The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I’m just ranking what I think of the song choices here. I don’t really care who advances, so there’s no bias.

1. Ricky - The best song choice, and he’ll kill it. He might be the frontrunner after tonight.

2. Jake - Smart choice with potential crossover appeal. Don’t butcher it, though.

3. Rose - I feel like I’ve heard enough versions of this, but the audience likes this song. It’s better than the typical diva song contestants like her usually get.

4. Katie - I hate this song, but I guess it will appeal to her target audience? She’ll probably perform it very well, and have a new pair of funky glasses.

5. Kat - Zzzzzzz. She needed a Christian song to have a good chance.

6. Hello Sunday - I didn’t even listen, but it can’t be worse than the two below it.

7. Marybeth - Everyone will be comparing her performance with Carrie’s version. This almost never works.

8. Will - GTFO

So yeah ... my take on your take (mine in bold-italics/strike-through):

"... so there’s no bias.

1. Ricky - The best song choice, and he’ll kill it. He might be the frontrunner after tonight. ' I feel like I’ve heard enough versions of this, but the audience likes this song.'

2. Jake - Smart choice with potential crossover appeal. Don’t butcher it, though. 'I feel like I’ve heard enough versions of this, but the audience likes this song.'

3. Rose -' I feel like I’ve heard enough versions of this, but the audience likes this song.' It’s better than the typical diva song contestants like her usually get. I agree more with the second part of your statement, re: not diva typical (anyone else feel like Rose and Katie have almost sort of swapped singer archetypes recently?). Anyway, the vocal on Rose's studio preview was STELLAR (best of anyone here, though Ricky was also great imo), and if she can replicate or even surpass that live (what's her track record with that?), then I feel she could just blow every other version and every other competitor out of the water, for real.

4. Katie - I hate this song, but I guess it will appeal to her target audience? She’ll probably perform it very well, and have a new pair of funky glasses. So wait, R&B/Disco is her audience now? Doesn't matter though. Her body of work and fans accrued means she's a lock regardless. It's not even remotely a bad enough song choice. Rather enjoyable actually, if done right, and she can do it right. She might yet even get the pimp spot. B)

5. Kat - Zzzzzzz. She needed a Christian song to have a good chance."Somewhere Only We Know" is a GREAT song, and Lily Allen's vocal (as this appears to be, albeit with a different arrangement, no thanks to John probably), is a great fit for Kat. Kat's voice is unique enough, so she'll make it her own anyways, but done live, the vocal here should not be necessarily about perfection, but rather connection. On a song about "getting old". ironically it's nice to finally get to see/hear Kat singing a song that's younger than her! I suggested this song/version for her previously, as well as suggested she sing something less dated -- so can't complain on both counts. Christian song = good chance, maybe, BUT tbh = Zzzzzzzzz.

6. Hello Sunday - I didn’t even listen, but it can’t be worse than the two below it. You should've have listened, imho, because it's a pretty decent 1 min+, but hey we all have our biases, eh? I don't fancy them much either, but this is actually a beloved song that will appeal to their R&B leaning audience, with one of their better vocals to date to boot (nice loooong high note in there for brownie points as well). It's a song within their range and capabilities, but the overall production is a bit busy = potential for messiness. They're young, plus adrenaline, so the key as always will be execution and control, which has been hit and miss for them.

7. Marybeth - Everyone will be comparing her performance with Carrie’s version. This almost never works. Everyone will be comparing everyone's performances with some version, original or otherwise. So how about, in a rare moment of self-awareness, we just stop doing that? :sorcerer: In any case, she sounds plenty fine in the studio preview (I would've changed up the arrangement more though, it's too samey), but really, MB is the only one singing a straight-up country song in the solo round. Think about that for a moment.

8. Will - GTFO Again, this is actually a great song in and of itself, and not strictly a bad song choice for him. I'm not blown away by the studio (I seldom ever am with Will), but he does tend to be "extra" live, and often enough that works in his favor. That said, on a night with, imho, 8 good to great song choices, his I think is a little on the lesser end of that spectrum (no pun intended).

Ugh. Now that's a bus if I ever saw one. :ermm:

actually they just posted Rose/Katie and the background song is the same so I think no one is actually singing IWDWS :ph34r:

rose and katie is what we deserve

Edited by fredcr123

actually they just posted Rose/Katie and the background song is the same so I think no one is actually singing IWDWS :ph34r:

Waiting for confirmation before I breathe a sigh of relief :whistling:

I'm guessing Jake/Marybeth will be a pair then.

Although HS and Kat don't make sense, they are the leftovers.

There were pictures of Kat and Jake together. A duet maybe?

Guys they used I wanna dance with somebody for everyone lol

I adore Kats song I think she can have a moment tbh :wub: why on earth would Kelly give Hello Sunday Tori Kelly’s version ... not only is she one if the most polarizing artists ever she is also one of the most vocally skilled meanwhile Hello Sunday is just begining. I guess she hopes that the big parts of the song will carry them through

These are real. Check IG. Imagine being you and taking time to post fake spoilers like you do all mondays.

Lol. I don’t post fake spoilers every Monday. Also I’m not the only one who did.

Ps. I looked over ig and no sign of anyone doing IWDWS

Edited by xfactor22