idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

PV- Todd, Micah, CamWess and Thunderstorm

IS- Toneisha- she topped everyone on views and likes on twitter Facebook and Instagram and was well recieved on Facebook which is where most of the votes come from.

• Like 1

though I acknowledge that the link I provided before likely has incorrect data, I wanted to note that it has been updated and now has toneisha as IS winner with 

Thunderstorm Artis: 923,454 Votes

Todd Tilghman: 904,983 Votes

Toneisha Harris: 879,228 Vote

Allegra Miles: 873,973 Votes

CammWess: 870,762 Votes

Micah Iverson: 868,180 Votes

Joanna Serenko: 841,421 Votes

Megan Danielle: 783,809 Votes

Zan Fiskum: 717,802 Votes

7 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

though I acknowledge that the link I provided before likely has incorrect data, I wanted to note that it has been updated and now has toneisha as IS winner with 

Thunderstorm Artis: 923,454 Votes

Todd Tilghman: 904,983 Votes

Toneisha Harris: 879,228 Vote

Allegra Miles: 873,973 Votes

CammWess: 870,762 Votes

Micah Iverson: 868,180 Votes

Joanna Serenko: 841,421 Votes

Megan Danielle: 783,809 Votes

Zan Fiskum: 717,802 Votes

Even if it was correct or similar to the actual votes, Toneisha would still need to win the IS in a clean-slate vote.

although she could very well since Rose was a diva who got 50% of the vote so we'll see.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Even if it was correct or similar to the actual votes, Toneisha would still need to win the IS in a clean-slate vote.

although she could very well since Rose was a diva who got 50% of the vote so we'll see.

rose was up against much more polarizing contestants

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Djsoke said:

Wait, is there a coach quota for the finale?

Yes 1 from each team +1 instant save from the bottom 5.( 5 sing)

Top 5 finale.

Posted (edited)

Since there are no recordings, I thought this would be interesting to keep in mind before going into tonight's show:

iTunes Rankings for Original Songs

19. Love, Me (NEW)

22. Rainbow (+120)

109. Because You Loved Me (-3)

125. Lean On Me (+89)

154. Home (+997)

184. I Will Follow You Into the Dark (NEW)

222. Overjoyed (NEW)

225. What Hurts the Most (+1111)

288. Never Be the Same (NEW)

13. Say So (Doja Cat)

15. Cool Again (Kane Brown)

some versions charted multiple times so I just did the highest one and the number in parenthesis is how far they've jumped

Edited by rp3598

It's hard to believe they all SO close in votes (well, besides Megan and Zan). Also, no shade to Allegra, I've enjoyed most of her performances and liked her. But her being that high after last night... Idk, I mean when did she gather such a large fan base to vote regardless of how well/bad she does

33 minutes ago, Dany said:

Top 5 finale.

!!! Toneisha had the best performance of the night, and it was actually well received from team minivan, and she's gonna get bamboozled by these rules :(

1 hour ago, rp3598 said:

Since there are no recordings, I thought this would be interesting to keep in mind before going into tonight's show:

iTunes Rankings for Original Songs

19. Love, Me (NEW)

22. Rainbow (+120)

109. Because You Loved Me (-3)

125. Lean On Me (+89)

154. Home (+997)

184. I Will Follow You Into the Dark (NEW)

222. Overjoyed (NEW)

225. What Hurts the Most (+1111)

288. Never Be the Same (NEW)

13. Say So (Doja Cat)

15. Cool Again (Kane Brown)

some versions charted multiple times so I just did the highest one and the number in parenthesis is how far they've jumped

Was there a reason Because You Loved Me was already at 106 before the show? Genuine question lol.

Just a random song to be charting that high for no reason rn.

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Was there a reason Because You Loved Me was already at 106 before the show? Genuine question lol.

Just a random song to be charting that high for no reason rn.

Mother's day song? Meghan Trainor's Mom got up to like #3 or 4

5 minutes ago, Djsoke said:

Mother's day song? Meghan Trainor's Mom got up to like #3 or 4

Oh you're right! I don't personally associate it with Mother's Day so that threw me off lol. Thanks 🙂

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dany said:

Top 5 finale.

That doesn't seem fair.  Altho depending on the PV it might actually turn out that way anyway.

Edited by Catsy

40 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Oh you're right! I don't personally associate it with Mother's Day so that threw me off lol. Thanks 🙂

I was also really confused but that makes sense

I think its really strange that they're going to be singing original songs on national tv without having a studio recording for people to stream/download

Just noticed this is the 3rd finale in a row without teens. I  wonder if we have had that consecutive number in past seasons.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Just noticed this is the 3rd finale in a row without teens. I  wonder if we have had that consecutive number in past seasons.

There were teen finalists since Season 11.

Season 11 - We McDonald

Season 12 - Aliyah Moulden

Season 13 - Addison Agen

Season 14 - Brynn Cartelli and Britton Buchanan

Season 15 - Chevel Shepherd and Kennedy Holmes

There were no teen finalists for Season 16 onwards.

Posted (edited)

Remember when y'all thought the singer/songwriters would fluorish under these at-home circumstances?

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Great season really. This was so close. I enjoyed all the instance save performances. Allegra or Joanna were my picks, but then Toneisha came in surprising everyone with those whistle notes and took it home. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Remember when y'all thought the singer/songwriters would fluorish under these at-home circumstances?

Doesn't exactly have a singer-songwriter feel when you have overproduced mini videos with a ridiculous filter placed on top :haha:

• Haha 1

The team quotas kinda saved Micah tho. I feel like the top 4 would’ve been Todd, Thunderstorm, CammWess, and Toneisha. Idky they’re trying to save him. 😤

Anyways, I’m looking forward to CammWess+John Legend duet the most next week 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

I mean... If you check carefully Thunderstorm, Camwess and Micah dominated their groups doing singer-songwriter stuff with decent production. Allegra and Toneisha's great stage presence got screwed by the format. Joanna's style fits the format well, but that style can only go so far in a singing competition show.

The format didn't necessarily hurt Megan and Zan but being polarizing and indie (respectively) didn't help either. Amirite? 

46 minutes ago, echoap said:

I mean... If you check carefully Thunderstorm, Camwess and Micah dominated their groups doing singer-songwriter stuff with decent production. Allegra and Toneisha's great stage presence got screwed by the format. Joanna's style fits the format well, but that style can only go so far in a singing competition show.

The format didn't necessarily hurt Megan and Zan but being polarizing and indie (respectively) didn't help either. Amirite? 

Fair point, although I wouldn't categorize what Cammwess did in the lives as singer/songwriter-y.

• Like 1