Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Someone648

The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Quick question, are the finalists even going to sing and record original songs this season? 

they're probably not gonna be able to record it (like live studios in general) but they'll probably be sent "originals" and still sing them for the finale

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Zan has not built a very strong fanbase.

 

In order for her to make the finale, she's probably gonna need a gospel song AND Cam to flop hard.

That’s very unlikely. And judging by social media, Cam’s one of the most liked. On Facebook, he has the third most well received video with 11K likes and hearts. She’s gonna need to bring it! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gmm99 said:

Quick question, are the finalists even going to sing and record original songs this season? 

they are doing original songs (and coach duets) according to one of the contestant's instagram lives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

they are doing original songs (and coach duets) according to one of the contestant's instagram lives

wtf? cancel the show!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

wtf? cancel the show!

uhhhh what's the issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

they are doing original songs (and coach duets) according to one of the contestant's instagram lives

Hopefully they´ll make it work well. But I´m glad tbh, and its always a pleasure to have the coaches perform (at least for me). Happy that the contestants at least get to sing an original.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

uhhhh what's the issue?

instead of just singing another cover, they have to sing with their coach from across their screens? ugh. Let's just add a 6th finalist cause that will make 12 performances! they can do that for sure! and how about we just bring back the eliminated Top 17 artists for the 6th finale wildcard spot! Let's also just invite Kane Brown to perform and you can vote for him too!

He'll be Team Country, cause Minivan will like that and TPTB can have all their views!

What's next? How about everyone just gets to perform on results night for a 7th PLACEMENT! Cause that'll be fun, 5 minute instant save from all our Top 40! congrats yall got 30 seconds to sing a song! TPTB: handing out stuff

oprah winfrey GIF

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

instead of just singing another cover, they have to sing with their coach from across their screens? ugh. Let's just add a 6th finalist cause that will make 12 performances! they can do that for sure! and how about we just bring back the eliminated Top 17 artists for the 6th finale wildcard spot! Let's also just invite Kane Brown to perform and you can vote for him too!

He'll be Team Country, cause Minivan will like that and TPTB can have all their views!

What's next? How about everyone just gets to perform on results night for a 7th PLACEMENT! Cause that'll be fun, 5 minute instant from all our Top 40! congrats yall got 30 seconds to sing a song! TPTB: handing out stuff

oprah winfrey GIF

prob not live

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

instead of just singing another cover, they have to sing with their coach from across their screens? ugh. Let's just add a 6th finalist cause that will make 12 performances! they can do that for sure! and how about we just bring back the eliminated Top 17 artists for the 6th finale wildcard spot! Let's also just invite Kane Brown to perform and you can vote for him too!

He'll be Team Country, cause Minivan will like that and TPTB can have all their views!

What's next? How about everyone just gets to perform on results night for a 7th PLACEMENT! Cause that'll be fun, 5 minute instant save from all our Top 40! congrats yall got 30 seconds to sing a song! TPTB: handing out stuff

oprah winfrey GIF

 

tenor.gif

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ashwinner said:

they are doing original songs (and coach duets) according to one of the contestant's instagram lives

WHAT

 

oh no no no no no they did not just take the cover away...

Edited by MatthewPalermo
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2020 at 7:10 PM, Someone648 said:

Yikes @ my typo there :haha: 

Dont Look At Me Mean Girls GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Spoiler: next season we have voice contestants as coaches . Sugar Joans, Jake Hoot, Darious Lyles, and a duo-coach tram consisting of Will Breman and Jeffery Austin. 😛 

Edited by xfactor22
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

instead of just singing another cover, they have to sing with their coach from across their screens? ugh. Let's just add a 6th finalist cause that will make 12 performances! they can do that for sure! and how about we just bring back the eliminated Top 17 artists for the 6th finale wildcard spot! Let's also just invite Kane Brown to perform and you can vote for him too!

He'll be Team Country, cause Minivan will like that and TPTB can have all their views!

What's next? How about everyone just gets to perform on results night for a 7th PLACEMENT! Cause that'll be fun, 5 minute instant save from all our Top 40! congrats yall got 30 seconds to sing a song! TPTB: handing out stuff

oprah winfrey GIF

If it means, the Mandis and Jacobs have another performance:

7-C20-C21-F-F22-F-4811-859-A-C9-B0-F8-D7

Edited by xfactor22
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ashwinner said:

they are doing original songs (and coach duets) according to one of the contestant's instagram lives

Cool 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MatthewPalermo said:

WHAT

 

oh no no no no no they did not just take the cover away...

 

i'm pretty sure they didn't. i think ashwinner meant that they're going to do originals and duets, but not ONLY originals and duets. I can't imagine they'll do a finale without covers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if they're going to remove the finale cover, but if they did, I wouldn't be surprised. It's a shame, though, because the finale was the only round of this competition that didn't have some ridiculous and detrimental format change in it. They've mangled the format to a point where it feels like a totally different, much worse, show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So to recap: we’re getting the same songs in as we get most seasons (sad season 9 Christmas song face), .... and people are flipping out about it?

 

I’m so confused. Just going to be over here happy we get originals. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.instagram.com/hollywoodjunket/ Hollywoodjunket did an insta live with Joanna at around 5:40 of her interview she mention for the Finale if she is voted thru, they going to do a small songland mashup so she can work on her original stuff but didn't expand on what the mashup involved.

 

There was also Zan Interview on the same insta account, In Zan interview she said that she did her own track for last week and next week song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dany said:

https://www.instagram.com/hollywoodjunket/ Hollywoodjunket did an insta live with Joanna at around 5:40 of her interview she mention for the Finale if she is voted thru, they going to do a small songland mashup so she can work on her original stuff but didn't expand on what the mashup involved.

 

There was also Zan Interview on the same insta account, In Zan interview she said that she did her own track for last week and next week song.


Interesting stuff, but it’s too bad they couldn’t have found an outlet with more than 245 followers to interview them.  I guess it’s good practice for when they get famous some day. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

Spoiler: next season we have voice contestants as coaches . Sugar Joans, Jake Hoot, Darious Lyles, and a duo-coach tram consisting of Will Breman and Jeffery Austin. 😛 

You say this like they wouldn't find a way to make that entertaining - I might actually go start a thread asking which former contestants people would want to see as coaches, now that you've inspired me.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh, here's an upopular take from the rest of IDF: Honestly the finale format doesn't seem to bad, even if I think five contestants is a lot for a finale.Think about these perspectives

1. From the coach's perspective: Each coach is able to participate in the finale, and has a potential to challenge one of the 2-4 possible frontrunners

2. For the contestants perspective, for the five contestants who do not get the public vote, they will get one extra  performance. The winner of. the IS will get at least 3 extra performances

3. For the stans/fans of contestants who don't get the public votes perspective: They will enjoy at least one more performance from their fav, and even more if they win the IS

4. For the casual fans perspective: It makes the semis  more exciting, and makes the finale likely more diverse (even if the top 9 are already pretty diverse on their own), cause it gives a chance for those  types of contestants who usually don't make the finale(ex. Zan and Joana) or who usually have a 50-50 chance at making it (Micah and Toneisha) to have one chance at making it. 

 

Out of all the format changes throughout the seasons I have watched(shortening the seasons, the blinds block, the 4 way KO, the switch from 2 battle steals to 1 steal and 1 save, the infamous  cross-battles, the play-off formats this season (not talking about the videos, which were actually cool, but about the method for advancing and eliminating contestants) and season 14, and especially the audition comeback stage, which defeats the purpose of the blinds), this is one of the two format changes that  I have witnessed since i started watching live in Season 9, , that is actually not a bad thing when you think about it(the other being the coach comeback where coaches select someone they already turned for but eliminated in the battles or knockouts to compete in the playoffs.).  I can see why IDF might be upset, as it might give their favorite contestant(s) a challenge in the finale, but i think it could be a good thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

You say this like they wouldn't find a way to make that entertaining - I might actually go start a thread asking which former contestants people would want to see as coaches, now that you've inspired me.

True. I was actually trying to figure out what contestants would be entertaining. I'm pretty sure @mjdolorico would eat up the coaching duo of Will Breman and Jeffery Austin (likely 2 of the only favs we have in common lol)

Edited by xfactor22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xfactor22 said:

True. I was actually trying to figure out what contestants would be entertaining. I'm pretty sure @mjdolorico would eat up the coaching duo of Will Breman and Jeffery Austin (likely 2 of the only favs we have in common lol)

Will and Jeffery would be an interesting duo, given Will's spontaneity and energy on stage vs. IRL mellowness and Jeffery's shade/sense of humor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MatthewPalermo said:

WHAT

 

oh no no no no no they did not just take the cover away...

they're also doing a cover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xfactor22 said:

Tbh, here's an upopular take from the rest of IDF: Honestly the finale format doesn't seem to bad, even if I think five contestants is a lot for a finale.Think about these perspectives

1. From the coach's perspective: Each coach is able to participate in the finale, and has a potential to challenge one of the 2-4 possible frontrunners

2. For the contestants perspective, for the five contestants who do not get the public vote, they will get one extra  performance. The winner of. the IS will get at least 3 extra performances

3. For the stans/fans of contestants who don't get the public votes perspective: They will enjoy at least one more performance from their fav, and even more if they win the IS

4. For the casual fans perspective: It makes the semis  more exciting, and makes the finale likely more diverse (even if the top 9 are already pretty diverse on their own), cause it gives a chance for those  types of contestants who usually don't make the finale(ex. Zan and Joana) or who usually have a 50-50 chance at making it (Micah and Toneisha) to have one chance at making it. 

 

Out of all the format changes throughout the seasons I have watched(shortening the seasons, the blinds block, the 4 way KO, the switch from 2 battle steals to 1 steal and 1 save, the infamous  cross-battles, the play-off formats this season (not talking about the videos, which were actually cool, but about the method for advancing and eliminating contestants) and season 14, and especially the audition comeback stage, which defeats the purpose of the blinds), this is one of the two format changes that  I have witnessed since i started watching live in Season 9, , that is actually not a bad thing when you think about it(the other being the coach comeback where coaches select someone they already turned for but eliminated in the battles or knockouts to compete in the playoffs.).  I can see why IDF might be upset, as it might give their favorite contestant(s) a challenge in the finale, but i think it could be a good thing. 

the problem is, someone who is deserving of getting to the finale, by right of straight PV, may not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot if it was in this thread or the general thread someone wondered if they contestants had to return all the stuff they were sent wardrobe, cameras, lighting, mics, lighting equipment, etc. Mandi Thomas said during an interview on Thursday that her due date to return her wardrobe was the next day. So they do have to return it. I think the contestants are usually allowed to keep the wardrobe they actually wear on the show if it's not a rental, but not the shoes. Chevel was allowed to keep all of her cowboy boots she wore on the show, I think the winners do get to keep more stuff than the rest of the cast, Brynn was sent extra clothes as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...