idolforums.com
Elliott

The Drag Race Rankdown #2

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Two votes to save Chi Chi who objectively had a worse run in S8 and one vote to save Thorgy who objectively had a better run in S8, but whatever.

Just waiting on @*Lily.

Lily will most likely save Chi Chi! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Lily will most likely save Chi Chi! 

I'm aware. Hence my sass. :giggle: 

• Haha 1

Anyway, Derek is responsible for Thorgy’s write-up but @Zoey0069 is free to nominate her ten queens. The OP is up to date so no excuses from her. 😘

Just a heads up that after @vee_’s nominations to finish the cycle, the game will be taking a quick pause for a few days so that those of who have to do 20+ write-ups for other rankdowns can work on them. :haha:

28 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Anyway, Derek is responsible for Thorgy’s write-up but @Zoey0069 is free to nominate her ten queens. The OP is up to date so no excuses from her. 😘

Just a heads up that after @vee_’s nominations to finish the cycle, the game will be taking a quick pause for a few days so that those of who have to do 20+ write-ups for other rankdowns can work on them. :haha:

I nominate twice? 

THORGY THOR S8

season 8 thorgy thor GIF by RuPaul's Drag Raceseason 8 thorgy thor GIF by RuPaul's Drag Racethorgy thor GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race S8season 8 thorgy thor GIF by RuPaul's Drag Raceseason 8 thorgy thor GIF by RuPaul's Drag Raceseason 8 thorgy thor GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race S8

Before Thorgy was a meme icon in AS3, she appeared on the underrated Season 8. Thorgy was one of the New York girls who came in that season, along with Bob and Acid Betty. Thorgy was an incredibly polished and incredibly talented queen with all the skills needed to do well on the show. Basically, she was a total C.U.N.T. Thorgy's storyline on Season 8 was a feud with Bob the Drag Queen that existed in her own mind. She was very focused on everything Bob did and was determined to show that she could do just as well if not better at everything. As displayed on AS3, Thorgy was hyper aware of the producer stuff going on and took offense if she was ever overlooked undeservedly. Meanwhile, Bob seemed completely unbothered. Thorgy performed extremely well in most of the challenges, particularly in the acting challenges. She was never in the bottom 3 until she suddenly went home. Thorgy's downfall was Bob had a lot of the same strengths in challenges and always seemed to eclipse whatever Thorgy did. Meanwhile, Naomi, Derrick, and Chi Chi got by week after week by SHOCKING the judges by being passable lol. Why reward the queen who's been consistent when you can be surprised by queens who improve. Not an uncommon storyline for reality shows, but it's not what Thorgy deserved. She went home in SIXTH PLACE which is absolutely ridiculous when you think about it. Do I think Thorgy would have done better (or at least came across better) if she hadn't focused so much on what Bob was doing? Yes. Do I also think that Thorgy deserved the finale? Yes. Do I also think that Thorgy would have demolished the season if Bob wasn't there? Probably, which kind of proves her correct about it hahaha. I loved Thorgy's talking heads and she did a good job narrating the season (and shading Acid Betty) when she was on the show. I thought she absolutely deserved All Stars and was glad she had the chance to do it, even if they did her dirty again.

Still never understood why RuPaul and his penchant for overly manufactured drama didn't want to see Thorgy vs Bob in the finale.

season 11 take a look GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race
Nina Flowers (S1)

Tatianna (S2)

Raja (S3)

Manila (S3)

Latrice Royale (S4)

Roxxxy Andrews (S5)

Courtney Act (S6)

Ginger Minj (S7)

Trinity Taylor (S9)

Trinity (AS4)

Save manila

Cut ginger

Posted (edited)

source.gif

GINGER MINJ (S7)

Ginger is part of the old lady brigade who were very hateful of the young and beautiful queens of season 7. She and Kennedy got on my nerves so much that I just couldn't get past that to like them. She did well in challenges and won. Her highlight for me was when she did Adele on Snatch Game. Ginger didn't serve any looks in my honest opinion to be honest. She did well but nothing to be excited about since S7 was kind of disappointing in general. She seemed extremely bittee towards Violet and lol I don't really care dor Violet but I cackled when she won over Ginger. Thank God for corsets, noh, Ginger? Anyway it's almost 2:30am here so this is done.

Edited by vee_

Nina Flowers (Season 1)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

"Just plug it in, and blow....shhhhhhhh!"

Nina Flowers deserved to win the very first season of RPDR. Quite a crime that she did not win actually. An icon and a real trailblazer in the drag community, Nina Flowers truly is unlike any other drag queen. Her combination of avant-garde runway looks, androgyny, and sickening make-up skills make Nina Flowers a truly rare gem in the drag world. And Nina Flowers was doing this type of drag way before the popularization of RPDR and drag as an art form in mainstream media. Seriously. A trendsetter. Nina Flowers came on to Season 1 and showcased a type of drag that most had not been exposed to - she was not a cookie-cutter glam queen, but instead this intriguing drag artist with a clear understanding of herself. That is probably due in part to her long career before joining the show, but this experience really showed throughout the entirety of Season 1.

Nina Flowers really provided so many firsts - first queen from Puerto Rico to be on the show, first queen to be chosen by the fans for the show, first queen to represent the Colorado drag scene, first queen to walk down the runway, first Miss Congeniality, first main challenge winner, first queen to never hit the bottom and advance to the finals, the first runner-up. There are so many reasons why Nina Flowers will always be a legend. 

For example, her legendary run to the finals in which she placed high every single week besides one. Her legendary looks - my favorites of which are her iconic Drag on a Dime and Evening Wear. Or her solid performances across every challenge. Nina Flowers dominated Season 1, and all with a charm. Seriously the sweetest queen ever, and I loved that her late mother served as her passion to come on the show and win. Though she did not win, she won the hearts over of every fan and cemented herself as a true drag legend - one that has been slaying both before and after RPDR.

This is not a cut that I want to make - there are far weaker queens than Nina that were not nominated. But Season 1 is just such a distant memory, and a weaker season overall. So it's hard to justify cutting some of the other legends that dominated on much stronger seasons. ILY Nina Flowers!

SAVING: Raja

11 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Quite a crime that she did not win actually.

season 1 1x6 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Tatianna (S2)

Latrice Royale (S4)

Roxxxy Andrews (S5)

Courtney Act (S6)

Trinity Taylor (S9)

Trinity (AS4)

Remaining for @*Lily and @FrogLenzen.

what the judges aren't seeing is that Tyra is a complete bitch

27 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

what the judges aren't seeing is that Tyra is a complete bitch

rupauls drag race hair flip GIF

• Haha 1

hit2rfx8avn41.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=

I want to start living my life with 1% of the self-confidence BeBe has.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I met Latrice at a gymnastics class in Ft. Lauderdale lol. That was before I had ever seen drag race and everyone was like "zomg it's Latrice" and I had no idea who she was because I'm WHAT?! IGNORANT. She said my cartwheels were nice. I randomly just remembered that during my write-up. So for that reason:

Cut Trinity S9

Save Courtney S6

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I met Latrice at a gymnastics class in Ft. Lauderdale lol. That was before I had ever seen drag race and everyone was like "zomg it's Latrice" and I had no idea who she was because I'm WHAT?! IGNORANT. She said my cartwheels were nice. I randomly just remembered that during my write-up. So for that reason:

Cut Trinity S9

Save Courtney S6

Courtney once kicked a puppy.

That puppy was Katya.