idolforums.com
Elliott

The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Also forgot to mention, but Farrah Moan becomes the first multiple-season queen to be eliminated form the rankdown for now!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Also forgot to mention, but Farrah Moan becomes the first multiple-season queen to be eliminated form the rankdown for now!

source.gif 

10 minutes ago, Elliott said:

that’s disgusting.

Kahanna Montrese

tumblr_pluz2dhH7A1ujnuaso4_250.gifv

Sorry to have to cut Kahanna. She's an interesting one for me... she was someone I was really hoping to see on Drag Race for a while and was super excited when she ended up being cast, but then went on to be one of the most underwhelming queens. Other than her iconic flip cup moment in the mess of a cast ruveal :wub: she just didn't deliver. Her fashion was messy and she didn't really have much of a personality that we saw. In the first design challenge her look was a total mess... minimal effort went into it. She crushed Soju in the lip-sync, but also anyone could crush Soju in a lip-sync. In the acting challenge she completely faded into the background, especially next to Mercedes and her opulence moment. Her look was once again not great for the runway. She pulled out a bunch of tricks for the lip-sync and I thought going into it she would beat Mercedes, but Mercedes went and killed it and Kahanna wasn't able to be the lip-sync assassin her drag mother was. I still didn't mind Kahanna but then she was a total MESS in the reunion. She tried to get airtime by feuding with Mercedes of all people, and then in the reading challenge she gave the most awkward/unfunny read to Plastique. So yeah, such a disappointment. However, I really like her song "Scores" which is lowkey one of my favorite songs by a RuGirl.

All I remember was her trying to get airtime by being all SHADE DOESN'T MAKE YOU OPULENT, whatever the f*ck that meant. S11 had too many queens, jfc.

Farrah Moan

tenor.gif?itemid=13124818

Aww... I can't lie, I actually love Farrah. I had a feeling there was gonna be something up with those initial first 2 names and so I didn't wanna put my favorites at risk, but also didn't wanna choose two queens I didn't like, in case of them getting fasttracked to the end or something... and I ended up with someone like Farrah who I could understand going early but also, would have been hilarious if she randomly made it far because of this :dead: Honestly, for someone with such a short run on AS4, Farrah was still a star of that season imo. The over-saturation of All-Stars seasons means that there are some people on there who really should not be there... and I love Farrah but she's not at the calibre of All-Stars just yet. It felt pretty obvious she'd be an early out on this season - especially after we saw her reading challenge skills hadn't improved whatsoever :haha: Although considering the run of burlesque variety show performances I was hopeful for her in the first challenge! It was going ok, she was living her Xtina in Burlesque fantasy, and then.. we all know what happened. She was lucky to be in the bottom 2 against Jasmine which made her an easy save into the next challenge.

The girl groups episode was A LOT and I've seen many people say it's one of the best Drag Race episodes in recent memory, because it was pretty action-packed. Farrah seemed like the weak link in a group of Monique, Monet and Naomi, although at first it kinda seemed like she was turning it out and this could have been a good challenge for her! However, in the midst of it things got messy, her feud with Gia escalated a lot, leading to her underrated "some of us don't have to force storylines to get airtime" line :haha: Then came the challenge and yikes... that group was a bit all over the place but Farrah was really not good. Her verse was ok but as the judges put it, her dancing was so white it hurt. Being put in the bottom 2 with Monique (who was only there because of a jacket and shouldn't have been there at all) meant she was pretty much done for, even if Valentina pulled through the lip-sync, which she did! There was room for a little bit more drama with Gia interrupting the deliberations, and then Farrah saying "you actually don't love me" to her as she got eliminated. In the comeback episode I thought she put up an okay fight but Valentina was the clear leader. I love Farrah but she was just out of her element on this season, she should have left more time between S9 and AS4 to grow but I understand why they wanted her on the same season as Valentina. Sorry to have to be the reason she's going so early!

tumblr_pku4ucRSSj1slqf6ao2_500.gifv

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

All I remember was her trying to get airtime by being all SHADE DOESN'T MAKE YOU OPULENT, whatever the f*ck that meant. S11 had too many queens, jfc.

Such a mess. She was really trying to get a catchphrase and it bombed. :dead:

Which Farrah Moan is that a write-up for because I'm too lazy to read it all the way through and really just want the seasons next to their names to appease my OCD

4 minutes ago, *Lily said:

(who was only there because of a jacket and shouldn't have been there at all)

It should've been Gia and Farrah, but Ru probably didn't want to put Gia there when her verse was about transgender people given the controversy.

But then he also missed drama with it being between Farrah vs Gia so idk what he's even doing.

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Which Farrah Moan is that a write-up for because I'm too lazy to read it all the way through and really just want the seasons next to their names to appease my OCD

AS4! (made sure the gifs lined up. :haha:)

1 minute ago, Zoey0069 said:

I’ve see Kahanna live and she’s amazing. 😍

Wish we could have seen more of her performing on the show because she seems great!

1 minute ago, *Lily said:

I realized as soon as I saw the gifs, so my shade failed worse than Kahanna's in the reunion. :( 

• Haha 1

Just now, Elliott said:

It should've been Gia and Farrah, but Ru probably didn't want to put Gia there when her verse was about transgender people given the controversy.

But then he also missed drama with it being between Farrah vs Gia so idk what he's even doing.

Lol yeah Gia dodged a bullet there really but that makes sense. Tbh I feel like they could have put Manila there because that was a weak challenge for her (although now imagining Valentina pulling a Naomi moment for the drama and how that season would unfold otherwise :dead:)

1 minute ago, *Lily said:

I feel like they could have put Manila there because that was a weak challenge for her

Her runaway look that episode snapped too much for that to happen.

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Wish we could have seen more of her performing on the show because she seems great!

We saw her in Vegas (alongside Shannel and Indiya). Best 3 hours of my entire existence.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Her runaway look that episode snapped too much for that to happen.

Oh I forgot that was the same episode :haha:

Gothy Kendoll (UK1)

Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll Gothy Kendoll 

Gothy Kendoll was the first out in Season 1 of Drag Race UK. For some reason they cast some super green queens that season mixed in with super experienced queens. Anyway, it was clear that Gothy was a bit out of her depth and was kind of shy. I thought she had a Pearl vibe, but if I'm honest that's probably just what I picked up from boy Gothy and not from her fashion/drag. Oh well. Gothy seemed super charming and while she was the CLEAR person to be eliminated first, it was still kind of sad to see her go. She's probably my favorite of the first-outs who didn't come back for another season. If the name lists were actually immunities, that would have been funny and I wouldn't have minded. As a very young queen, Gothy will probably mature and grow as an artist so she's definitely one to watch.

Episode 1 Tracksuit GIF by BBC ThreeEpisode 1 GIF by BBC ThreeEpisode 1 Roar GIF by BBC Three

Gothy was one of my favourites from UK1. I would’ve liked to have seen her go further, but that lip sync was nagl for her.

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

:dead: 

Somebody needed to tag themselves with this new feature. Trendsetter tea. LOL.

5 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

@Elliott has exactly 69 reputation so nobody is allowed to like any of his posts anymore.

No, it will get me to my next goal - 6969. :giggle: 

23 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

@Elliott has exactly 69 reputation so nobody is allowed to like any of his posts anymore.

:dead:

Just waiting on @vee_’s write-ups. It’s not late enough in the morning for him to get annoyed by me. 😘