idk it's nice to have a male dominated season 

especially after we got 4 female winners in a row in s13-s16

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Soreneraya said:

idk it's nice to have a male dominated season 

especially after we got 4 female winners in a row in s13-s16

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I feel like Megan/Micah is the closest battle for PV. Keeping in mind that she lost the PV this week, but that Mandi and Cedrice were still in, I wonder who they stole votes from. That could make a huge difference if the votes go Megan. Should be interesting to watch! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carlos3500 said:

I feel like Megan/Micah is the closest battle for PV. Keeping in mind that she lost the PV this week, but that Mandi and Cedrice were still in, I wonder who they stole votes from. That could make a huge difference if the votes go Megan. Should be interesting to watch! 

Yeah Micah and Megan is still pretty much up in the air. 

Wow......

Were the votes that lopsided to a certain coach (i.e. Blake) that they HAD to do this change?

Is their main horse in the race in danger of missing out the finale that they HAD to fudge the format to accommodate him?

Or do they just want all coaches represented in the finale?

So many questions......

• Like 1

I think the 3 ladies will do a group performance on finale 

8 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I think the 3 ladies will do a group performance on finale 

How dare you! 

giphy.gif

JK 😂

4 hours ago, holinessss said:

doja?? team minivan will literally crash themselves into the nearby river and i'm readyyy 

Imagine if they were a coach next season. how would they react then? 

Also, cool format, but tbh even 4 artists in the finale is a bit much, but they do get more exposure, and it makes the finale less predictable, and forces even frontrunners to bring their A game, cause one less-than stellar performance could potentially make them in danger, especially if another team member steps up to the plate and delivers something stellar, so it's somewhat understandable. 

Just now, thevoiceisthetop said:

how will they show 15 performances in finale

No coach duets, I assume

Just now, thevoiceisthetop said:

how will they show 15 performances in finale

Pretty sure we're assuming the duets are cut, so it'll just be 10.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Is their main horse in the race in danger of missing out the finale that they HAD to fudge the format to accommodate him?

So many questions......

I think its pretty much this one.  TStorm was already a lock for the finale. Same with Todd.

Edited by Misirlou

18 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Wow......

Were the votes that lopsided to a certain coach (i.e. Blake) that they HAD to do this change?

So many questions......

The latter makes the most sense.  I get the feeling that the voice plans twists before the seasons start to try and stay relevnat and "hip" and honestly this format could actually even the playing field quite a bit, and give more people a finale chance.

I’m sure we will have these same coaches for the next four seasons. Unless Nick gets too busy

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I’m sure we will have these same coaches for the next four seasons. Unless Nick gets too busy

Yeah, pretty sure Nick's the only one really up in the air.

John's pretty likely to stay but I can also see him taking the next season off as well.

100% we're keeping Kelly and Blake

Edited by Someone648

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

John's pretty likely to stay but I can also see him taking the next season off as well.

100% we're keeping Kelly and Jake

If John goes, I would be really happy with Jhud coming back

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

...y'all still think Zan has any type of chance. dreamers. I'm all for being hopeful, but that's dead lol.

Anyway, I had it as the four guys before this so it this does not change much in my opinion except add a girl. I think Micah is easily busable (they already kind of did it in the knockouts) so maybe Megan can sneak in there (highly unlikely) but all the other teams are pretty much set. Instant save...Toneisha and Zan have no chance. I don't see Joanna winning twice in a row so Allegra by default. 

Todd

Thunderstrom

CamWess

Micah 

IS: Allegra

This is what I see right now 

Edited by joe14

Do you guys think part of the reason for the 5-way finale is that there will be no coach duets? If that happens with a regular finale there will only be eight performances total. With a 5-way, that number is increased to 10.

I mean, they could've just added another song category to each of the finalists but... 🤡

20 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

100% we're keeping Kelly and Jake

Ah yes, my favorite Voice coach, Jake Hoot. 😌

• Haha 10

10 minutes ago, joe14 said:

...y'all still think Zan has any type of chance. dreamers. I'm all for being hopeful, but that's dead lol.

Anyway, I had it as the four guys before this so it this does not change much in my opinion except add a girl. I think Micah is easily busable (they already kind of did it in the knockouts) so maybe Megan can sneak in there but all the other teams are pretty much set. Instant save...Toneisha and Zan have no chance. I don't see Joanna winning twice in a row so Allegra by default. 

Todd

Thunderstrom

CamWess

Micah 

IS: Allegra

This is what I see right now 

I have another theory that TPTB was willing to gamble with this format because the PV votes  were a lot closer than they seem. I can easily see a situation where Megan beats Micah and Zan beats Cammwess with the right song choices. Heck, Todd isn't safe either, Toneisha might pull the dreaded gospel card before he does and snatch that PV.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Ah yes, my favorite Voice coach, Jake Hoot. 😌

Yikes @ my typo there :haha: 

Dont Look At Me Mean Girls GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by Someone648

This change in the rules almost certainly means TPTB knows who is getting votes and they didn't like the results.   I suspect it was shaping up to be a Blake Vs Nick finale and that was not going to work for them.     

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

With the focus of the Voice being so obviously about the coaches, of course this makes the most sense, especially if one or more coaches are in isolation and not participating any other way.   It does, though, also set up the idea of five coaches in the future.

Edited by LilBrooklyn18

15 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

This change in the rules almost certainly means TPTB knows who is getting votes and they didn't like the results.   I suspect it was shaping up to be a Blake Vs Nick finale and that was not going to work for them.     

I'd have less of an issue if it were top 4 vote-getters regardless of team; say Thunderstorm is #1, Allegra is #3, and CammWess is #4 - CammWess and T-storm move on, but Allegra goes to the IS despite technically out-earning CammWess in the votes.

This new system reminds me of the first two seasons and how those screwed people over (Jesse Campbell and Katrina Parker are the two names that come to mind). There's a reason they got rid of that format; why reinstate it now?