a group performance at the top of the show with the 5 finalists singing Collective Soul's "Shine." 

Tuesday's show will give all four coaches a performing slot. Blake is singing his duet with Gwen, Nick is performing with the rest of the Jonas Brothers, Kelly is singing her new single "I Dare You", John is doing a medley of his own songs. Bon Jovi, Lady Antebellum, KAROL G, and other guests TBD are also performing.

https://www.nbcumv.com/news/media-alert-‘-voice’-announces-special-finale-performances?show=151062&network=33129

1 minute ago, rhapsody99 said:

The press release with details about the finale finally was released. It's not clear, but it sounds like the duets between the contestants and their coaches have been moved to Tuesday. The contestants will each perform a cover and an original song on Monday. Songland's Esther Dean, Ryan Tedder, and Shane McAnally will be working with each contestant and their coach to customize the original songs to fit with each artist and they will be showing more of the process. There will also be a group performance at the top of the show with the 5 finalists singing Collective Soul's "Shine." 

Tuesday's show will give all four coaches a performing slot. Blake is singing his duet with Gwen, Nick is performing with the rest of the Jonas Brothers, Kelly is singing her new single "I Dare You", John is doing a medley of his own songs. Bon Jovi, Lady Antebellum, KAROL G, and other guests TBD are also performing.

https://www.nbcumv.com/news/media-alert-‘-voice’-announces-special-finale-performances?show=151062&network=33129

If only they could have done this in all the seasons tbh, duets are usually tragic.

5-person finale, with OVERALL vote.... not team format, and singing an original and cover on performance night for the competition. TPTB has the right path, but fails to execute HOW they will come to the conclusion. 

I hope the originals are good. I know TStorm has a bunch of good originals himself, hopefully they don't hand him a basic pop beat and lyrics.

• Like 3

On Monday, May 18, the Top 5 artists will perform for America’s vote. Each artist will perform one cover and one original song. The episode will kick-off with a special performance of Collective Soul’s “Shine,” featuring the Top 5 artists.

Interesting choice for a group number. Memories of Janice.

• Sad 5

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

On Monday, May 18, the Top 5 artists will perform for America’s vote. Each artist will perform one cover and one original song. The episode will kick-off with a special performance of Collective Soul’s “Shine,” featuring the Top 5 artists.

Queen Janice I-

emma stone crying GIF

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Are they trying to make me sob through the beginning of the episode? 💔

Janice deserved so much better than the hand she got dealt in life (understatement of the century, I know). 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Archanium said:

No hoot in the finale? He is promoting a new single too 👀

shook tbh, I mean he did have a pimp spot as well. TPTB in season 17 was very confusing aside from bussing Kat and Marybeth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Archanium said:

No hoot in the finale? He is promoting a new single too 👀

As usual, The Voice doesn't care about their former artists...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

And quick question, will the finalists be assigned one of the three Songland producers or will all three be working with each finalist? If it is the former, anyone who is getting a Ryan Tedder production is bussed (though some of his songland production are great I have to admit).

Edited by Gmm99

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gmm99 said:

As usual, The Voice doesn't care about their former artists...

At least they showed Maelyn on Tuesday to make us forget who the S17 winner was!

TPTB: Should we just have Maelyn do the Mastercard instead of our last season's winner?

other person: I think we should bring on Jake tbh, its only fair that ALL winners come back.

TPTB: hey dude nicksplat GIF

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Haha 6

51 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

So only the contestants are performing on Monday right?

Tuesday as well they should be, at least with their coach from across the screen.