The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I’m just ranking what I think of the song choices here. I don’t really care who advances, so there’s no bias.

1. Ricky - The best song choice, and he’ll kill it. He might be the frontrunner after tonight.

2. Jake - Smart choice with potential crossover appeal. Don’t butcher it, though.

3. Rose - I fee like I’ve heard enough versions of this, but the audience likes this song. It’s better than the typical diva song contestants like her usually get.

4. Katie - I hate this song, but I guess it will appeal to her target audience? She’ll probably perform it very well, and have a new pair of funky glasses.

5. Kat - Zzzzzzz. She needed a Christian song to have a good chance.

6. Hello Sunday - I didn’t even listen, but it can’t be worse than the two below it.

7. Marybeth - Everyone will be comparing her performance with Carrie’s version. This almost never works.

8. Will - GTFO

Using words like “best”, “hate”, and phrases like “gtfo” definitely sounds unbiased :ph34rwave::yes: :teehee:

Her vocals aren't poor like his :shifty:

Nobody’s vocals in this top 8 are poor. But whatever helps you sleep

If there were any doubt, Jake got this. How can he not win the season? The demo will love this. Another bonus fosho.

Who gets the other spots though?

PV1: Jake

PV2: Rose tbh

PV3: Kat :ph34r:

IS: Hello Sunday

Idk, this is a crazy prediction, but why the heck not?! Crazy season anyway.

Want:

PV1: Marybeth

PV2: Rose

PV3: Katie

Edited by QueenMae16

I wanted to go thru and rank them but I can’t (some are so good while others are....yeah) Anyways, I’m post them in the order I listen to them.

Rose—This woman right here!!! If she doesn’t get the PV, I will be VERY UPSET. (Wanted to say something else but felt I would get kicked out for cursing)

Hello Sunday—These runs they’re doing is freaking ridiculous, especially the one at the 1:50 mark. Now, the real challenge is singing it live. If they sing this live as well as they did in the studio, they could very well land in the M3. And depending on who they got partnered with, that could elevate them as well...possibly to PV3.

Will—I was a fan of his blind. Then after, it just started going downward personally. I don’t know. For me, it seems like he can’t hold notes. This was a fun studio to listen to but nothing big jumped out. Same ole Will. If he doesn’t land in B2, I will be shook.

Kat—OMG THIS SONG! ONE OF MY FAVORITES! (Not the artist singing...just the song) This studio sounds good, but I want to hear it live. If it’s gonna sound like I’m imagining in my head, SHE GOTS TO GO! But my prediction is that she’ll land in M3.

Ricky—Ok now! His voice is just so good. I can see him jamming with the guitar solo right now lol. Can’t wait to see this live. That whole last 40sec of him belting out notes YES! MORE OF IT!

Jake—I ain’t gonna lie. There’s no point of me listening to this whole thing when we know dang well he’s gonna make it anyways. His voice is just boring to me. He does nothing new. Same ole same ole.

Katie—They really gave her this song? Chile.....She better do it justice. As someone African American, don’t ruin my song, mama. We gon have problems lol. It sounds like regular Katie. Idk how I feel about this.

Marybeth—I like this song (unpopular opinion). That note at 1:27 YES! But this does sound like her send away in a way. (Lol I didn’t intend for that to happen)

As for the duets, I think we’re getting Kat & MB. That’s the only pairing I see as obvious. I’m confused bout the others. But since I see Hello Sunday being paired with Rose or (who I thought based on a post) Jake, don’t be surprised if Hello Sunday beat out some of these people. I want them to get PV3 cause I love the social media meltdowns :D

Edited by StormZone

i really love alisan’s version of desperado ( i still listen to it these days) so i don’t think i could love Hoot’s.

and also “before he cheats” ughhh why john whyyy he chose best song for mealyn in semi last year but for this year, i don’t like all 3 songs from his team. trainwreck for sure.

and please top 4 should be rose ricky katie and whoever does best (desperately want mb in final :'( )

This might sound weird to many of you bc we all took it for granted that Katie was in the top 2, but because of the song choices, I'm wondering if Katie and Rose are tied in the votes, and TPTB prefers Rose to make it. But maybe I'm just biased bc I hate Katie's song with a vengeance.

Who is likely to lead off tonight and who is likely to close? Lead in with Katie?

Based on these studios, out of Katie Jake and Hello Sunday, yeah one of Kelly’s artists is closing the show. Unless they let Rose close again since she’s Gwen’s only artist.

This might sound weird to many of you bc we all took it for granted that Katie was in the top 2, but because of the song choices, I'm wondering if Katie and Rose are tied in the votes, and TPTB prefers Rose to make it. But maybe I'm just biased bc I hate Katie's song with a vengeance.

I hope Rose can actually get ahead of Katie tbh. Do we know if Jake is actually on top still?

Also, Aliyah is gonna be SHOOK by Marybeth.

I hope Rose can actually get ahead of Katie tbh. Do we know if Jake is actually on top still?

Also, Aliyah is gonna be SHOOK by Marybeth.

Everyone just assumes Jake is on top because of streaming, country artist etc. Maybe Katie was massively far ahead and so they gave her this song to keep it competitive, who knows :shifty:

Edited by Djsoke

We don't know sh!t, except who got the bonuses. But we do know what the demo likes. And Jake does fit the profile, plus he never had a bad performance, even though I personally think they were nothing special, plus he's the only country contestant left. You do the math. :whistling: