The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

In that case, he probably didn’t have as much support as people thought he had. Sawyer messed up on a performance and sailed on through. He won the show with his audition. He could have made animal noises for two minutes, and still have gotten voted through. 

Yes, that was my entire point. I don’t see Thunderstorm with a Sawyer trajectory. I see him with a Schuler trajectory.

4 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Yes, that was my entire point. I don’t see Thunderstorm with a Sawyer trajectory. I see him with a Schuler trajectory.

So, in other words, you don’t think he has any margin for error, as was the case with Schuler? That’s what I was wondering earlier. I can’t say whether or not that’s correct, but I disagree, based on what we’ve seen, so far. I reserve the right to change my mind, depending how badly he messed up in his KO. If he’s still dominating the Facebook demographic after his KO, he’ll be a finale lock.

I wouldn’t compare his trajectory to Sawyer either, but it’s closer to that than it is to the trajectories of most of the other recent winners, who separated themselves in later rounds (specifically the KO/cross battle). There have been several solid performances, but I’m not seeing evidence of frontrunner status from any of them, so far. 

Edited by TeamAudra

I just remembered something. Isn't Thunderstorm from Hawaii? And isn't Allegra from the US Virgin Islands? If Kelly already had live recording issues inland, imagine the issues those two have to face on an island. Yeah, "live" shows are NOT going to be possible in that setup.

11 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

I just remembered something. Isn't Thunderstorm from Hawaii? And isn't Allegra from the US Virgin Islands? If Kelly already had live recording issues inland, imagine the issues those two have to face on an island. Yeah, "live" shows are NOT going to be possible in that setup.

I agree it’ll probably be taped performances, and maybe even taped coach reactions too

36 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

I believe Allegra said that her family moved to Florida a few years ago in her blind, but the problem would still stand for Thunderstorm.

• Like 1

I’d be really surprised if any of it was live. The lag on the video feed would be an issue even if everyone has perfect internet. The internet isn’t perfect. I don’t think Blake’s OK place is as remote as Kelly’s in Montana, but it’s still rural. And heck I live in the middle of a major city and sometimes have internet issues. So the possibility of disaster is way high. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Allegra moved to florida after natural disasters :(

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

TOLD YAH! THEY WILL LEAK ALLEGRA VS. JACOB

Edit: So sad Jacob went home he's also good there and I like his tone. Wished that Nick paired Allegra Vs. Arei and Jon Vs. Jacob. He should have keep both. We'll see if Arei/Jon will have better performances.

Edited by JOMZ

I still can’t get past Allegra’s enunciation issues. I made it about half way through Jacob’s. I probably would have chosen Allegra, but I don’t think this is going to move the needle for her. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Allegra did great here but I understand the spoiler source who said that this is an Average knockout. Allegra wins this round for me though.

Because of her breathing there. Some of the runs are too airy.

1 minute ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Allegra did great here but I understand the spoiler source who said that this is an Average knockout. Allegra wins this round for me though.

Same here. This knockout wasn’t a standout knockout. I think they only chose this because the people in the knockouts with steals  have already Been leaked several times.

1 minute ago, JOMZ said:

Because of her breathing there. Some of the runs are too airy.

She really has this enunciation issue which makes it hard for us to understand the words she is singing. I hope she works on that though because she has a very gorgeous tone.

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Same here. This knockout wasn’t a standout knockout. I think they only chose this because the people in the knockouts with steals  have already Been leaked several times.

Yeah. I was hoping to get the Toneisha vs. Cedrice or Thunderstorm vs. Mandi C. leak but I guess TPTB wants to pimp a Team Nick knockout this time especially an Allegra performance.

Allegra's version of Chandelier was very different from any other I've heard, I'll give her that.

Jacob singing Better Now is the equivalent of Jake HaldenVang singing There's Nothing Holding Me Back last season. Such a weird song choice...